Very early disembarkation in Quebec

Has anyone recently been able to do a very early (3:30-4:30 AM) self disembarkation in Quebec after a night stay in port?

Our Delta flight has been changed to 7:13 AM! We are going to have to do self embarkation. If we miss this flight we will have to stay two more days in Quebec and leave on a Sunday. Does anyone have knowledge of doing this and should we arrange for a car service to pick us up outside the terminal. We were thinking it might be way to early for any taxi cabs. Any help will be appreciated.

If your change of flights has not been accepted by you, and/or it is more than 1 -2 hrs (not sure which), you can change it to a later flight (though there may not be one that makes an easy same-day connection).

That said, you don't have to get to the airport that early. It is fairly small, there's no preclearance facility at YQB, and I think not very busy. If you can get BPs printed ahead of time, arriving at the airport at 6 is early enough.

Cactuspair

We also had this same flight change by Delta. We were told by Delta the only later flights involved an overnight stay in Detroit or NYC. If you hear of anything that is later or any info on a car service/taxi for early am please email me. At "Our screen name at comcast dot net". I will post anything I find here for you also!

I posted here for early am taxi info and have no response. I am a bit concerned.

On the face of it, it seems a pretty impossible scenario. In reality, if you can be assured that you can disembark at that time, i.e., if there will be the personnel from the port in place at that hour, it's actually quite do-able. You really need to contact your cruise line, however, to confirm this.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I suppose we will have to just hope we can make it. Two different Princess Representatives told us that it would be possible through the Purser's Desk. We will submit our new flight changes early on in the cruise. If we find out we can not get early disembarkation then we will try to book another way home on a completely different airline. The sad thing is a whole lot more passengers than us are booked on this flight and it is completely full. Thanks again, everyone.

The other option for you would be to disembark the first day you arrive in Quebec City, since you overnight there. That would have to be arranged before you board with the cruiseline, but it is possible.

Then you could maybe find an inexpensive hotel near the airport to get at least some sleep before your early flight?

canadarocks,

Thank you for your advice. I am checking on your idea on Monday. I hope to find out about how to go about doing that very thing. We will be able to get to the airport on Friday morning with no problems.

All the very best of luck to you. It sucks when something throws a "monkey wrench" into your vacation plans! ;)

Has anyone recently been able to do a very early (3:30-4:30 AM) self disembarkation in Quebec after a night stay in port?

Our Delta flight has been changed to 7:13 AM! We are going to have to do self embarkation. If we miss this flight we will have to stay two more days in Quebec and leave on a Sunday. Does anyone have knowledge of doing this and should we arrange for a car service to pick us up outside the terminal. We were thinking it might be way to early for any taxi cabs. Any help will be appreciated.

Another unhappy Delta flyer here!! :mad:

When we first booked our flight from Quebec, it was scheduled for 4:00 p.m. We were happy to have another day in Quebec! Then Delta changed the flight to 8:15 a.m. Contacted Princess since we are using a transfer to the airport and all was fine.

Last week, we get the notice from Delta that the flight now leaves at 7:13 a.m.!!! Not happy!! Contacted Princess again and they said we are still okay for their transfer. There are no other flights available on that day - Delta only has one - and we even considered renting a car to leave Quebec but no cars to be had :-(

We will NOT book with Delta again! We are used to small time changes but to lose the whole day in Quebec is very disappointing! At least we will have the whole day when we arrive in Quebec. We spent time there years ago but are traveling with our friends who have never been there.

MustangGT

We had the very same thing happen to us on our flight return from Quebec on October 26, 2012. There were three different changes in our flight on the morning of our disembarkation on October 26, 2012. We more than likely will never book a Delta flight after this! We are going to check onboard the Emerald to find out if a transfer would get us to the airport the 2 1/2 hours required for international flights. We also have considered self disembarkation at 4:00 am.

Are you on the October 16, 2012 cruise on the Emerald? If you are please contact me on the roll call for New York to Quebec and I will put you on our list for a Meet and Greet on the day of embarkation in the Wheelhouse Bar at 4:00 pm.

I would call the cruise line directly to see if you can get off the boat early. I doubt it though. Port Authority is in charge of security, so they might not allow you to get off the boat before the regularly scheduled disembarking time of 6 am (is disembarking even a real word?). You might have to get off the boat the day before and stay in a hotel like a previous post suggested.

I would stay in a hotel near the airport so that you are fully rested for your early flight. You don't need the additional stress of finding a taxi to get you from the city center to the airport on time in the middle of the night at 3 am!

Archived