non-Alcoholic drinks

TMI alert. ;)

My stomach is really sensitive when it comes to certain sodas and juices. If I choose wrong I end up paying for it about 20 minutes later. Not pretty. Since from what I am reading you can not bring your own drinks on board (even water) I do not want to end up spending my entire on board budget to drink.

I have a couple of questions:

Is there ginger ale on board?

Can I bring a water purifier? I know ship water is safe but I don't want to risk it with my stomach. The best water for me is pure tap city water... weird as it may sound.

We are going to Cozumel and the whole Mexico thing scares me. I am sure they have bottled water on the beach but what is the ice made of in the drinks?

Thanks

I was able to get ginger ale on both my past cruises. I believe you can bring a purifier on board--Brita has one that is a sports bottle type thing. Have not gotten one but a friend swears by hers.

Can't help with Coz-but would love to hear responses since we are there in Dec.

ps: I understand what you mean by soda & juices doing it to you--I can't do most of the DoDs cause the juice + rum does it to me every time too!!:eek:

You can certainly bring a tap water purifier thingy....lots of folks do. The water is pretty damn pure....however, it will never "run cold" from your tap...ice will be required!

The ice is made from ship's water....

In Cozumel, in tourist areas, the ice is NOT made from local water, but I'd avoid it, anyway...drink chilled, canned drinks! Or, bring your own drink.

TMI alert. ;)

My stomach is really sensitive when it comes to certain sodas and juices. If I choose wrong I end up paying for it about 20 minutes later. Not pretty. Since from what I am reading you can not bring your own drinks on board (even water) I do not want to end up spending my entire on board budget to drink.

I have a couple of questions:

Is there ginger ale on board?

Can I bring a water purifier? I know ship water is safe but I don't want to risk it with my stomach. The best water for me is pure tap city water... weird as it may sound.

We are going to Cozumel and the whole Mexico thing scares me. I am sure they have bottled water on the beach but what is the ice made of in the drinks?

Thanks

Ginger ale is no problem. My DH orders it on every cruise. Take your own water bottle ashore in Cozumel. The restuarants in the tourist area use filtered water. (imagine how much business they would lose if it got out their ice made people sick.) However, if you a super sensitive ask for canned drinks. My DH did this in Carteghena, Columbia. (We were warned about drinking the ice there)

Before you get on the ship buy whatever is best for you and carry it aboard. You should have no problem with nonalcoholic. But, just to be safe get a note from your doctor. Then you are golden!

The "tap" water onboard is purer than almost all bottled and city water. There is nothing to "purify". It's about as pure as you can get. A water purifier would be a waste of money and luggage space. Water filters filter out certain things in water that ships water don't have. They use an evap system which takes out minerals, salt, etc.

Resorts and most restaurants in Mexico all purify their own water. We have never had a problem in 11 cruises. If juice and soda are a problem, that sounds like sugar issues. Have you been tested to figure out exactly what the issue is? It would make it a lot easier on you to know.

Archived