BREAKAWAY - Peter Max design revealed!!!

tokidoki

WOW!!! That is a total "Breakway" from the usual hull art, but it's very cool.

Hi Barbara. We were on the Jewel with you early this year. Great voyage and Meet&Greet that you put together.

You can paint any ship I'm on any way you want as long as I am on it.

Hi Barbara. We were on the Jewel with you early this year. Great voyage and Meet&Greet that you put together.

You can paint any ship I'm on any way you want as long as I am on it.

Hi Paul! Great voyage, indeed, and so many truly wonderful folks in the cc group on that sailing, too. :)

I'm surprised at how surprised everyone is! Since they announced the bow art was to be by Peter Max, this is typical of his work.

Peter Max is one of the great contemporary artists of the past 50 years. Now, I wouldn't expect everybody to know who he is by name, however, when a work of his is shown, most everyone will recognize the style and can immediately relate to it.

If you are a baby boomer, lived through/around the days of the Beatles, I'd find it extremely hard to believe you've never seen any of his work. Knowing Peter Max by name - that's a different issue.

Sorry but I'm in the "never heard of him" camp and truthfully don't care if I ever see any of his work after seeing this.

Well, there's hull art and then there's hull art. I think the Sun's is very tasteful and my favorite. The Sky's is very pretty. The rest is kind of meh. I'm a child of the 60s, and I like the Peter Max Breakaway art. I get that the ship is homeported in NY, which to many is the center of the universe. Fine by me. I don't like that ghastly rendering of the disembodied Statue of Liberty head, though. It rivals the stained glass depiction in the smaller of the Jewel's main dining rooms where Lady Liberty looks like she's just been on a 3-day booze cruise.

fog36q.jpg

I like this one!

You could always do the Bridge down the side and have the yellow submarine going beneath it ;)

Thanks

Now how did you get your picture 4x the size of the one I posted? Anytime I upload a jpg it always comes out small

For the most part I like the hull art on the existing NCL ships. This piece on NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY though looks like a three year old painted it. Not a big fan, at least from the rendering. Perhaps in person it will look better?

Ernie

Sorry but I'm in the "never heard of him" camp and truthfully don't care if I ever see any of his work after seeing this.

I've never heard of him until I went to an art auction on the POA. The lady running the auction acted like she was his number one fan.

OK, I simply skimmed over the first page of comments but I will say that I am going to start repeating DGP1111's mantra too.

It is all about the inside ....:eek:

Fingers crossed that this is some sort of PR stunt.

yes...the inside.

It's weird how the exterior of NCL ships more suits the interiors of CCL ships (Farcus-ized CCL ships)

Yuk to both....

But it definitely is more important that the interior be nice and I will just focus on that and sail Breakaway no matter how much I detest the name of the ship and the hull art.........

The worst hull art is on the Aida ships. Whoever thought giant lips and eyes on the front of the ship is an idiot.

I honestly don't see the point of hull art. NCL have a really slick ship design with the Breakaway, and the blue bow and the strange art spoils it. IMO.

The only hull art which I think looks good is the one on the Epic. It isn't in your face like this is, and looks pretty good.

Archived