Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Re deck plan update, there is still a big "to come" area on deck 14. And the S7 descriptions are still unclear, with depictions that don't seem to match the exterior photos, and don't comport with the architectural drawings that have been posted.

For those who care, here is the S7 thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1777842

Re deck plan update, there is still a big "to come" area on deck 14.

The deck plan I have in the dedicated BREAKAWAY brochure doesn't show any "to come" areas. Forward on Deck 14 in the interior is part of the Spa. I think this may have originally stated "to come" but now it just says "Spa".

I am curious where the Ice Bar will be located. I can't find it anywhere on the deck plan??

It was tricky getting scale accurate but I think it's close anyway next up I'm going to compare bow to bow on breakaway & epic as soon as I have time to mess with it:)

Gambee! Have you changed your profile? I thought you were cruising this week?;)

WE will be on the TransAtlantic May 7th, when the Breakaway sails under the Bridge.

I will be on one of the top decks with camera.... hmmm; just in case, maybe not on the VERY TOP deck.:D

Curious to know. Has anyone on the TransAtlantic been able to book your specialty restaurants yet. I'll be on the 5/19 cruise and we should be able to book next week.

Does anyone know if there is an outdoor breakfast area similar to the "great outdoors" on the Jewel and Gem?

The deck plan shows an "open-air Garden Cafe" seating area just forward of the indoor Garden Cafe. Unfortunately it's not aft with views of the wake. While it's called "open-air" and may technically be outside, it does appear to be completely closed in by the deck above and glass windows to the side.

Long story short, I don't think you will be able to sit out in the sun and eat unless you take your food a deck above to Spice H2O or forward by the main pool.

Curious to know. Has anyone on the TransAtlantic been able to book your specialty restaurants yet. I'll be on the 5/19 cruise and we should be able to book next week.

No, apparently we aren't going to be able to prebook restaurants.

My understanding is that it is just the TA which won't be able to, so you may well be able to next week.

Do you think room #8736 is smaller than the other M6 rooms? It seems like you lose that whole corner due to the slant, but was trying to figure out if it's wider? or do you lose space on the balcony?

It's the only M6 room left for the 5/12 sailing and hubby was thinking he may like to try a room with the bigger balcony.

Btw, this is a great thread! thanks to everyone for posting the great pics! it's because of this thread that we're trying to now book on this cruise :)

thanks!

Gambee! Have you changed your profile? I thought you were cruising this week?;)

That cracked me up :D just trying to post a few pics since not much new:Di I did appreciate the new deck plans that were posted thanks

I know this pic of breakaway & epic are not at same exact angle but couldn't find anything closer . at least we can see what a dramatic change has been made .

8594496562_a27a077e33_c.jpg

. by MoNeart, on Flickr

When I saw this picture I just had to bow.

I think the Breakaway is much nicer in "profile", but I kinda like the butt on the Epic;).

i agree. Breakaway looks a little odd from the back. i do think she has a much more streamlined profile than the EPIC, obviously. the more i think about it, and i'm sure this has been said before, i dont know how crazy i am about being on a ship called "Breakaway". (let's hope she stays in one piece, lol).

Having been on the Epic three times (so far), we've always enjoyed the Courtyard within the Haven. Most of it is open to the sky. Looking at the pictures of the Breakaway, it looks like the entire Courtyard is covered by a glass canopy. Is this true?

I understand that Breakaway will be often cruising in cooler NYC temperatures, but I'm hopeful that the entire Courtyard is not covered.

Thanks.

I know this pic of breakaway & epic are not at same exact angle but couldn't find anything closer . at least we can see what a dramatic change has been made .

8594496562_a27a077e33_c.jpg

. by MoNeart, on Flickr

Thanks for the pics. Could someone tell me what are the forward decks/balconies on the epic. Are they for cabins?

Having been on the Epic three times (so far), we've always enjoyed the Courtyard within the Haven. Most of it is open to the sky. Looking at the pictures of the Breakaway, it looks like the entire Courtyard is covered by a glass canopy. Is this true?

I understand that Breakaway will be often cruising in cooler NYC temperatures, but I'm hopeful that the entire Courtyard is not covered.

Thanks.

Retractable roof (similar to Jewel class Havens).

No, apparently we aren't going to be able to prebook restaurants.

My understanding is that it is just the TA which won't be able to, so you may well be able to next week.

Then, that would mean that the first cruise to Bermuda on 5/12 I'll be able to book tomorrow, Thursday, March 28th. Anyone on that cruise with input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The Breakaway has a retractable glass ceiling so when we cruise out in winter no worries then it open up for warm air . Perfect for a NYC port:D

Archived