Is There A List??

cellyml12

Absolutely no problem with the flat iron or curling iron. I always bring a curling iron and my friend brings a flat iron.

Generally, if the device gets hot enough to boil water, it's not allowed. The firearms, spring-loaded knives and dope are obvious but the biggest fear on any ship is fire. You can bring a battery-operated or plug-in candle but not one with a real flame. Something like a candle would be nice and romantic at night in your cabin on your honeymoon. :) Whatever the device you bring, if it plugs in, it must be UL (Underwriters Laboratory) approved. I'd guess that any curling irons or hairdryers kept by Security aren't.

Thanks so much for the info Pam!! As always, I appreciate it! :)

VERY true, whenever I check in on some posts, I ALWAYS agree with Pam in Ca.... do/did you work for Princess, you're very knowledgeable and give good ACCURATE advice.

I changed my Avatar to prove I worked onboard 1 contract and am en Elite pax with 400 days. One thing I can say is, what is true on 1 ship isn't always the case fleetwide, as someone else posted, depends on certain officers as they have final say as to what the procedure of many things will be for that ship.

Pam is AWESOME! Not that I didn't believe you. I know things can vary from ship to ship (from everything I read), I just wanted Pam's thoughts to help weigh in on my decision to try bringing it or not.

Thank you. I'm flattered but there are a number of people who post and deserve credit for helping others. :) A lot of it is common sense, observation and reading.

You're right, there are a lot of people who help others. I don't want to slight anyone else, it's just that I see your postings the most & you have always been VERY informative & what I respect most about you, is even on threads that get "heated", you state facts & are polite. CC & Princess are lucky to have a knowledgable and fair person to help out the newbies. :D

On my last cruise, I brought both a curling iron and a hair dryer. The one in the cabin does not generate much heat which I found out on our 2008 Grand cruise. Since we were back on the Grand, I took my small hair dryer and was glad I did.

My friend also brought a steamer which made it through Security and she used it during the whole cruise. We were almost directly across the hall from the Laundry but she liked this better. (Didn't have to get dressed to use it. ;-). )

Sue

I can't bring my truncheon or catapult? My cruise is ruined!

You could always bring a trebuchet. I didn't see that on the list.

On my last cruise, I brought both a curling iron and a hair dryer. The one in the cabin does not generate much heat which I found out on our 2008 Grand cruise. Since we were back on the Grand, I took my small hair dryer and was glad I did.

My friend also brought a steamer which made it through Security and she used it during the whole cruise. We were almost directly across the hall from the Laundry but she liked this better. (Didn't have to get dressed to use it. ;-). )

Sue

How delightfully selfish that she was content to trade her convenience for the safety of everyone else aboard the ship. Please provide her future itineraries so I can know what cruises to avoid.

Disembarking from San Pedro last year I noticed a couple of tables with items apparently "held" by Princess during the cruise for reclaim. Couldn't see everything but there were some interesting looking coffee pots. Enforcement is inconsistent and you might be the one flagged. Most aren't but a few appear to be and the Captain is the final word.

That's only an onboard activity offered in Somali waters ;)
Is it true that cabins of ships sailing in these waters are equipped with AK-47s and they have target practice at Muster, right along with knowing how to put on your life jacket?

Is it true that cabins of ships sailing in these waters are equipped with AK-47s and they have target practice at Muster, right along with knowing how to put on your life jacket?
I think that's only an option for the Dolphin deck cabins on the Grand Class Ships. They have the best view :D

Do not fire your AK-47 until the crew has demonstrated the proper way to do so and then said you should do so.

When returning to the cabin, be sure that the cartridge belt does not drag on the floor where it can trip someone.

I have cruise with Princess 26 times and have NEVER heard or had problems as far as curling or flat irons are concerned. As a matter of fact I always take 2 curling irons, just in case one breaks down.:eek: Without my curling iron I would not be able to travel on land or sea. As far as the beauty salons on the ships are concerned I had to bring my own curling iron since they did not have one ,I just don't bother with the salons any more.So don't worry,you and your flat iron should make it on board just fine. I never hid mine in the luggage but have it in my carry on which they x-ray when you get on board. Happy sailing:)

I have cruise with Princess 26 times and have NEVER heard or had problems as far as curling or flat irons are concerned. As a matter of fact I always take 2 curling irons, just in case one breaks down.:eek: Without my curling iron I would not be able to travel on land or sea. As far as the beauty salons on the ships are concerned I had to bring my own curling iron since they did not have one ,I just don't bother with the salons any more.So don't worry,you and your flat iron should make it on board just fine. I never hid mine in the luggage but have it in my carry on which they x-ray when you get on board. Happy sailing:)

I think I'm going to give it a try! I really can't travel without it. Or if I do I need to stay away from ALL cameras!. LOL

What about people from outside the US?

Or be approved by the comparable UK organization.

But remember that the current will be 120V, so you will need a voltage converter if your device cannot accept that voltage directly and will need a plug to go from UK prongs to USA type outlets.

Many devices that require 240V will not perform well with 120V.

I am surprised that medical marijuana is prohibited. I know folks who have theirs on board and would have been in a lot of pain if they couldn't use it. I think that needs to be looked at on a case by case basis.

I am surprised that medical marijuana is prohibited. I know folks who have theirs on board and would have been in a lot of pain if they couldn't use it. I think that needs to be looked at on a case by case basis.

The problem is it is illegal in most states and many foriegn countries.

The problem is it is illegal in most states and many foriegn countries.

Many of the foreign countries have far more severe penalties for possesion up to and including death for many illegal drugs and the term "case by case basis" has no place in their judicial code.

I agree with you. Living in the Bay Area, it's one of those things that just is, so I guess I never think about it. I'm sure those that need it, know how to sneak it.

Archived