Room selection on Reflection?

sbt518

I'm looking at a cruise next June on the Reflection and trying to pick a room.

We prefer the bed by the bathroom so my understanding is that if we pick a room with the triangle or square symbol for an extra 3rd or 4th person, the bed will by the bathroom and the pull out sofa by the balcony.

My problem is that when I search on the -X- website and another large online travel agency (that will offer me OBC) NONE of the rooms with the triangle or square symbol are available.

I don't think the ship is sold out yet, lots of hump balconies are still available.

Could it be that I can't book a room for 3 or 4 people with only 2 passengers? I didn't have this problem booking the Eclipse last year or on any other line.

I'm just curious. It isn't a deal breaker we'll still have a great trip I'm sure but my husband said to ask you all if you knew anything about this. :confused:

I'm looking at a cruise next June on the Reflection and trying to pick a room.

We prefer the bed by the bathroom so my understanding is that if we pick a room with the triangle or square symbol for an extra 3rd or 4th person, the bed will by the bathroom and the pull out sofa by the balcony.

My problem is that when I search on the -X- website and another large online travel agency (that will offer me OBC) NONE of the rooms with the triangle or square symbol are available.

I don't think the ship is sold out yet, lots of hump balconies are still available.

Could it be that I can't book a room for 3 or 4 people with only 2 passengers? I didn't have this problem booking the Eclipse last year or on any other line.

I'm just curious. It isn't a deal breaker we'll still have a great trip I'm sure but my husband said to ask you all if you knew anything about this. :confused:

Yes, you can book a room with an upper berth and/or a fold out sofa bed for just 2 people.

When searching for a room on the S-Class ship, some rooms don't have the triangle and/or the little square. All you have to know is that all the cabins alternate from bed by the bath/balcony/bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc. Just count upward or backward.

All the decks on the port and starboard side are mirror images of each other from deck 6 up to deck 11. So if you find a cabin on deck 6 in a certain location that has the bed by the bath, that cabin on deck 10 or 11 in the same location will have the bed by the bath. Just look at the deck plans to figure it out.

Yes, I understand that but I keep searching and none of them are available! This is what is confusing me.

Could they all be sold out already?

What sail date and which category are you looking into.

June 17, 2013 and 1B. Or maybe 1C

It is also not helpful that I can't get the search for a particular cabin function to work on the Celebrity website! :mad:

Wow, on that cruise, most of the bed by the bath's are taken.

There are no 1C's that have the bed by the bath available.

The following staterooms 1B's have the bed by the bath - 8259, 8234, 8238, 8242, and 8246.

Yes, I understand that but I keep searching and none of them are available! This is what is confusing me.

Could they all be sold out already?

Hi, put in the passenger search for three people, then the rooms for more than two will show up. I like to use the website with the traveling " gnome" to find the cabin I like before I call Celebrity with my room number. Have fun!

June 17, 2013 and 1B. Or maybe 1C

It is also not helpful that I can't get the search for a particular cabin function to work on the Celebrity website! :mad:

Don't feel bad --- it's not just you. Apparently that particular search function on the X website has been down for months! :rolleyes:

We will be on the Reflection in Feb and needed 6 rooms in a row. The website said the 3er rooms were not available, but our TA called X and booked them for us. Apparently they try to 'save' those rooms for actualy 3ers. The X website also said that early seating was waitlisted (8 months out!) X apparently reserves early seating for families.

Take away is that you can't always trust what you see on the web!

OP:

I also prefer the bed by the bath, so when I did my search with my online TA, I first put in TWO people to find the cabin I wanted, then did another search with THREE people to find the nearest "bed by bath" triangle symbol cabin. Many were all available. I went ahead and booked into the first cabin for the two of us, and once I had a booking number, called my TA and changed to the cabin configuration that I wanted. It was very easy.

Archived