Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Pardon me if this has been posted in this thread, but does anyone have any insight into whether the dividers on the large M6 balconies (seen below just above the sun in the hull art) are actually just made of clear glass, as that rendering would seem to indicate? Because if so then they can hardly consider it a "private" balcony. And even the most recent construction photos only week to show a white frame that is likely meant to hold such glass dividers, as seen here

pg39_1.jpg

In the photograph at post #599, I can see floor-ceiling white separator walls (or at least I think I can... :) )

In the photograph at post #599, I can see floor-ceiling white separator walls (or at least I think I can... :) )

Went back and looked at #599 and the here photo in joeski27's post and they both look like metal frames to me. Could they really be putting glass in those frames? :eek:

I feel silly but I was wondering how everyone can tell how the cabins are set up? Is it by the renderings or am I missing something on the deck plans.

We have two inside mid ship (five of us) Three kids are in one and we are in the other... I know that they have a pull down so am I to assume that the beds would be facing the door?

thanks

Elaine

Glad you brought this up. I'm curious about these too.

Yeah we're strongly considering booking one of these for 5/19, and although the balcony itself is obviously huge, I'm not sure how we'd feel about the possibility of clear glass dividers. Would feel a little awkward, for example, eating breakfast out there in the morning. But then again, if it is nothing but clear glass, that might actually create more of a true panoramic view from your balcony, as opposed to a boxed in sort of scenario. Guess there would be a tradeoff in that case.

Went back and looked at #599 and the here photo in joeski27's post and they both look like metal frames to me. Could they really be putting glass in those frames? :eek:

Well when you look at those white frames (which to me look to be the glass-supporting frames) and then look at the exterior renderings (which show a heck of a lot of glass on those balconies and not much else) then I think that is the only conclusion one can draw. The only other possibility is that perhaps the inner half of the glass (closest to the cabin) will be frosted and the outer part clear.

That could be a possibility. I remember seeing a rendering of a balcony somewhere which appeared to show what looked like frosted glass on the balcony railing. I wondered about it at the time because I would think it would obscure your view of the sea while sitting down.

That could be a possibility. I remember seeing a rendering of a balcony somewhere which appeared to show what looked like frosted glass on the balcony railing. I wondered about it at the time because I would think it would obscure your view of the sea while sitting down.

Well in this case I'm quite sure that the railing glass would be frosted (and in all construction photos you can see clear glass on the railings) but in the case of these large M6 balconies, they are going to have to have some sort of privacy to them on the side panels, even if the frosting doesn't extend all the way to the railing. Otherwise it would be very easy for your neighbor, who is out on his/her balcony, to see no only right into your balcony but more importantly into your cabin ;)

Meyer Werft

WebCam - Hall 6

31-JAN-2013

2013_01_28_Halle_6_W466.jpg

"View into the covered building dock II (hall 6),

with the new cruise liner Norwegian Breakaway

for Norwegian Cruise Line under construction."

I wrote to Meyer Werft two weeks ago and asked them

for a better view of the NCL Breakaway.

No response

It looks like the aft theater is up :). The ship is looking very complete, I can't wait until they float her out and we can get a good view at her. I think Meyer is restricting view right now, maybe ncl asked for it. Hopefully they will post some pictures soon.

14767_10151533337396414_1467487842_n.jpg

One thing that I have been wondering is where the fireworks will launch from? and which part of the ship will be the place to see them? They say that the main party is in H2O so that makes me think that maybe they launch then from the back of the ship? but then they would be hard to view for people in other areas of the ship.

******EDIT********

Hey wait a minute... Did we just go from 90 to 80 days ???

14767_10151533337396414_1467487842_n.jpg

One thing that I have been wondering is where the fireworks will launch from? and which part of the ship will be the place to see them? They say that the main party is in H2O so that makes me think that maybe they launch then from the back of the ship? but then they would be hard to view for people in other areas of the ship.

******EDIT********

Hey wait a minute... Did we just go from 90 to 80 days ???

when did we go to 80 days

Very funny about the picture going up and then taken down.

Do you think the fireworks will be launched while docked in Bermuda?

I don't think so..I believe it is only one time per cruise and on the second last night..so therefore we would be at sea :)

And back to the conversation of the M6 cabins w/large balconies, I just found this image while searching for shots of the Getaway. This is the best shot so far that I've seen (close up) that shows the size difference of the standard, balcony, large balcony, and mini-suite w/large balcony (M6), in order of top to bottom. You can easily see the frames which will eventually hold the glass (partially frosted?) dividers on those lower balconies. :cool:

tumblr_mchuhnVOqP1rnyn6no1_500.jpg

Archived