Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Any New Yorkers have an opinion about these hotels?

Cab to the pier?

Club Quarters World Trade Center

140 Washington St New York, NY, 10006 United States

Pod 51

230 E 51st St New York, NY, 10022 United States

Hotel Newton

2528 Broadway New York, NY, 10025 United States

Americana Inn

69 W 38th St New York, NY, 10018 United States

Many thanks for the help.

My husband and I are planning on driving from Baltimore to NYC and parking in the cruise terminal lot for our cruise June 2-9. Anyone interested in riding along and sharing costs? I'm still looking into alternatives, but so far this is what we plan to do. I will also post this on the Roll Call board.

The Breakway discription says it has 2 pools. Are they like the Epic - tiny things with a square cut out in the middle? :o

I kinda want to hang out in the kids area with the spong bob squirty things LOL

What? :p You won't be on one of the free fall slides where the floor disappears and drops you down the chute?!?! :eek:

My husband and I are planning on driving from Baltimore to NYC and parking in the cruise terminal lot for our cruise June 2-9. Anyone interested in riding along and sharing costs? I'm still looking into alternatives, but so far this is what we plan to do. I will also post this on the Roll Call board.

I'm taking Amtrak from Baltimore to NYC and got a great deal, under $190 for two people round trip. I don't know if you've considered taking the train but I thought I'd mention it :)

The Breakway discription says it has 2 pools. Are they like the Epic - tiny things with a square cut out in the middle? :o

I kinda want to hang out in the kids area with the spong bob squirty things LOL

These look like the 2 pools: (???)

croppedimage420260-1024x768-nclBrkwyAquaParkMainPool.jpg

this appears to be the main pool

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxIkeuEA0nFe7UKtAqk_wTrf0KKNwXbaxTVmMF9qJnkNZonG6wQQ

looks like there's a pool next to the kiddie splash area, near the slides

That's strange. I'll have to call them again. The trains say 'no check in' and when I called they said that my large suitcase was to big and it needed to be the med. size bags.

Harriet

My train from Baltimore to Penn Station says the same thing, no checked baggage service, however my train from Penn Station back to Baltimore does have checked baggage.

The website says: Each passenger can have a total of 2 carry-on bags, each not to exceed 50 lbs. (23 kg), 28 x 22 x 14 inches (700 x 550 x 350 millimeters).

But for the lucky checked baggage people: Each passenger can check up to 4 bags - 2 free of charge and 2 for $20 per bag, each not to exceed 50 lbs. (23 kg), 75 linear inches (length + width + height).

I guess I need to get out my measuring tape!!!

We travel by Amtrak for all of our NY cruises, and the only issue with the luggage is that you have to haul it. Our route (Syracuse to NY) does not have checked bags, so we bring our regular suitcases, but we need to put it on the rack ourselves, get it on the train, etc.

Just booked 13304 today for Sept. Loved reading through all the posts and it helped me figure out which one to book especially the post that explains how to figure out if bed is near balconty or not. THANKS, love this place

We travel by Amtrak for all of our NY cruises, and the only issue with the luggage is that you have to haul it. Our route (Syracuse to NY) does not have checked bags, so we bring our regular suitcases, but we need to put it on the rack ourselves, get it on the train, etc.

Good to know! Were you able to take larger luggage? I'm an overpacker!

I know I'm probably repeating myself but I wanted to use the largest suitcase that came with my three piece set. I thought they told me that I couldn't bring the large one and should bring the two middle sized ones. Did you bring the large suitcase? I'd hate to get to the train station and then find out I can't take my suitcase! LOL

Thanks!

Harriet

My train from Baltimore to Penn Station says the same thing, no checked baggage service, however my train from Penn Station back to Baltimore does have checked baggage.

The website says: Each passenger can have a total of 2 carry-on bags, each not to exceed 50 lbs. (23 kg), 28 x 22 x 14 inches (700 x 550 x 350 millimeters).

But for the lucky checked baggage people: Each passenger can check up to 4 bags - 2 free of charge and 2 for $20 per bag, each not to exceed 50 lbs. (23 kg), 75 linear inches (length + width + height).

I guess I need to get out my measuring tape!!!

Okay, just measured mine. My bag is 28" tall. HOWEVER, if I measure from the floor to the top of the bag it's 30" tall. That's because of the wheels. So, do they count the wheels or just the bag??

Harriet

Who knows she's being a PITA about this!

Hi- I am on the Breakaway (solo) T/A from Southampton to NYC. I will then be traveling to Canada from JFK on the same day she arrives NYC.

I would be grateful if someone could advise the cost to take a cab from the terminal (that is if you can get one) to JFK, or are there any other options.

Thanks.

wrcbhd.jpg

© Fotocommunity.de Tizionelli

Shuffleboard game on the foreward lifeboat deck, safe to state that the lifeboatdeck below the waterfront will also be accesible for us.

It already was visible on the aerial pic from the seatrials if you knew where you're looking at:

Norwegian-Breakaway-Successfully-Completes-Sea-Trials.jpg

My guess is that the lifeboat deck will have a potential secret or best spot, all the way down aft, after the last lifeboat in the "alcoves". Since it probably will be a dead end and away from the busy waterfront and closer to the water it will make nice spot to enjoy the sea/view a bit more quiet.

8515881257_04a42f5aed_c.jpg

Hi- I am on the Breakaway (solo) T/A from Southampton to NYC. I will then be traveling to Canada from JFK on the same day she arrives NYC.

I would be grateful if someone could advise the cost to take a cab from the terminal (that is if you can get one) to JFK, or are there any other options.

Thanks.

We cruised from/to NYC this past January. No problem getting a cab. There were 4 of us sharing, and cost $100 for the group. Usually, since it is a turnaround, plenty of cabs empty after dropping off passengers. We debarked nearly last in Jan., so earlier could be more problematic. Check your roll call to see who wants to share a cab.

Just booked 13304 today for Sept. Loved reading through all the posts and it helped me figure out which one to book especially the post that explains how to figure out if bed is near balconty or not. THANKS, love this place

we are a deck below you in the back of the ship in November, super excited! :D

How can you tell if the bed is near the balcony? I can't find that post. Thank you!

I will be in that cabin in just over 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

You're welcome :) If you're a coffee person there is a Juan Valdez Cafe within walking distance. My husband was in love, lol!

Also M&M World and a giant Toy's R Us (it has a ferris wheel inside!) is up the street.

My son will be in heaven!! lol!

We live right by LGA, and do not like Dial7 for many reasons including pricing, reliability, and customer service. Try Four Two's Car Service 718 746 2222. They are a local company that we have used for over 30 years, without a problem. However you arrive at the ship, arrive safely and ENJOY!!:) We will be arriving at the Breakaway in a Four Two's car. So hard waiting ... and waiting....for our cruise We CAN'T wait!!! ENJOY:D

Thanks for that tip! I'll definitely give them a call.

Archived