Mailing packages to your ship

MisterC

Does anyone know if you can mail packages to yourself care of the cruise ship? We are traveling through New Zealand for 4 weeks next year and we are traveling light. We then are going to Australia to cruise. We'd like to mail some evening clothes to ourselves. Is this possible?

I have never heard of it.

The other option is to mail it to a hotel that you will be at the last week. Just be careful as we used to always mail a package to hotels before we cruise and recently found out that Marriott hotels are charging $10 a day to "hold the package". So if you are considering this option, check with the hotel to see if they will hold the package for a reasonable amount. Previously, I had never been charged for having a package held.

When we were in Australia a few years ago, we mailed a box back to our home in the States and it took a month to arrive, so if you mail something, be sure to give it plenty of time to get there. :rolleyes:

Garry

In the USA you can send items via FedEx,or other carriers, and have it held for pickup at a,local office. You might look into this being available at a courier office in your embarkation city.

There are also companies that specialize in shipping your luggage to a ship or other destination. Try doing a google search for these. I've looked at some years ago but they all seemed way too expensive for me to consider.

Odd....when I cruised Cunard (QE2) from Los Angeles to Sydney, my parents sent mail to me at every stop through each designated port agent. Perhaps security considerations prevent packages from being accepted.

RCCL used to do this but no longer. The only route to a ship now is through the Miami office.

You could go onto your roll call and ask if there is someone who lives near your embarkation port willing to receive your package and bring it with them onto the ship? If they are local they won't be flying so would not have luggage restrictions.

I would never accept anyone's luggage. It's a huge security risk (drugs for one) and just like planes, you are liable to be asked did you pack this youself and has it ever been out of your possession. Big N O.

Archived