Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I guess the forward facing penthouses are a big mystery. Clearly your PCC was wrong...no front balcony. The balcony has to be on the side, but my question is still unanswered...8 windows in front on each deck- 6 belong to oceanview cabins and 2 belong to the penthouses, but why doesnt the picture provided by NCL match that? Also are these suites quads or triples?:confused: Description reads quad...triangle denotes a triple on deck plan.

The aft facing penthouses are just as much of a mystery, too! I've also read that our room is for 3 pax (which we are) and also for 4 pax. Glad that doesn't affect us. :confused:

CLEARLY, you have no "front" balcony, as you also don't have the round window in the bathroom on the artist rendering. The side balcony is nicer to sit out on. Friends had the OS on the Gem, and had both front and side balconies, but used the side balcony more often, as it was a regular sliding door, not a bulkhead door and the wind didn't affect them. They also had more privacy on the side, the bridge was above their balcony in front and they felt like someone was always watching them. :eek:

I'm sure you will LOVE your forward penthouse, regardless of where windows and doorways are!!! But, I as well, can't wait for the mystery of the penthouse corners to be solved...front and/or aft!!

~Michele:D

The aft facing penthouses are just as much of a mystery, too! I've also read that our room is for 3 pax (which we are) and also for 4 pax. Glad that doesn't affect us. :confused:

CLEARLY, you have no "front" balcony, as you also don't have the round window in the bathroom on the artist rendering. The side balcony is nicer to sit out on. Friends had the OS on the Gem, and had both front and side balconies, but used the side balcony more often, as it was a regular sliding door, not a bulkhead door and the wind didn't affect them. They also had more privacy on the side, the bridge was above their balcony in front and they felt like someone was always watching them. :eek:

I'm sure you will LOVE your forward penthouse, regardless of where windows and doorways are!!! But, I as well, can't wait for the mystery of the penthouse corners to be solved...front and/or aft!!

~Michele:D

I am happy about the side balcony. The balconies look different on each deck. By looking at the ship I would say the lower deck the bigger the suite, but who knows? I have the higher deck because it is closer to the Haven. I am worried about the triple and quad situation. I have a quad booked and I hope NCL does the right thing if its their mistake and the forward penthouses turn out to be triples. I would gladly get an inside for my kids, but I don't want a Haven access problem.

We have had an Owners Suite on 3 of our NCL cruises and love the front balcony. We always choose deck 9 which is a little more private than deck 10. We certainly have made good use of that deck and that view. The best is relaxing on the lounge chairs at night with a direct view to the sky/stars while the ship is moving.

For the Breakaway, we will try the aft penthouse. Now we need more info!!

Looks like all is going really fast in building the Breakaway. It also looks the blocks of the Getaway are being build already at the left in the picture:

Coloured_zpsd7e0eb23.jpg

The Waterfront is visible in red rectangle, wider then the ship so we'll have a nice view over the water.

In de blue rectangle it look like one of the slides is installed already.

I guess the forward facing penthouses are a big mystery. Clearly your PCC was wrong...no front balcony. The balcony has to be on the side, but my question is still unanswered...8 windows in front on each deck- 6 belong to oceanview cabins and 2 belong to the penthouses, but why doesnt the picture provided by NCL match that? Also are these suites quads or triples?:confused: Description reads quad...triangle denotes a triple on deck plan.

It looks like the window in the Bathroom is missing compared to the renders. Based on the renders and pictures the floorplan will look like this:

ForwardFacingPenthouse_zps1e84adf5.jpg

Triple or quad isn't clear. All the deckplans say "sleeps up to three". In the text of the cabin it states: single sofa bed. But at the end it states "sleeps up to four". Better call NCL to get this clear.

It looks like the window in the Bathroom is missing compared to the renders. Based on the renders and pictures the floorplan will look like this:

ForwardFacingPenthouse_zps1e84adf5.jpg

Triple or quad isn't clear. All the deckplans say "sleeps up to three". In the text of the cabin it states: single sofa bed. But at the end it states "sleeps up to four". Better call NCL to get this clear.

