Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Aside from the balconies the only other thing that I think is a little disappointing is the theatre. I much prefer the jewel class ones with the balconies. It allowed a little more freedom to come in late or leave early if your bored without disrupting anyone.

Hey don't hesitate to ask your steward for a lounger, because that's exactly what we're going to do day one. Plus I'm probably bringing a hammock :cool:

It's been my experience that some stewards are much more creative and enterprising than others, so I hope we get a good one.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your balcony with whatever you and your steward can manage to find; I'm visualizing loungers, tables, hammocks, cushions, carpets, canopies, palm trees ....... :D

Here are the hammocks in the front of the ship, if I am correct they are open for the enjoyment of everyone. If you're lucky enough to get one that is :D

DSC05617_zpsf79e5bd7.jpg:original

Correct. :)

We boarded quite late with the longest cue and wait ever (thumbs down Cruiseterminal Rotterdam!) so hadn't much time to post but saw others reporting so we hoped you had your daily fix of Break. ;)

If you allow me, I'll use this as a first report:

One night is by far to short to make up your mind but here are some notes I took during the cruise that might be useful. Very personal opinion and views included. YMMV

- The "new " Bliss is awesome. I love the design and the music sounded powerful, although I am no expert at that.

None left of the original Bliss look and feel, smaller, less appealing but still the place to be after midnight. :)

- Le Bistro terrace inside and lots of the specialty dining outside areas are probably not optimal for a quiet dinner. Lots of people walking by, standing around, taking pictures.

Totally agree, did saw more tables for two and wider apart then first reported by others (on the left, inside).

- I had dinner in Savor, nice decor and a great table at an elevated platform for two at the far end. It was a very intimate and relaxing atmosphere and a fabulous service. I think splitting up Taste and Savor was a nice idea and make both places not so big, loud and hectic.

We've experienced some things differently with the service in Savor, embarkation lunch was slow, dirty silverware from starter was put back on the table for entree by waiter, sparkling wine got served in large wineglasses,etc. Could be startup.

- The layout and design of the Garden Cafe is stunning. So light and joyful. It has no cafeteria atmosphere at all.

Dito. Felt and looked exactly like Epic.

- Below the waterfront outside on deck 7 are nice places to watch the sea when you walk past the life boats to the end.

- The waterfront is still great but the position of the lifeboats really s***. Guess we should be happy that they have lifeboats but even when sitting down there they are still very visible.

Deck 7 is great for a walk. Both ends are dead ends, only deckgames on the forward part.

Waterfront vs lifeboats. Didn't bothered us when sitting down in Shakers on the inside, did bother when walking the Waterfront but not a dealbreaker for anyone I think (or hope :)).

- H2O looks smaller as well and has lost the several levels with loungers. Probably have to wait for sunny days to see how that works out. The water falls look refreshing.

Epic beats Breakaway by far with Spice, downgraded. No appetizers of buffet, just a few loungers and seats. Jaccuzi's should have been on the sides for a view. Waterfall and shower are nice.

With the forward sundeck on 17 (with public Sundeck Bar near entrance of Vibe), the hammocks, the beds and padded loungers Spice H20 seems to be more like a 2nd pooldeck party place without a pool. Not sure how that will work out.

- After trying to see everything in a short time there is a good chance your feet and legs hurt like mine now. The distances and stairs add up over time.

So true!! :)

Really? I would mark them as top. Arrived few minutes before 11am. First document check outside no cue, security four people in front. Downstairs gave bag to porter before going to the second level, more than happy how smooth all of it was working but then turning around and already seeing what looked like a few hundreds of people with luggage already waiting.

Guess it is hard for them to perform better when everyone arrives long time before embarkation. But the cue for check in moved fast and everyone from the port I talked to was friendly and reassured that my gave up bags will be on board as I was worried as everyone else still was dragging them.

No complaints here.

