Oasis of the Sea

Hello all,

I booked my 1st cruise on the Oasis of the Sea because RCI was recommanded by some of my friends... I cannot wait to board this beauty... I will go with my mother. Boarding on Feb 2, 2013. We already booked all the shows we wanted to see.

What should I expect? The food is free (unless you go to the pay some fees restaurant) but what about soft drinks, juice water? I am confuse because they are selling water and fontain soda package...

Thanks to all who will replies...

A.

Soda is extra, but water-based drinks are included....coffee, tea (iced or hot) lemonade, flavored water, ice water, milk and juice at breakfast.

The soda package covers FOUNTAIN soda only. You can buy a can of soda without the package, anytime you want. You will need to drink in excess of the equivilent of 3 cans per day to make the soda package "pay" for itself.

There is really no need to pay for bottled water or juice. There are MANY included food venues....if you do a "search", there are some pretty comprehensive lists floating around these boards on all of Oasis/Allure eating venues!

You will love the Oasis. The entertainment is wonderful. However, I do have a question. You are 6 months out from your sailing date. Reservations for shows do not open up until 90 days or more from the time you are sailing. How did you do that? I hope you are not mistaken. It is a link to book that you will see under your cruise planner :)

I did use the cruise planner to book the shows... I have my confirmation # and everything. It should be OK... the only thing I was not able to book yet was the my time dinning and the registration online which will be able to be done only after the final payment, in November... I should do that sometimes in December!! :-)

I did use the cruise planner to book the shows... I have my confirmation # and everything. It should be OK... the only thing I was not able to book yet was the my time dinning and the registration online which will be able to be done only after the final payment, in November... I should do that sometimes in December!! :-)

Wow that is really early. With MTD you really dont need a reservation. Just go when you want. We dined around our show times giving ourself extra time to be at the shows 20 minutes before. We were a party of six and never waited for a table. There is a ton of information on the Royal Carribean board about the Oasis. :)

Hello all,

I booked my 1st cruise on the Oasis of the Sea because RCI was recommanded by some of my friends... I cannot wait to board this beauty... I will go with my mother. Boarding on Feb 2, 2013. We already booked all the shows we wanted to see.

What should I expect? The food is free (unless you go to the pay some fees restaurant) but what about soft drinks, juice water? I am confuse because they are selling water and fontain soda package...

Thanks to all who will replies...

A.

Oasis is an incredible ship. Do your research, there is so much to do, so get familiar with the ship beforehand. Read the reviews.

Also, join your roll call and start discussing your cruise with others that will be going with you.

Our shows for the Feb. sailings have been open for a few weeks. I was surprised also. Specialty dining is not open to book yet. I guess everyone should look frequently.

Wow that is great and very early...:)

Soda is extra, but water-based drinks are included....coffee, tea (iced or hot) lemonade, flavored water, ice water, milk and juice at breakfast.

The soda package covers FOUNTAIN soda only. You can buy a can of soda without the package, anytime you want. You will need to drink in excess of the equivilent of 3 cans per day to make the soda package "pay" for itself.

There is really no need to pay for bottled water or juice. There are MANY included food venues....if you do a "search", there are some pretty comprehensive lists floating around these boards on all of Oasis/Allure eating venues!

Fresh Squeezed OJ is $3.99 OJ from concentrate is free. So be careful as the waiters walk around with trays of Fresh Squeeezed OJ and it's not always clear to the passenger there's a fee.

Archived