How long until OBC shows?

hannahsmomtoo

HI everyone

ok - I called today and had a OBC added to my account..

The lady emailed me a receipt but said it won't show on my documents until 7 days before sailing...?

Should that make me nervous?

It was a little less for ours. make sure you take the reciept with you just in case.

I booked onboard Glory in this July . . .a sailing for for 9/8/12. My OBC is still not showing. I have called and was told there is only one person, William, in the loyalty department? William has no contact info?

This does not make sense to me. I will call again tomorrow as well as email my PVP again. My billing does not show up in my cruise manager. I have never had this happen before and I want something to take with me on paper that shows I have an OBC from booking onboard.

I have added funship dollars to be applied to my sign and sail acct (2 different times so far) for our december cruise and was also told that it wouldn't show up until right before our sail date. I keep checking but it still doesn't show up. I do have the e-mail receipts and will take them just in case....but I also have heard others say they didn't see it until right before they cruised. Not sure if this is something new. Just make sure you keep your invoices/receipts.

we are cruising on sept 3 and our obc still hasnt posted. also makes me nervous bc its a large amt but have never had a problem in past...i will call if its not posted within the one week window....

Yeah..I am going to print my bank statement showing the charges as well..

I also put some Funship dollars on my December cruise that hasn't shown up. I called the loyalty department yesterday and was told that they are behind in applying and that they are working on the cruises with the closer sailing dates first.

Shout out to my fellow Zonie! It will take a few days to show on your account. Don't stress over it though. In the unlikely event that it doesn't show up you have your receipt and they will correct it for you. ;)

Shout out to the AZ cruisers!

Thank you.. I know I am worrying prematurely !!!!! It"s just if they lose this I will be penniless on the cruise !!!!

:eek:

When we called in to claim the Milestone credit for DH they said it wouldn't show up until 3 days before the sailing. They seem to be true to their word about that - we are now 4 days out and it is still not there. If it is not there tomorrow I will be on the phone.

The shareholder credit showed up within 48 hours. The only reason we are going is because of the Milestone credit - DH did not want to leave it on the table.

I put some on my account last week and was told it will show 7 days prior to sailing. That will be tomorrow so I'll be on the phone if it isn't. The did take it out of my account so I'm hoping its somewhere.

I was also supposed to get a Steakhouse credit from CCL for a customer service issue I had with my travel agent and that hasn't shown either. They were going to give my $70 OBC to offset the Steakhouse charge.

Last year I bought several FunShip Dollars... had some of them mailed and 2 applied as an OBC. Here's what I learned.... the paper FunShip Dollars were applied immediately to my account once I boarded and took them to guest services. The other 2 did not show up as an OBC until the 2nd day of the cruise when I received 2 OBC notices in my door mailbox.

Last year I bought several FunShip Dollars... had some of them mailed and 2 applied as an OBC. Here's what I learned.... the paper FunShip Dollars were applied immediately to my account once I boarded and took them to guest services. The other 2 did not show up as an OBC until the 2nd day of the cruise when I received 2 OBC notices in my door mailbox.

HOW do I purchase FunShip Dollars online for my October cruise? Thanks! :o

I put some on my account last week and was told it will show 7 days prior to sailing. That will be tomorrow so I'll be on the phone if it isn't. The did take it out of my account so I'm hoping its somewhere.

I was also supposed to get a Steakhouse credit from CCL for a customer service issue I had with my travel agent and that hasn't shown either. They were going to give my $70 OBC to offset the Steakhouse charge.

Update to my post, the credit I added was put on today, and se sail 8 days from today. My travel agent got an email showign the creidt was updated and forwarded it to me, and I checked my booking on carnival.com and it it there. Now if only the rest of it would show up.

Update to my post, the credit I added was put on today, and se sail 8 days from today. My travel agent got an email showign the creidt was updated and forwarded it to me, and I checked my booking on carnival.com and it it there. Now if only the rest of it would show up.

That's cool - so it essentially took a week for yours.. and my cruise is well after yours.. Thanks for updating !

I also received the same answer today, OBC will post to account one week prior to sailing.

Odd though in my paperwork from booking my sailing onboard Glory, it clearly states the OBC will post "within a few days by the main office".

I have 17 more days so I will see.

Good luck everyone and happy sailing :)

That's cool - so it essentially took a week for yours.. and my cruise is well after yours.. Thanks for updating !

Our OBC's are already on our docs $100 for Carnival CC points and $100 for Carnival stock. Took only 4 or 5 days to post. DW applied online.

I purchase some this afternoon online. I just check my email and I didnt get a receipt, so I checked my acc't and they didnt take out the money yet. I have my order number so I'll see how long its going to take for them to take out the money and applied the OBC to my acc't.

I also received the same answer today, OBC will post to account one week prior to sailing.

Odd though in my paperwork from booking my sailing onboard Glory, it clearly states the OBC will post "within a few days by the main office".

I have 17 more days so I will see.

Good luck everyone and happy sailing :)

Posted this morning .. ( purchased Tuesday afternoon ).. so it took 36 hours to show. SO relieved to see it ! :D

Archived