Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I think they'll place the last block this coming month, the rough steelwork is done then. In the meantime some comparisons of the current status with the interoir and exterior to be:

The main diningroom Manhattan:

538708e3.jpg

0b4cc6d6.jpg

Moderno:

5f1c51de.jpg

e5410b0a.jpg

Not many updates on the build, but another member who lives in Germany(HeinBloed) visited the yard this wednesday. He made some nice pictures to give us an impression of the build. I hope he doesn't mind posting the photo's here.

542185_3563164441118_166993448_n_zps2c06cd0c.jpg

580387_3563165241138_1341809775_n_zps88e2dc6c.jpg

72026_3563168201212_2057090445_n_zps4d982274.jpg

550442_3563165561146_1970784125_n_zpscecad791.jpg

547978_3563166921180_831803339_n_zps9aec93a7.jpg

And also the last shot of the webcam, lik Shaun07 posted(thanks Shaun!)

2012_10_05_Halle_6_W466_zps13d2911d.jpg

Still planning our own visit to the yard, trying to find the best moment.

Just announced: the spa:

421347_10151301352731414_1126638851_n_zpsf1cf9161.jpg

Looks amazing!

The pool looks very good. Since the pool is in the SPA, How does one use it? Is it just walk in or does one have to sign up and pay for the pool usage?

Charles

Thanks for the photos Loungerz. Its coming along nicely.

Looking forward to seeing your photos from when you go. If possible could you take a few of the aft.

Thanks

I second that request!!! Loved seeing the details of the haven block up close in the foreground of one of the pictures...but I am still so curious to see the aft detail of the corner aft suites. I still can't figure out how the room layout on NCL will work on the aft in reality.

Waiting patiently for some new aft photos!!

Thank you! And I have loved this thread from the start!

~Michele:)

The pool looks very good. Since the pool is in the SPA, How does one use it? Is it just walk in or does one have to sign up and pay for the pool usage?

Charles

You would either have a spa balcony (B9) or spa suite (S9) and have entry to spa included in your fare. Otherwise, you purchase a spa pass for the week, which gives you access to the spa and common areas, such as pool, hot tub, saunas, etc. but it doesn't include any spa services such as facials or massages (those are also extra).

We always purchase a spa pass, well worth it. On other ships it was $119 pp for a 7 day cruise, but not sure what they will charge on the Breakaway yet.

Enjoy!!

~Michele :)

Many Kudos to loungerz and all others who have contributed to this thread!

The last two years my wife and I sailed the two big Royal Caribbean ships of Allure and Oasis. While we enjoyed them very much we have concluded that we like freestyle of Norwegian a bit more. (as we experienced on Epic and Pride of America) Just watching this thread has been the decision point that we will sail on the Breakaway sometime next May or June. I believe that the ship will be spectacular!

Thanks again folks! :)

Hi Loungerz, love the tread you started and wish could sail with you. But already planned 2 NCL cruises. We live nearby Rotterdam. We have plans to watch her sail from the Wilhelminapier ( I think) Goede reis!

This ship looks amazing! We've been on 3 Carnival cruises and have decided to try something "different" after the recent changes they've made.

I think the Breakaway is our next cruise. Bermuda sounds enticing (I haven't been there) and the amenities on the ship seem spectacular. :D

Thanks for posting the photos. I cannot believe how quickly these ships are built. With two Breakaway-class ships and now the potential for two Breakaway-Plus-class ships, it would seem the Breakaway sisters are likely to replace the Jewel-class ships as NCL's most popular.

I have to come up with an excuse to sail the Breakaway in her innagural season.:rolleyes:

"This amazing photo shows the construction of one of the most important pieces of Norwegian Breakaway, the ship’s bridge. The bridge “block” will be the very last block to be lifted on to the top of the ship."

bridge-682x1024.jpg

I had a conversation this week with a PCC who insisted that the forward facing PH will have forward facing balconies. This picture has to prove her wrong. The description also says a forward balcony. DH and I were hoping to have that option (like on the Gem).

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Marilyn

Archived