Cruising Oasis...

livingitup

We have early dining but if we go to MDR on first night we will miss sailaway. This is my girlfriends first cruise and I really want her to experience sailaway. If I'm not mistaken the parade will also take place (correct me if wrong). Will we be missing anything grand in the MDR if we skip it on the first night?:confused:

We always choose early dining, and have never missed a sailaway. The ship leaves around 5pm, and dinner is at 6pm - the ship will be out in the open water by then.

What Donna said.

Just plan to be ready for muster drill prior to sail away, from muster drill head to sail away, by 6 PM you will be out at sea.

I also suggest when you get on the ship and start exploring, check out the MDR and your table location, so when you get there first night, no waiting for someone to show you to your table, just walk right in and head to your table.

Thanks all!! I think we can do it, sailaway and MDR dining after reading all of your comments. I thought about my time dining but I didnt want to get stuck with long waits for a table. All of our shows are scheduled between 8:30-9pm and I will be using my mobility scotter so getting an elevator after dinner is going to be a bit of a task.

We have early dining but if we go to MDR on first night we will miss sailaway. This is my girlfriends first cruise and I really want her to experience sailaway. If I'm not mistaken the parade will also take place (correct me if wrong). Will we be missing anything grand in the MDR if we skip it on the first night?:confused:
Na, only food.

OP, I completely understand where you are coming from. The ship does not always leave promptly at 5, if that is your departure time. One cruise, we were eating our dinner at Main Seating in the first night and the ship started moving! My husband yelped and we sprang up from our chairs and bolted out of the dining room! ha! Sailaway is important to us too, so now we choose to take dinner in the Windjammer buffet on the first night. It's very comfortable and relaxing, and has become a tradition with us. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

OP, I completely understand where you are coming from. The ship does not always leave promptly at 5, if that is your departure time. One cruise, we were eating our dinner at Main Seating in the first night and the ship started moving! My husband yelped and we sprang up from our chairs and bolted out of the dining room! ha! Sailaway is important to us too, so now we choose to take dinner in the Windjammer buffet on the first night. It's very comfortable and relaxing, and has become a tradition with us. :)

Enjoy your cruise.[/quot

No the ship does not always leave promptly. We left at 5:35. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

To funny...Thanks!! Gonna take me a chill pill and let it float. Really would mak it easier if we could do a B2B tough.

We had more than enough time to make early dining after sailaway. Unless for some reason the ship would happen to leave late, you should be able to do both easily.

Archived