Thank you for the layout. I see it clearer now. My TA has called and emailed NCL and they said it can sleep 4. If I see that there are issues when the first sailings occur I will handle then. If its not a quad it would be totally NCL's fault and I would hope they fix it without costing me anything especially since they were emailed and called.

Forward-Facing-Penthouse-STRM-WTH.jpg

This does...

Well there sure are no smaller windows on the front of the Breakaway. If you go to the breakaway stateroom pages the only picture of the bathroom is shot looking out to the bedroom. In fact the door looks out at the bed. Nothing like the above. 3rd picture that will scroll

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

Well there sure are no smaller windows on the front of the Breakaway. If you go to the breakaway stateroom pages the only picture of the bathroom is shot looking out to the bedroom. In fact the door looks out at the bed. Nothing like the above.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

I know...these suites are a mystery. I guess when you return from the TA we will know more. Whats your opinion on deck 13 balcony...does it look 1/2 covered?

If you look at the 3rd picture in your attachment...I do see the window in the bathroom. Clearly will not be there.

I know...these suites are a mystery. I guess when you return from the TA we will know more. Whats your opinion on deck 13 balcony...does it look 1/2 covered?

If you look at the 3rd picture in your attachment...I do see the window in the bathroom. Clearly will not be there.

I will be on deck 13 for the TA. I will yet you know. I think 1/2 covered is about right. I went with 13 with only 14 looking down in us. The Getaway we went for 14.

I will be on deck 13 for the TA. I will yet you know. I think 1/2 covered is about right. I went with 13 with only 14 looking down in us. The Getaway we went for 14.

Thanks! No Forward Penthouses on 14 just Aft, but NCL's description is wrong. Some people booked 2 aft deck 14 penthouses for the price of forward when the Breakaway first came out.

Thanks! No Forward Penthouses on 14 just Aft, but NCL's description is wrong. Some people booked 2 aft deck 14 penthouses for the price of forward when the Breakaway first came out.

I thought you were asking about aft balcony cabins. My mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Well there sure are no smaller windows on the front of the Breakaway. If you go to the breakaway stateroom pages the only picture of the bathroom is shot looking out to the bedroom. In fact the door looks out at the bed. Nothing like the above. 3rd picture that will scroll

The picture you refer to also shows the reflection of a window in the bathroom. It shows the same 3D-render of the above picture but from a different angle.

The picture you refer to also shows the reflection of a window in the bathroom. It shows the same 3D-render of the above picture but from a different angle.

The third picture if you let it scroll is not the same rendering. It is from the perspective of looking out from the bathroom.

The third picture if you let it scroll is not the same rendering. It is from the perspective of looking out from the bathroom.

I think what he meant is that in that rendering ( yes different) it still demonstrates there is a window in the bathroom.

It's all good. It just means there is no window in the bathroom and NCL had their original renderings incorrect. The window in the bathroom...I am sure is not the reason anyone booked a forward penthouse. Lets hope they sleep 4 like the description reads.

I think what he meant is that in that rendering ( yes different) it still demonstrates there is a window in the bathroom.

It's all good. It just means there is no window in the bathroom and NCL had their original renderings incorrect. The window in the bathroom...I am sure is not the reason anyone booked a forward penthouse. Lets hope they sleep 4 like the description reads.

Looking at the picture it is 2 on the sofa and 2 in the bedroom. Much rather have a window in the bedroom then bathroom since there is only one. ;)

They made one 3-dimensional render, from this render you can take several shots, from different perspectives. In this case the render hasn't changed(window still there), only the perspective is different. Conclusion is clear, no window, contrary to what the renders show.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, English is not my first language.:-)

They made one 3-dimensional render, from this render you can take several shots, from different perspectives. In this case the render hasn't changed(window still there), only the perspective is different. Conclusion is clear, no window, contrary to what the renders show.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, English is not my first language.:-)

Looking at the picture it is 2 on the sofa and 2 in the bedroom. Much rather have a window in the bedroom then bathroom since there is only one. ;)

ALL GOOD!:)

You are on forward penthouse picture patrol on the TA.;)

I love the second picture of the guy holding the rope - it's like he's holding the ship in position. :D

Also, in the first picture, does anybody know if the "opening" near the bow going remain, or is that just open for construction purposes?

Archived