Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

The jogging track is on deck 16 midship. It is a complete "oval".

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=364&deckId=Deck%2016

ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=364&deckId=Deck%2016

I knew that I saw it on the deck plans a while ago and when I went looking for it now....I totally missed it.:o I guess I was too focused on those huge slides! I appreciate your reply, thank you.:)

Enjoyed your photos. Any chance you will be able to take any more photos on the development on the outsides of breakaway and what's happening on the outfitting dock. Thanks

Thanks. Sorry, not going to be at Meyer again this month or year untill Getaway floatout. ;) It was just a fun trip to the shipyard, 600km return in total for me.

But Andreas Depping is making great(er) shots and on regular basis.

http://cruiseship-gallery.de

good morning one and all..

Hey Gambee great photos..

I also have a request.. We have two inside cabins rm's 11659 and 55

Can you show me where those are at????

Sorry I just had too

With three kids this is all we could afford.

But god I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading this thread. Thank you everyone

June 23rd can't come fast enough.

This made me LOL!!! :p. We are in an Inside Stateroom for our Presidents Week Breakaway Cruise next year. We are in 11673 and our friends are in 11675 across the hall, also Inside.

This will be my 5th NCL Cruise, 14th cruise in general and we've only had a balcony once on the Gem...I hated it!!! :eek: Let me explain...I have 2 kids, and I am a nervous wreck about them going near the balcony. On the Gem, the lock on our balcony doors was broken and every time we came back to the cabin, the doors were open! It would open while we were sleeping as well. It was our FIRST time with a balcony and I realize that when I sail with the kids, I'd rather not. PLUS...Inside Staterooms provide such an AMAZING sleep!!! :D

I knew that I saw it on the deck plans a while ago and when I went looking for it now....I totally missed it.:o I guess I was too focused on those huge slides! I appreciate your reply, thank you.:)

I totally agree about focusing on the slides.

good morning one and all..

Hey Gambee great photos..

I also have a request.. We have two inside cabins rm's 11659 and 55

Can you show me where those are at????

Sorry I just had too

With three kids this is all we could afford.

But god I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading this thread. Thank you everyone

June 23rd can't come fast enough.

Finally someone else in an interior. I totally agree. It's just the two of us so were trying to save our OBC for drinking, lol.

Thanks. Sorry, not going to be at Meyer again this month or year untill Getaway floatout. ;) It was just a fun trip to the shipyard, 600km return in total for me.

But Andreas Depping is making great(er) shots and on regular basis.

http://cruiseship-gallery.de

WOW - 600km round trip - great effort. I'm on the Breakaway TA and most probably on the Getaway TA next year, so will look out for your pics, should you make the fun trip again.

Thanks again

I am not very knowledgeable about hump cabins either but what I have read leads me to believe that hump cabins are sought after because they have larger than normal balconies.

Blue dot cruisers are those who feel that "lounger hogging" at the pools should be monitored and after a reasonable period of time, towels and other items left on them to "reserve" them should be removed so other passegers can use the loungers by the pool. Others may add or correct if I am mistaken.

Thank you Journey!! :D

I don't know if this came up in this thread, but if you look at the deck plans, all the inside cabins are accessed via interior hallways.

I found this while looking at my brother's cabin on our cruise. I was figuring the quickest route to visit them. I saw little circles in the interior halls, according to the deck plan legend they indicate interior cabin access.

So the inside cabin (for their kids, they're older but she still wanted to be close) they thought was directly across the hall from their balcony was down the hall, around the corner, and back down another hall, to get to the door.

The back wall of the cabin is directly across, but the door is not.

The PCC said they didn't know this when originally booked! My SIL was able to move their balcony so it's only a zig zag to the kids. Nothing on our deck was available for closer cabins.

Just FYI

"River Ems Conveyance of Norwegian Breakaway

Expected Date: not before March 11, 2013

More detailed information about the date and specific schedules will be published in this section at the earliest on Friday (March 08, 2013)"

This made me LOL!!! :p. We are in an Inside Stateroom for our Presidents Week Breakaway Cruise next year. We are in 11673 and our friends are in 11675 across the hall, also Inside.

This will be my 5th NCL Cruise, 14th cruise in general and we've only had a balcony once on the Gem...I hated it!!! :eek: Let me explain...I have 2 kids, and I am a nervous wreck about them going near the balcony. On the Gem, the lock on our balcony doors was broken and every time we came back to the cabin, the doors were open! It would open while we were sleeping as well. It was our FIRST time with a balcony and I realize that when I sail with the kids, I'd rather not. PLUS...Inside Staterooms provide such an AMAZING sleep!!! :D

We've only had oceanview cabins. Each time we've had the curtains closed. So we're sticking to interiors. Maybe one day we'll do a balcony.

I don't know if this came up in this thread, but if you look at the deck plans, all the inside cabins are accessed via interior hallways.

