Silly question linen slacks

magandab

I like a crease...so I do it....if you want a more casual look, don't crease..up to you.

Yes...linen is very rumply...not always the best choice for a cruise...the humidity will be sucked up by the material in nothing flat!

It can also depend on the cut/style of the pant. Most of the linen pants I have right now are very casual, drawstring waist. I can still wear them for work (I work in research, a very "khaki and shirt" or sweater sort of office) and I iron without a crease - using the seams for flat ironing. I prefer that for my dressier pants as well - I'm not fond of a center crease on me, so the only pants that are like that are the ones that came sort of perma-press creased. I do have one pair of silk/linen blend trousers with a center crease; it's a much dressier look to me....(actually, "dressy" isn't really the word I'm looking for - "business-like"?)

I'm not a fan of a crease but depending on style and fabric content, they might look good with a crease. I have taken some linen items on Caribbean cruises, I lightly starched them and packed them in drycleaning bags to keep them from getting too wrinkled in transit. I like linen for warm climates.

not always the best choice for a cruise...the humidity will be sucked up by the material in nothing flat!

I disagree. I live in FL where we have high humidity all the time. Linen is one of the most cool and comfortable fabrics for pants here.

Crease or no crease? Personal choice. :)

I vote no crease, mainly because it's too hard to get a good crease in the first place, and then, if the pants are at all rumpled, a crease would just seem contrived and out of place, and would accentuate that the rumpled linen-look wasn't intentional.

I don't put a crease in my JJill or EF linen pants, but do put a crease in my Talbot's linen capris. They are more tailored and just look better with the crease. Guess it depends on the style of pants and personal choice.

K

Archived