Need Honest Answers

lightnin

The original and renewals took 2 weeks. However, as you can see, the timeline varies. Assuming you have a closed loop cruise, I'd get extra copies of your birth certificates. That's what I did last year when I had to send away for a visa (for a work trip) shortly before a cruise.

The original and renewals took 2 weeks. However, as you can see, the timeline varies. Assuming you have a closed loop cruise, I'd get extra copies of your birth certificates. That's what I did last year when I had to send away for a visa (for a work trip) shortly before a cruise.

You should be able to go to the Office of Vital Statistics. We got a duplicate of my BC to send when we had to send mine in for the passport. I am paranoid and decided that it would be better to have it--just in case.

Thanks for the replies folks. Just to add additional information, our passports are new not renewals. Do u guys think that things speed up after school starts?

My daughter's friend (going with us this year) got her passport in exactly three weeks also this summer. It was not a renewal. I think you will be fine as long as you filled everything out correctlly.

Checking on line did not help me at all. My renewal just showed up one day.

Since you are cruising in a month, I feel they will send it out ASAP.

My DH submitted for a new passport and I put mine in the mail for renewal the same day. He got his back in 12 days and I got mine back in 20. We sent them on July 30th. His paperwork came back 4 days after his passport. I would look into getting another copy of your BC.

We both applied for new passports last year to go on our honeymoon (my husband's previous one had expired when he was a teenager and I'd never had one before). That took about 3-4 weeks.

I applied for a renewal this summer with my new married name and that one also took about 3-4 weeks to receive. And both times our birth certificates, etc came after we received the passports. I'll cross my fingers that yours arrives in time.

How long did it take for your non-expedidited passport to arrive in the mail? We applied today (08/14/12) and leave home on 09/15/12. Think we're gonna make it?? :eek:

hmmmm...... received mine in 3 weeks, BUT didn't get my birth certificate back for an additional 2 weeks. cutting it awful close.

you can pay to expedite.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived