They don't change the shows???

I was on Liberty last year and I am going again this november. I saw Saturday night fever and it was great. Now I see, its still the headlining show. Are the other ships having the same shows too?

The main production shows stay the same for years. It is very expensive to set up a production show. The headliners (comedian, juggler, singer, etc.) change every cruise.

Thanks. I really did not think of this till now. I had a great time seeing snf and I will again.

I got to see SNF last Dec on Liberty with my sister. This time DH will be with me and that is one of his favorite movies of all time so he is excited to see it. i thought the show was great and look forward to seeing it again.

Broadway shows (found on Allure, Oasis, and Liberty) stay on board for 5 years while regular production shows stay on board for 3 years. Casts rotate on and off the ship at roughly 4 month intervals (performers have shorter contracts than other crew members). As stated above, other smaller type of shows change constantly, although maybe not weekly as some headliners or comedians stay on for multiple voyages depending on how RCI books them.

It seems like I've seen "City of Dreams" several times. Are you sure it's only 3 years...or maybe it transfers to other ships and stays for 3 again. That might be why it seems to me to be longer than 3.

I enjoyed the Piano Man show.

It seems like I've seen "City of Dreams" several times. Are you sure it's only 3 years...or maybe it transfers to other ships and stays for 3 again. That might be why it seems to me to be longer than 3.

I enjoyed the Piano Man show.

I've seen the same shows on Voyager at least since Jan 2007.

Broadway shows (found on Allure, Oasis, and Liberty) stay on board for 5 years while regular production shows stay on board for 3 years. Casts rotate on and off the ship at roughly 4 month intervals (performers have shorter contracts than other crew members). As stated above, other smaller type of shows change constantly, although maybe not weekly as some headliners or comedians stay on for multiple voyages depending on how RCI books them.

The leads roll off faster than that. They are not regular employees of the cruise line, they have special contracts. At least that is the way it was described to me by the Hairspray leads.

Tho' I don't know exactly how long, the ice shows stay the same for several years. In fact I have not seen a new ice show on any of the many cruises I have been on in the last 6 or 7 years. But I still love to watch them as the skaters do change and some are really amazing!

I was on Liberty last year and I am going again this november. I saw Saturday night fever and it was great. Now I see, its still the headlining show. Are the other ships having the same shows too?

Tell me about it....after 10X on Oasis I think I can be a stand-in:p

Tell me about it....after 10X on Oasis I think I can be a stand-in:p

That's funny! DW and I compare the current show cast to the previous one on the same ship.

We did the backstage tour a few cruises ago and were the only guests. Learned a lot more than we otherwise would have. One interesting fact was that the costumes are made for the first troupe and then are adjusted on board for replacement performers. They actually looked pretty ratty up close but were made to expand and contract as needed by the cast member who does additional duty as a seamstress.

That's funny! DW and I compare the current show cast to the previous one on the same ship.

We did the backstage tour a few cruises ago and were the only guests. Learned a lot more than we otherwise would have. One interesting fact was that the costumes are made for the first troupe and then are adjusted on board for replacement performers. They actually looked pretty ratty up close but were made to expand and contract as needed by the cast member who does additional duty as a seamstress.

LOLOL....that actually sounds pretty gross after the amount of sweat that the performers go thru in each show:eek:

LOLOL....that actually sounds pretty gross after the amount of sweat that the performers go thru in each show:eek:

I thought about that after I wrote this and realized that we didn't ask about the dry cleaning ;)

I'm sure they do that since the storage area back stage smelled ok!

Archived