Hm. :(

Total took us 1.5 hour from sidewalk tot gangway. Have had better experience. But oh well. :)

It's been my experience that some stewards are much more creative and enterprising than others, so I hope we get a good one.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your balcony with whatever you and your steward can manage to find; I'm visualizing loungers, tables, hammocks, cushions, carpets, canopies, palm trees ....... :D

Heck yeah, maybe pack 2 or 3 of these to add to the setup, lol:

NV1239.jpg

@Gambee, sorry no price for the ship model. Stood around with it in my hands, felt very lightweight and detail level wasn't very good, but no shop employee around to ask for a price, no tags or signing anywhere.

Thanks for trying, I'll have to look into once I board. They do lack detail I noticed that on the Allure one.

Whoa, eh, wouldn't know haha, appaered to me as a lacquered floor.

The bowling at the Epic had normal sized bowling balls right? This one had small watermelon sized ones.

Looks to me as well like a shiny lacquered floor in the photo.

Also, with regard to Andreas' photos of the Spigel Tent, I wonder if perhaps the half-round seats are the "premium" seats? Can anybody chime in on this who might know? (the photo is huuuuge, so here's the direct link: http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2013_04_break_panos1/www0351_stitch.jpg)

Whoa, eh, wouldn't know haha, appaered to me as a lacquered floor.

The bowling at the Epic had normal sized bowling balls right? This one had small watermelon sized ones.

There's watermelons, and then there's WATERMELONS! :D

Thanks though - this does answer my questions!!

Tom

Looks to me as well like a shiny lacquered floor in the photo.

Also, with regard to Andreas' photos of the Spigel Tent, I wonder if perhaps the half-round seats are the "premium" seats? Can anybody chime in on this who might know? (the photo is huuuuge, so here's the direct link: http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2013_04_break_panos1/www0351_stitch.jpg)

I would guess these are Standard seats, as they are on the Epic. They are in the rear of the floor (surrounding the other tables), so a longer view to the action.

Robin

In short a quick overview;

- Waterfront is a big winner, didn't seemed to small to me but would have to see in Carribean sunny days. Only the passages are a bit smaller. On sailaway the aft was crowded because we went out reversed the first part, also deck 7 should be a good alternative and with Spice H20 being so open I think the Waterfront would be okay, could be overcrowded but which popular part of a ship isn't on sailaway with good weather? :)

- O'Sheehans, laaarge, nice. No soda service during the night?

- Bar 21, matches the Cascades Bar from the Epic.

- Savor, great addition. More initimate.

- Le Bistro, who would be sitting outside with all passing by, taking pictures, looking at your plate for a surcharge?! NCL should scrap the outside seats. I even saw a table for two next to the entrance/cue of Tepanyaki, on the ohter side the inside seemed nice and comfortable.

- Forward sun deck on 17 is great with the hammocks, padded loungers and clamshells, Sundeck Bar nearby. Would not buy a Vibe pass for sure!

- Rope Course looked insane, much better than bumpercars or a telescopic pod. Nice job NCL!

- Bliss, downgraded. Missing the unique atmosphere from Epic (the beds, the style, furniture).

- Elevators were good and getting around was easy.

- Main pooldeck had a good layout, 2 pools splitted for a less crowded feeling on the seadays!

I would guess these are Standard seats, as they are on the Epic. They are in the rear of the floor (surrounding the other tables), so a longer view to the action.

Robin

Ok I kinda figured. Which leads me to my next question...are those large table configurations going to stay that way, or would they be setting them up based on the size of the party?

@Gambee, sorry no price for the ship model. Stood around with it in my hands, felt very lightweight and detail level wasn't very good, but no shop employee around to ask for a price, no tags or signing anywhere.

$60. Ouch. Feels cheap too compared to The Epic model which felt solid.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93640594@N02/

Added some pictures, disabled aft balcony 12910 (and one of the neighbouring balcony, shot around the divider, 12310?).

Also take notice; inside 12681 is listed as interconnecting with 12683 but isn't and is with 12677! Don't know if that's with every inside but worth a double check!

Archived