new york hotels

doemichael

If you look down the board there are many comments and recommendations. A common one is to book in, for example, Secaucus, New Jersey, to save some serious money.

reading on down boards now , thanks

have found one in New Jersey that the price is good.

What airport are you arriving at? How many days and exact dates? Ship?

fliying into Newark, 11th June to 16 June for hotel.

TA reccommended staying time square/broadway area but the hotel would cost more than the flights from the UK so have decided to find another area.

Need somewhere that is good for public transport as we want to do all the normal site seeing and also see a show one night .

thanks for replies, have decided on New Jersey so will look at hotels over next few days, budget is about $150 per night as not planning to spend to much time in hotel as so much we want to see.

thinking of Ramada Jersey City as it has a free shuttle from airport which we thought handy, Reviews are good and bad but I know every hotel will have bad reviews.

thanks again

The Ramada in Jersey City has come up once or twice, but no one has posted about staying there. It's a 2* hotel but the Trip advisor reviews are excellent. For a budget traveler who wants to sightsee in Manhattan, the location 2 blocks from Path at Journal Square is HUGE. Easy to go either to 33rd and 6th at Herald Square by Macy's or to the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan.

The free airport shuttle will save you $$$$ and to get to your cruise in Manhattan you can take Path to midtown and a cab if you can manage your luggage.

If you do stay at this Ramada, please post back about your experience. Another hotel to check out would be the Robert Treat in Newark.

The Ramada in Jersey City has come up once or twice, but no one has posted about staying there. It's a 2* hotel but the Trip advisor reviews are excellent. For a budget traveler who wants to sightsee in Manhattan, the location 2 blocks from Path at Journal Square is HUGE. Easy to go either to 33rd and 6th at Herald Square by Macy's or to the World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan.

The free airport shuttle will save you $$$$ and to get to your cruise in Manhattan you can take Path to midtown and a cab if you can manage your luggage.

If you do stay at this Ramada, please post back about your experience. Another hotel to check out would be the Robert Treat in Newark.

thanks for that, was worried about the transport but you have put my mind at rest now.

started to look at flights yeaterday and by today they had increased by £50 each , about $75 so we got them booked today, do not want same happening with hotel so want to get it booked asap.

really excited now as have always wanted to go to NY

I haven't BEEN to that Ramada, but i have been past it....and it does seem to get decent reviews...it is just seemingly hard to get to (every time i go past there is a LOT of traffic on the roads nearby..and construction...luckily you're not driving....)

However, the price may be right .......and if you are just going to sleep there, might not be bad.....

the Best Western Robert Treat seems to be sold out...Hmmm.

Some of the Hilton brands near Newark airport (including the one IN downtown Newark, which is great for transit options) have decent rates, BUT they are all pay in advance which may be an issue...

rates are high, mainly due to being a mid-week arrival....even the Country Inn is pricing at 199/night...UGH

We're booked at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Harrison NY. Here's a link to my webpage for it: Hotel.

Check the page for information about signing up for Hilton Hotel MVP rates (learned about it here on cruisecritic.com) before you book. MVP rates at other Hilton Hotels too.

Also check the link for Trip Advisor reviews that discuss transportation and sightseeing options.

Nearby restaurants include Tops Diner, which has good online reviews.

We're booked at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Harrison NY. Here's a link to my webpage for it: Hotel.

Check the page for information about signing up for Hilton Hotel MVP rates (learned about it here on cruisecritic.com) before you book. MVP rates at other Hilton Hotels too.

Also check the link for Trip Advisor reviews that discuss transportation and sightseeing options.

Nearby restaurants include Tops Diner, which has good online reviews.

I think you mean Harrison NJ...:p;)

there IS a Harrison, NY but not close to EWR....

Since you have always wanted to visit New York City you should look for a hotel near Times Square . You may have to use Priceline , Hotwire or Travelzoo but you will get a hotel for a decent price . Times square especially for shows it is so convenient . We are staying there this week at theCassa Hotel for $170 . A few years ago we stayed at theTimes Square Sheraton for $150 ( Priceline ) .

hello

booked cruise and flights today so now need to find hotel. Looking advice on area of New York we should be looking for a hotel.

We want somewhere not to far out of city, any advice appreciated

Doe

I just went to New York for the first time last month and we stayed downtown and then in Jersey City.

Downtown New York we stayed at the Marriott East Side - 525 Lexington Avenue at 49th Street ... nice area as it is an easy walk to Central Park and Times Square.

In Jersey City we stayed at the Courtyard Jersey City Newport - 540 Washington Boulevard ... the Path train is walking distance from the hotel and you can take the Path train to New York World Trade Center, Ellis Island Statue of Liberty for just a couple of dollars.

I would stay at both of these hotels again!

we are going to New York in about a months time we booked at the staybridge Suites any one heard of this it is near times square:)

We are staying at the Staybridge next week - prior to joining Caribbean Princess on 15 September - will definitely post back a review - on Tripadvisor it looks great.

we are going to New York in about a months time we booked at the staybridge Suites any one heard of this it is near times square:)

Staybridge is great!! Very near Times Square and very conveniently located being mid-town. We have used the subway to get everywhere and it has been very easy even for us "foreigners". Hotel provides a good hot and cold breakfast and evening drinks on Tues-Thurs. Very clean, friendly hotel - huge free laundry so you can repack ready for the cruise with all clean clothes. Rooms have nice little kitchenette - handy for snacks. if you have any specific questions - just ask.

Staybridge is really a good choice, all of our friends who cruise from here stay either there or Homewood Suites in Edgewater Nj. This side of the Hudson in June is pretty booked solid there is the Formula I Grand Prix being held along the Hudson for the first time. Hotels if not completely booked along the Hudson and in Jersey City, Weehawken, Edgewtater may be very expensive.

Check hotwire

they are showing a 4 star midtown central during your nights for $119 plus tax

That area is just north of Times Square.

I booked a similar 4 star for our trip in march same area - ended up being Sheraton New York for $120 plus tax.

From the description, I believe it is the Sheraton that is available on your dates as well. So you could end up staying for around $150 a night all in in the heart of NYC about 7 blocks from times square

Archived