Help - Sailing with Regent on Mariner

JVD85

Hello All!

I know that this is the Disney forum but I'm hoping that there are people here who could help me!

We just got off of the Wonder in Alaska a few days ago (LOVED it by the way!) and found that my kid's didn't care much for the OC or lab (not as much as they did last year anyways) so we had the kid's with us A LOT.

We're looking at sailing on the Mariner in December.

Anybody sail on Regent with small kids?? (mine are 3 and 5). I know some sailings have a kid's club, but how do I know which sailings?

Any advice/help would be GREAT!!

Thanks!

Hello All!

I know that this is the Disney forum but I'm hoping that there are people here who could help me!

We just got off of the Wonder in Alaska a few days ago (LOVED it by the way!) and found that my kid's didn't care much for the OC or lab (not as much as they did last year anyways) so we had the kid's with us A LOT.

We're looking at sailing on the Mariner in December.

Anybody sail on Regent with small kids?? (mine are 3 and 5). I know some sailings have a kid's club, but how do I know which sailings?

Any advice/help would be GREAT!!

Thanks!

You'll probably get better (and more) answers over on the Regent board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=176

Good luck

:)

Where and when is your cruise? Christmas?

I think it's fair to say that Regent doesn't really cater for the "family" market so while they do provide a low key kids club it's a bit of an afterthought and there probably won't be many other kids on board. I'm not trying to put you off, just giving an honest opinion.

We're cruising before Christmas - first week of December.

Last time we didn't see any children.

Just wondering if this is a mistake and if we would upset other people on the ship by bringing our kids...

Mixed emotions.

My father currently has 400days on Regent and will be sailing with us. He says that kids are welcome and will be fine - wondering if his 'fine' is different than mine!

Personally I wouldn't take a 3 and 5 year old because you will be responsible for keeping them occupied, entertained and under control for much of the time (hey, its called Parenting 101), plus you'll have the stress of being very conscious of other passengers reactions and I'll risk being flamed by saying that some people won't be as tolerant as others. It won't be much of a vacation for you if you can't fully relax. I think Regent would risk lawsuits if they came out and said "No Children" but they certainly don't put out the welcome mat for them either. Regent has decided, rightly or wrongly, to gear its product towards adults so taking young kids along is always going to be risky IMO.

Here is a link to the Kid's club sailing, not many and I don't see one in December.

http://www.rssc.com/experience/enrichment/family-programs/

You father must have an RSSC TA if he travels that much, I would have the TA inquire about the specific sailing in which you are interested. I have 6 months on RSSC and kids do sail, though not very many, and RSSC has had a youth counselor onboard when I've been on, but it must depend on the sailing.

You'd still be more likely to get relevant responses from posting on the Regent Seven Seas board here!

Keep in mind that your father is biased towards his grandchildren. I suspect that his friends would feel differently.

Also depending on when you are sailing there might not even be clubs running on Regent, and I suspect that there is very little for them to do otherwise that wouldn't prove very disruptive to your fellow cruisers.

We just got home form Regent Voyager in the Baltic. There were a few kids on the ship and there was a designated "kids Club" set up for them. My understanding is that they do this on an as needed basis during school holidays. It is not a regular occurence. I agree with the previous poster. Speak with a travel agent that is experienced with Regent and they can answer your questions and address your concerns.

We just got home form Regent Voyager in the Baltic. There were a few kids on the ship and there was a designated "kids Club" set up for them. My understanding is that they do this on an as needed basis during school holidays. It is not a regular occurence. I agree with the previous poster. Speak with a travel agent that is experienced with Regent and they can answer your questions and address your concerns.

My father just got off of that cruise as well (a few weeks ago maybe.. ) he jumped from ship to ship for a few weeks - he said that he saw kids on some of them but I'm unsure of our sailing offering a kid's club. I'll speak with the agent. Problem is, he loves Regent and we love Disney ... he isn't interested in sailing with us on Disney so we now are considering sailing with him on Regent so we can all have a vacation together. I can for see this being an exhausting trip if the clubs aren't available on our sailing.

Thanks again for your time answering my questions :)

Archived