Sometimes it pays to know a 2 Star Mariner !

localady

...So there are two sides to every story and you definitely need to do a lot of checking out
No worries Kazu. We can all do the math and see what the FREE CRUISE would cost! Loyalty has its price, no matter the cruise line. ;);)

We also think the HAL Mariner program is pretty good. We love the discounted wine packages as well as the Food & Wine subscription. But I posted the O info in response to Hawaiidan, who stated that Oceania didn't have a loyalty program, when in fact they do.

No worries Kazu. We can all do the math and see what the FREE CRUISE would cost! Loyalty has its price, no matter the cruise line. ;);)

We also think the HAL Mariner program is pretty good. We love the discounted wine packages as well as the Food & Wine subscription. But I posted the O info in response to Hawaiidan, who stated that Oceania didn't have a loyalty program, when in fact they do.

appreciated MQ:) and nice to see the other loyalty package too:D

I was aware of “geographic” pricing, of course – used to get much better prices through European travel agents until they put a stop to that. I wasn’t aware of this particular little gambit, however. I was so annoyed by it that I emailed the URL for this thread – with my comments. I suggest that others do the same. It’s not as though HAL’s Mariner program is much to write home about in the first instance (I’m three star – big whoop!); to find out that it’s just being used as a mechanism to abuse, rather than reward, customer loyalty greatly undermines my faith in the company. I will be a much more prudent shopper in the future. Perhaps it’s time to check out lines that Carnival DOESN’T own!

Thanks so much.....I now truly guaranteed accommodations on the poop deck during my next cruise.......:eek:

You think so? Have you calculated how many cruises you would have to do to get the free cruise:eek: Personally, I don't care for ship excursions so those have no value to me but that's just me:)

I far prefer a free laundry which I can use now (not necessarily raving about HAL's loyalty program) but - I'd rather have things I can use now than wonder if the time will come if I can have that free cruise:)

I've actually been Oceania's board (thanks to HawaiiDan) - no hot breakfast for room service unless you are in the high end suites:eek: all kinds of complaints on the boards that if HAL can do it why can't they?

So there are two sides to every story and you definitely need to do a lot of checking out

I agree, Kazu.

I don't care about the ship sponsored shore excursions most of the time and I definitely don't care about spa treatments. Their Canyon Ranch spa sessions would be a total waste for me.

My only point is no matter whatever any cruise line offers as repeater benefitrs, they will never please everyone.

I don't care about HAL's wine navigator packages. We have wine with dinner every night but never order from the Four Star Mariner Half price Navigator package. That's a wasted 'benefit' for us. The choices available are not to our taste. The one time we tried them, we cancelled the package immediately.

The celebrity Captains Club Benefits are so much better, plus easier to earn.

Elite Member Benefits*

(After 10 earned tier credits)**

Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event

Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing‡

One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

Complimentary 90 minute Internet package (can be applied towards a larger Internet package; some restrictions apply)

Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers' Cocktail Party)

Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)

Priority embarkation while boarding the ship (where available)

Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event

Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist

Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cocktail Party

Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation

Priority tender service status

Priority waitlist status for dining room seating

Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event

Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises

Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise

Complimentary upgrade from ChoiceAir® to ChoiceAir Plus when booking travel for your cruise

Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise

Annual member Reunion Cruise with additional member events

One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)

Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information

Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level

Lots of the Best of those benefits are amenities attached to Suites on HAL. It would be duplicated for those who book suites....... pay for something we would get for being high number day repeaters.

Sounds a little familiar. :D

Archived