I found this while looking at my brother's cabin on our cruise. I was figuring the quickest route to visit them. I saw little circles in the interior halls, according to the deck plan legend they indicate interior cabin access.

So the inside cabin (for their kids, they're older but she still wanted to be close) they thought was directly across the hall from their balcony was down the hall, around the corner, and back down another hall, to get to the door.

The back wall of the cabin is directly across, but the door is not.

The PCC said they didn't know this when originally booked! My SIL was able to move their balcony so it's only a zig zag to the kids. Nothing on our deck was available for closer cabins.

Just FYI

. I booked a mini suite maybe a month ago and my pcc told me the best part was that the inside cabins across from us didn't open to our room but to a inside corridor .What if I wanted to put my kids in an inside room,I wouldn't feel comfortable with that set up.Good pickup newcruiser

I have been glued to this thread, and I have searched it for the answer to this, but it is so long I may have missed it, is I am sorry if this is a repeat . I had a balcony booked on deck 10 toward the back of ship, but just changed to deck 9 in the front. It lists it as a large balcony. Any idea if thus is true it is room 9116. Anyone want to take a venture at where that is in the real breakaway picture?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWo2HixwWChJmTlnMbnhmaZhWgTDirTCx7DI3LDU8wsX9_-e4FjA

If you are still not clear, this is an example of "hump cabins"(from another ship).

They may not be any bigger, just stick out a little farther.

Awesome! Got it!:)

You guys are so great! I'm new to NCL so this is all new to me, the lingo that is.

Gambee can you show me where 14846 is pretty please with sugar on top. Also, is there any advantage in paying your cruise off in full early, no right? Thanks again Gambee!

No advantage that I know of, I paid mine very early.

Sorry but there are no really good pictures of that side. Best I could do.

Screenshot2013-03-06at95818PM_zps4b98b1bd.png

I have been glued to this thread, and I have searched it for the answer to this, but it is so long I may have missed it, is I am sorry if this is a repeat . I had a balcony booked on deck 10 toward the back of ship, but just changed to deck 9 in the front. It lists it as a large balcony. Any idea if thus is true it is room 9116. Anyone want to take a venture at where that is in the real breakaway picture?

A few pages back, well much more than a few, back when the ship was still inside the warehouse this became a topic of discusion here. I believe another member noted how the deck 8 balconies that you're talking about are larger than the other ones, but not as big as the minisuites one deck below you.

If am I right, you notice an indentation where the arrow points that shows the balconies becoming larger. Then circled is your room, I think...

Screenshot2013-03-06at100227PM_zpseb4dbee6.png

I found one of the old ones, before they added the extra space for the extended balcony. But you can see where they start to extended the area for those balconies. Looks like they almost double in length.

Screenshot2013-03-06at101125PM_zps7b799010.png

Hope that helps.

I totally agree about focusing on the slides.

Finally someone else in an interior. I totally agree. It's just the two of us so were trying to save our OBC for drinking, lol.

Us too,,, I'm just excited to be on a brand new ship. Drinking,, balcony, Drinking Balcony,,, LOL Tough choice.. I have three kids 15,12 and 10...

Drinking we have a winner

Believe me I completely understand. My three grandkids live with me and even though the youngest is 10 I would be a wreck thinking about them outside. I'll quote another insider.. drinking or balcony.. with three kids the drinking won.. :)

I know everyone is all excited about finding their balcony location, so I'll ask this again....anyone have any idea on where the jogging track is? I've been reading that the jogging track on Epic is not good at all and I am concerned that they will repeat the same thing on Breakaway.:(

Looks like on the deck plans it is on deck 16 around the water slides and rock climbing wall. There was a video on float out day that showed the rock wall.

Believe me I completely understand. My three grandkids live with me and even though the youngest is 10 I would be a wreck thinking about them outside. I'll quote another insider.. drinking or balcony.. with three kids the drinking won.. :)

Drinking would always win for me :D. We were going to initially stay in an interior, but I decided to upgrade us for moms bday gift. But it did indeed stretch our budget pretty far. I think our next cruise (possibly Royal Princess) will be an interior, I have to play catchup now, lol :D

. I booked a mini suite maybe a month ago and my pcc told me the best part was that the inside cabins across from us didn't open to our room but to a inside corridor .What if I wanted to put my kids in an inside room,I wouldn't feel comfortable with that set up.Good pickup newcruiser

I saw that as well.. we have two interiors side by side and they open to an inside hall. At one point before sticker shock hit I thought I'd get a balcony and have the kids right across from me. Glad I went this way,, just makes me feel better knowing I'm only steps away from them.

Looks like on the deck plans it is on deck 16 around the water slides and rock climbing wall. There was a video on float out day that showed the rock wall.

yup, deck 16. Looks pretty small.

Deck_16.gif

Archived