Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Not much to report.. Loungerz and I will probably make a visit to Meyer Werft shipyard and try to get some selfmade photos if possible. The shipyard is a few hours drive away! Any requests will be met... (that is if your hump balcony is already welded haha). :)

That would be great!

Thank you all for keeping the topic updated! Busy at the job and NCL/Meyer aren't to generous with photo's at the moment. As FreestyleNovice mentioned we will visit the shipyard soon, so we can may some pics ourselfs.

The last update from Meyer:

2012_09_25_Halle_6_W466_zpsc64807e0.jpg

It looks like it won't take long the last block will be placed!

Totally awesome. This is the first time I have been following a ship being built. I never even imagined the amount of work that went into it. The scale of it is just so daunting. What an incredible sense of accomplishment these workers must have when another completed ship sails out of that shipyard!

I am loving every minute of this thread. I know when I walk on to the Breakaway for the first time, I will be more "invested" in the details that we get to witness from this thread.

I'm with you! And I wish I had found and read this entire (AWESOME) thread before I posted a few pictures I saved from FB seeing as they're all here and more!

We had a shipyard in my community for decades building Navy ships and then LNGs etc. It was so impressive to see but nothing of this scale. I love this stuff and it's great for the people who are employed there. Wow.

I wonder how long it takes to put everything inside all those blocks and spaces. I can't even imagine! Amazing.

I'm still trying to fathom the size of the buildings the ships are built in!

I can literally stare at these pictures for so long.

I'm envious of all of you luckies who will be on the Breakaway soon! We didn't book yet. I don't know why. Someday. Definitely need a nice long voyage to see and experience it all.

On the 4th of may 2012 the keel of the Norwegian Breakaway was laid in the Meyer Werf in Germany.

17af3bd7.jpg

The shipyards is building in blocks, so they produce several blocks at a time and put them together like Lego. This makes the buildingprocess very quick.

In the picture underneath you can see the massive scale of the ship:

fe5d9257.jpg

After a short amount of time the aft was placed:

0a55be5d.jpg

985f34dc.jpg

This gives the aft of the ship it's permanent shape, which I think is much more beautiful then Epics:

50d7901c.jpg

Also the engines arrived:

fcdbd998.jpg

The engine pictures remind me of the Epic Engine failure and having to cut her open and replace the engine.

Let's hope lightning does not strick twice.

Also today another update on the construction work:

The big screen at the back like the Epic is already in place:

10510_10151301484661414_427902187_n_zps3a81f769.jpg

In this picture you can see the total lenght of the ship:

422875_10151301484746414_154713859_n_zpsa34021c3.jpg

Part of the Roof of The Haven is already place, the other part will be placed soon, as you can see at the bottom of this picture:

545570_10151301484861414_2032976422_n_zpsc3fa590c.jpg

And another picture from the bow ball:

269166_10151301484781414_1156528876_n_zps06bbf240.jpg

A little comparison of the current status with the renders:

As you can see the screen is already in place and it also looks like there is already one jacuzzi. Another thing is it looks like it's possible to walk around the aft from the Waterfront. This will be the future situation, with the screen and a jacuzzi with roof:

1635c133.jpg

As you can see the screen is already in place and it also looks like there is already one jacuzzi. Another thing is it looks like it's possible to walk around the aft from the Waterfront. This will be the future situation, with the screen and a jacuzzi with roof:

1635c133.jpg

Love the photos . . . some good detail. Great idea to combine the rendering with the current ship construction. It really helps to get a feel of what is what.

Keep em coming! I can't get enough.

Another thing is it looks like it's possible to walk around the aft from the Waterfront.

Yes, from an earlier rendering it looks like the Waterfront wraps around the aft. For those of us who don't have an aft balcony we'll be able to get a taste by standing on the Waterfront aft.

Given the Epic's relative lack of promenade deck or areas open to the sea, NCL listened to its customer's concerns over not having a connection to the sea and rectified it with the Waterfront. Kudos NCL.

42622.jpg

Archived