Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Is the NCL Breakaway taller than the Epic, or is this just an illusion?

As I asked months ago, I wonder how much clearance there will be, going under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, NYC ?

Those pics are probably not the same scale they have very similar beams(width)

also the back to help line up(high decks are at the front)

spice H2O, breakaway is deck 16, Epic is deck 15

6 accomodation decks breakaway 9-14 epic 8-13

Thanks to FreestyleNovice for posting the link to the fotocommunity.de pictures - certainly some nice Breakaway photos there :)

HELP!!

Am I the only having trouble finding pictures at the fotocommunity site? The link takes me there but where do I go once I get there? I don't speak German (I think that is the language there) and I cannot figure out where to go to find Breakaway pics.

Thanks for any help.

HELP!!

Am I the only having trouble finding pictures at the fotocommunity site? The link takes me there but where do I go once I get there? I don't speak German (I think that is the language there) and I cannot figure out where to go to find Breakaway pics.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.fotocommunity.de/search?q=Breakaway&index=fotos&options=YToyOntzOjU6InN0YXJ0IjtpOjA7czo0OiJ5ZWFyIjtzOjQ6IjIwMTMiO30&sortby=datetime

(That was the link posted by FreestyleNovice.)

Am I alone? I like the Breakaway better.:o:eek::o

Overall I think the Breakaway is a prettier ship then the Epic. I think I will like the bathrooms better on the Breakaway instead of the open style that the Epic has.....but that's another story...lol

Ok, I will come forward as one of the people who asked Gambee to find my cabin, I did not see any "rules" to what questions can be asked. Cruisecritic already has mediators. So, I am sure we do not need extra thread police. I personally think it is an annoyance for people to suggest what can, and cannot be asked here. Honestly, this is what a thread is a host of questions, information, pictures, ideas. If anyone feels the need to step away because, people are asking questions they don't like by all means step away. Now if Gambee has a problem with locating cabins. Please Gambee let us know.

Raindrops keep falling on my head !!!!!!!:D

It was tricky getting scale accurate but I think it's close anyway next up I'm going to compare bow to bow on breakaway & epic as soon as I have time to mess with it:)

WE will be on the TransAtlantic May 7th, when the Breakaway sails under the Bridge.

I will be on one of the top decks with camera.... hmmm; just in case, maybe not on the VERY TOP deck.:D

WE will be on the TransAtlantic May 7th, when the Breakaway sails under the Bridge.

I will be on one of the top decks with camera.... hmmm; just in case, maybe not on the VERY TOP deck.:D

LOL Your comment reminded me of a time where I saw a tractor-trailer loaded with brand new cars from the factory try to go underneath a railroad bridge that had a clearance of say 17 feet. The tops of the cars must have been about 19 feet as they all instantly became convertibles! :) (totaled before they were even unloaded)

Ok...we don't leave til the 26th and some later so if possible please post to us...

OMG!!!I just realized it will be the first time...get ready to duck just incase...lol

Screenshot2013-03-26at62622PM.png

I think they updated the deck plans on NCL.com. It now looks like I can't access my room in the traditional way I am used to but will have scoot all the way around the starboard side of the ship to access my inside stateroom, 10443, via the interior corridor. Unless I can truck through the studios. Little disappointed considering my friends are just up the hall in 10188.

Screenshot2013-03-26at62622PM.png

I think they updated the deck plans on NCL.com. It now looks like I can't access my room in the traditional way I am used to but will have scoot all the way around the starboard side of the ship to access my inside stateroom, 10443, via the interior corridor. Unless I can truck through the studios. Little disappointed considering my friends are just up the hall in 10188.

I had heard in other posts this was the way it would be but this is the first I've seen it on the ships plans. Their brochure and site didn't show this.

I had also heard that some insides weren't directly across from some balconies, which isn't good for those families who book one across from each other - you can't access them without going around to the interior corridor.

I would double check if I had booked a balcony/inside combination.

I had heard in other posts this was the way it would be but this is the first I've seen it on the ships plans. Their brochure and site didn't show this.

Today is the first I have seen of this on their deck plans. I guess you could say it is our Breakaway news of the day... Updated deck plans... LOL

Today is the first I have seen of this on their deck plans. I guess you could say it is our Breakaway news of the day... Updated deck plans... LOL

They have been like this for a while I was cross checking some info last week and they were like this

The Epic aft looks better than the Breakaway....looks as though the view straight down to the water is also better on the Epic aft balconies too. Oh well...

i have to agree with you a little on that. I keep looking back and forth at the 2 pictures and notice no one has mentioned one aspect of the epic compared to the breakaway, the epic looks more "solid" and strong in the rear, while the Breakaway.. well it looks a little fragile in the back, and the boardwalk wrap a round (is that what that is) I think I will be nervous to be out there. Unless that is not what im seeing on the back of the ship. The breakaway looks beautiful on the back, just not as strong as the epic. Well, im on the 9/22 sailing, so we will see !! ;)

Yes, as I recall it was $19 or $20 each, which included 2 drinks per person. We really did have a good time and stayed over the 45 minute limit -- no one asked us to leave! We may just have to do it again.:D

We were on the Epic and went to the Ice Bar...we loved it and I am from MN! It was great fun with the other bar patrons and was not at all about 'being cold'. Outside in the winter in MN is not the same thing at all compared to the Ice Bar on a cruise ship.:D

Archived