Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Hey Folks,

maybe this site could be interesting for you!

http://www.cruisetricks.de/norwegian-breakaway-erste-eindruecke-und-bilder/

on this german page you could see some pics of the inside of the brand new breakaway ;) Also a few statements to these ship areas, maybe you have to use google translation...

Hope could help you with this link, i will be on the breakaway from Rotterdam to Southhampton 28th April to 29th.

Greetings from Germany

Rene

Hey Folks,

on this german page you could see some pics of the inside of the brand new breakaway ;) Also a few statements to these ship areas, maybe you have to use google translation...

Hope could help you with this link, i will be on the breakaway from Rotterdam to Southhampton 28th April to 29th.

Greetings from Germany

Rene

Thank you Rene! I had not seen all of those before.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned

New Entertainment for Norwegian Getaway

ON 13 MARCH 2013.

Norwegian Getaway will bring the excitement and allure of the Magic City to sea when she arrives in Miami in February 2014. At Cruise Shipping Miami today, Norwegian Cruise Line announced an all-new dining and entertainment experience, The Illusionarium. A first of its kind at sea, The Illusionarium will envelope guests in the fascinating world of magic, inviting them to experience the astonishing illusions of world-class magicians and supernatural special effects.

“I am so excited about this new magical experience that will come to life aboard Norwegian Getaway,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “The Illusionarium will be an experience unlike anything at sea today and take adults and children alike on a journey into the mystical world of magic. This is so perfect for the ship that will embody the vibe of the Magic City.”

The new experience is the result of a first of its kind collaboration between Norwegian’s groundbreaking entertainment team and Broadway director/choreographer Patricia Wilcox, Tony Award winning scenic designer David Gallo and veteran magician Jeff Hobson. The show’s design is inspired by the science fiction of Jules Verne, the artistry of legendary magicians such as Houdini and the popularity of recent blockbusters featuring supernatural characters.

As guests wait to enter the portal of The Illusionarium, they will be surrounded by antique spell books, magical interactive artifacts and relics in a steampunk-inspired environment. The centerpiece of the Illusionarium is a 30’ diameter video dome that will transport audiences to mystical places.

The Illusionarium will offer 12 performances per cruise, two shows per night.

info from http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8854-new-entertainment-for-norwegian-getaway.html

Wonder what the Breakaway will offer

I'm back after a few hours catch up sleep...... had I thought about youtube as well as the dedicated screenshot posters on this thread I could have slept last night. Thanks to Curtis for posting the two new youtube videos. The maker of the 2nd video posted above did another ....

ON 13 MARCH 2013.

Norwegian Getaway will bring the excitement and allure of the Magic City to sea when she arrives in Miami in February 2014. At Cruise Shipping Miami today, Norwegian Cruise Line announced an all-new dining and entertainment experience, The Illusionarium. A first of its kind at sea, The Illusionarium will envelope guests in the fascinating world of magic, inviting them to experience the astonishing illusions of world-class magicians and supernatural special effects.

“I am so excited about this new magical experience that will come to life aboard Norwegian Getaway,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “The Illusionarium will be an experience unlike anything at sea today and take adults and children alike on a journey into the mystical world of magic. This is so perfect for the ship that will embody the vibe of the Magic City.”

The new experience is the result of a first of its kind collaboration between Norwegian’s groundbreaking entertainment team and Broadway director/choreographer Patricia Wilcox, Tony Award winning scenic designer David Gallo and veteran magician Jeff Hobson. The show’s design is inspired by the science fiction of Jules Verne, the artistry of legendary magicians such as Houdini and the popularity of recent blockbusters featuring supernatural characters.

As guests wait to enter the portal of The Illusionarium, they will be surrounded by antique spell books, magical interactive artifacts and relics in a steampunk-inspired environment. The centerpiece of the Illusionarium is a 30’ diameter video dome that will transport audiences to mystical places.

info from http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8854-new-entertainment-for-norwegian-getaway.html

Yep...sticky already but we always like to hear about any ships. Thanks for posting though.:):D

Different deck plan / view question. Thinking about a category 01 Family OV stateroom on either Breakaway or Getaway. They are on deck 5. Description shows "with large picture window" but my question is what is the view from the large picture window.

Looking at the outside of the ship where would these staterooms be? Would the "large picture window" look onto a corridor that then had a smaller opening to the outside?

Different deck plan / view question. Thinking about a category 01 Family OV stateroom on either Breakaway or Getaway. They are on deck 5. Description shows "with large picture window" but my question is what is the view from the large picture window.

Looking at the outside of the ship where would these staterooms be? Would the "large picture window" look onto a corridor that then had a smaller opening to the outside?

If you look at the side of the ships, directly below the lifeboats there is a row of large windows, with a row of smaller windows below that. The smaller windows are deck 5 OVs.

View should be good with no obstructions.

My thanks to all of you who took your time and your skill to post all of these awesome pictures of our new girl 'The Breakaway'! She seemed to be moving with style, grace and class. The pictures are all beautiful! :)

I'd like to buy each of you a celebratory cocktail!!:D

ON 13 MARCH 2013.

Jeff Hobson's show was a lot of fun so I am very pleased to hear that he helped collaborate on the project.

Hey Folks,

Greetings from Germany

Rene

awesome thanks

So, did somebody say there might be webcams at other locations where we might be able to see the ship during conveyance? Also, does anyone know if webcams exist at Eemshaven?

Well it's middle of the night and she's just passing the Ems barrier and so will be at Eemshaven by first light in 6hrs time.

There are some webcams of the dock areas..

Try ths for a starter http://eemshaven.blogspot.co.uk/p/webcam-van-havens.html

ON 13 MARCH 2013.

Great another reason for me to get on Getaway, lol.

Hey Folks,

Greetings from Germany

Rene

Thank You!!! Wonderful pictures, Rene!

Archived