Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Thanks so all who post on this thread. I look for updates day and night and just want to thank you to all that do the bulk of the information posting.

I also love the daily countdown. I don't have FB so love seeing each day's new countdown.

I greatly appreciate it.

I am picture starved and can't wait to start seeing some more information!

Just booked our first excursion! Jet skiing for the four of us!

On the Breakaway in June. 1st time sailing out of NYC. Which airport is closest to the cruise port?

Any suggestions about hotels to stay the night before the cruise?

Recommendations for transport from the airport to the cruise port?

Thanks!

On the Breakaway in June. 1st time sailing out of NYC. Which airport is closest to the cruise port?

Thanks!

Hey GG - I recognized your name! Too bad you're not sailing in October - you could see round 2 with my brother doing the not-so-newlywed game! Copper and his wife are sailing with us. LOL! We live in NY so no idea about where to stay - the East Coast Departure board may have good info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Our party of 6 just booked our cruise on the Breakaway on July 11th. We are super excited about, plus none of us have ever been to NYC so we're spending a few days prior to the cruise in the city.

The only thing that bothered me was how expensive the rooms were. I just paid more for an interior room on the Breakaway than I paid for a balcony room on the Allure of the Seas 2 years ago.

Our party of 6 just booked our cruise on the Breakaway on July 11th. We are super excited about, plus none of us have ever been to NYC so we're spending a few days prior to the cruise in the city.

The only thing that bothered me was how expensive the rooms were. I just paid more for an interior room on the Breakaway than I paid for a balcony room on the Allure of the Seas 2 years ago.

The ship is selling at a premium right now, we are hoping that it measures up to those prices!

I believe Getaway is even more expensive :eek:

The ship is selling at a premium right now, we are hoping that it measures up to those prices!

I believe Getaway is even more expensive :eek:

Have the rooms on the Breakaway been this expenisve from the start or did we just wait to late to book it and paid to much?

Have the rooms on the Breakaway been this expenisve from the start or did we just wait to late to book it and paid to much?

If you really want to know, I have a list (hard copy) of rates from Feb.19, 2012

What cabin category/type ?

Thanks!

We're flying into LGA and staying at the Marriott Marquis. It's not cheap, but the location is good.

We haven't decided on transportation yet, but Dial7 has gotten good reviews on the East Coast Departures board.

Hope this helps :)

We are staying in the comfort inn that just opened up by the port. Great location, not a cheap hotel but reasonable for NY standards. I think we are flying into LGA can't recall, I'll have to look into that.

Thinking of leaving from Wilmington, DE taking the GoToBus to NY 34 W 31st St station. My understanding is that it's not that far from the Manhattan cruise terminal. It's about a 2 hour and 15 min. bus ride. I'm guessing there are taxi's at the bus station to take to the terminal? Am also thinking of leaving early in the morning to get the NY by 10 a.m. or so. It's just so much more reasonable to do this way then to spend $35.00 a day for parking if we drive since it's just the two of us. Anyone in the area have any other suggestions, thoughts, etc.?

Harriet

Well - we have just got an invite to tour the Breakaway whilst it is in Southampton! :D

Wander round the ship and lunch for £25 - redeemable against a booking within a year.

We shall be photographing everything - any suggestions as to what people want piccies of - please post. (e.g. power points in cabins; coffee machines; menus; etc.).

Would love photos of the S6 and S7 haven penthouse cabins - forward and aft. There are no floor plans on NCL website and keen to see what the layout is like, especially 12904 (our cabin).

We are staying at the Millenium Hilton right across from the World Trade Center complex. We are fortunate to have enough to be able to use comp points to reduce the financial cost.

This is a big deal for me because I am a survivor of 9/11 from the south tower. I know that it will be tough emotionally, but it is something I want/need to do. I am also lookig forward to seeing the memorial cobblestone I purchased for the 9/11 Memorial.

I might have missed it but have there been any photos or information about the cabin bathroom doors?

I still vividly remember Epic's transparent ones - ended up very constipated!

Sailing in 17 days! About time to start thinking about packing! :)

Hi...these are regular bathrooms with real doors..like on normal ships. I've been on Epic...loved it except for the bathrooms...lol

We are staying at the Millenium Hilton right across from the World Trade Center complex. We are fortunate to have enough to be able to use comp points to reduce the financial cost.

This is a big deal for me because I am a survivor of 9/11 from the south tower. I know that it will be tough emotionally, but it is something I want/need to do. I am also lookig forward to seeing the memorial cobblestone I purchased for the 9/11 Memorial.

Robert - wow. Just wow. We visited the memorial in October. It's amazing you can be in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city and it's so solemn and quiet. I had a few people's names I needed to see. I'm so glad we finally went. I felt awkward taking the pictures of the names, but I needed to have them (one for my best friend and her husband. He worked at Marsh and lost all his co-workers. He worked from home that day). IN any case, I hope you get out of it what you need to. It's an amazing tribute.

Well - we have just got an invite to tour the Breakaway whilst it is in Southampton! :D

Wander round the ship and lunch for £25 - redeemable against a booking within a year.

We shall be photographing everything - any suggestions as to what people want piccies of - please post. (e.g. power points in cabins; coffee machines; menus; etc.).

How exciting, hope you enjoy every minute!

If it's possible to get a pic of a family balcony that has the bed next to the balcony and the sofa towards the entrance door I would be forever grateful.

We are in a forward family balcony on deck 12, would love to know the size of the sofa, we might want to take our niece with us if it's a good size.

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful tour and lunch.:)

graphicguy - You might want to look at the Skyline Hotel, 10th Ave. & 49th Street. It even has an indoor pool.

We stayed there in January, 2011 because a major snowstorm was coming to N.Y. the night before we were to embark on the Jewel. The snowstorm did come, and we were delighted to be just a few blocks from the ship.

Robert - I walk through there to the path station every day. The new tower is almost finished and looks great. I'll try to post a picture. I take them from time to time when passing by. Unfortunately, I think the memorial is currently closed since Hurricane Sandy. It was flooded and I don't think it has still reopened.

Thinking of leaving from Wilmington, DE taking the GoToBus to NY 34 W 31st St station. My understanding is that it's not that far from the Manhattan cruise terminal. It's about a 2 hour and 15 min. bus ride. I'm guessing there are taxi's at the bus station to take to the terminal? Am also thinking of leaving early in the morning to get the NY by 10 a.m. or so. It's just so much more reasonable to do this way then to spend $35.00 a day for parking if we drive since it's just the two of us. Anyone in the area have any other suggestions, thoughts, etc.?

Harriet

You may want to consider the Megabus that leaves from Newark, DE. The GoToBus (some call it the Chinese Bus -- google it to read reviews) is cheap, but I found it was an experience I would not want to have again. In New York the first stop before Chinatown is opposite Macy's and near Footlocker, they drop off at the curb. I was able to flag a taxi for the short trip to the pier. I did this because I was looking for an inexpensive option on a cruise I was taking solo. Hubby and I will be driving to New York for the Breakaway and paying to park. There is no way he would do it after I described my experience and he saw the "station" in Wilmington where he dropped me off.

When I read this it gave me the chills. Everyone remembers that day and where they were. Bless you.

Archived