Pool Decks

angie2003

I love hearing everyones opinion as it is such a difficult decision to decide between cruise lines. As a couple who has sailed RCL one time and Princess many times (which I LOVE), we have been contemplating trying one of the other lines as well. I have to say one of my biggest loves is the number of pools and MUTS on princess. I have read so many conflicting reviews and no real answer to my questions

1) do the other cruise lines have as many pools as princess ships?

2) do their screens by the pool (the ones that have them) use them for movies and such during the day like princess?

I love love love the sun and laying out but love the entertainment of the movies during the day!! any information on pool decks would be SOOOO greatly appreciated!

Since you aren't getting any answers it might help to say which ships you are referring to. Even within cruiselines each ship can be different.

Another option might be to go on the cruiselines you are interested in websites and pull up the deck plans on the ships to see how many pools they have.

Another question to ask, particularly if you use the pool, is whether the cruise line's pools are fresh or salt water. Princess pools are fresh water but not that many other lines are. I can't answer your question about the pools and MUTS other than to say you won't find anything like MUTS on HAL.

Another question to ask, particularly if you use the pool, is whether the cruise line's pools are fresh or salt water. Princess pools are fresh water but not that many other lines are. I can't answer your question about the pools and MUTS other than to say you won't find anything like MUTS on HAL.

But all except one of HAL's ships have two pools, and all are fresh water. All the ships that have two pools, the midship (or Lido) pool area will have a retractable roof, which makes the pool usable everyday, rain or shine.

RCI's ships (most of them) have more than 1 pool....all ships in Voyager class or below have salt-water pools. Freedom and Oasis class have chlorine treated pools.

I don't know if the RCI ships have added the movie screens....(I hope not!)....but they may have!

Check ou the different cruiseline's deck plans....it will show the pools!

Carnival has been adding the Seaside Theater to their larger ships as they go in for refurbishment as well as from new on the Dream class. They aren't putting them on the Spirit or Fantasy class. RCI has added the poolside screens to at least the Liberty and I believe the Freedom, not sure about others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived