If you were to pick only 3 Specialty Restaurants?

Luv1204

We will be on the Oasis the begining of December and we are planing to do 3 Speciality Restaurants. I would like to make reservation sooner than later so we can reserve a table at prime time. We were thinking of doing either Chops, Giovanni's Table, Izumi or Solarium Bistro. How are each of these restaurants, which would be best for our anniversary dinner, and which one should we leave out. We love good food, good service and a nice atmosphere. Thanks in advance for your help.

We will be on the Oasis the begining of December and we are planing to do 3 Speciality Restaurants. We were thinking of doing either Chops, Giovanni's Table, Izumi or Solarium Bistro. How are each of these restaurants, which would be best for our anniversary dinner, and which one should we leave out. We love good food, good service and a nice atmosphere. Thanks in advance for your help.

I vote for Giovanni's Table. I haven't been to Chops or Izumi but Solarium Bistro wasn't that special in my mind. We only had lunch there so others may have better views on it.

Giovanni's was our favourite restaurant on the whole ship. Excellent service and very good food.

You are right, 150 Park does look Good too, so many choices, so little time! HELLLLLLLLLP

We did that one for our actual anniversary- we got to sit in the BIG chairs. It was great and very memorable.

the only other specialty one we did was the Chef's Table. Next time, we'll probably do Giovannis. Chops is GREAT, but just not our first choice of restaurants.

If you're doing three restaurants, you can consider the Central Park Package. For $65 a person, you can eat at Giovanni's Table, Chops and 150 Park. I think it's a 20% discount off doing all three individually.

The only catch is that you have to eat at Giovanni's Table on the first night and you can't book the other restaurants until your on board.

I did this for our 8/18/12 cruise. One of the first things I did on board was go make our reservations and surprisingly, had little problem doing so.

All were nice dining experiences. If you live near a big city and are used to really nice restaurants, I'm sure you'll find the atmosphere and the service outshine the food.

One note: our waiter convinced us to get the cucumber martini at 150 Park. A lot of people talk about it here and seemed to like it (it was refreshing) but the $34 price tag for two (including gratuities) was something I wished I'd known about in advance. I'd have put that towards a nice bottle of wine, it's more my style.

We also saved 150 Park for our last night and we had to be one of 5-6 tables seated for the evening. Both of the other restaurants were full on the other two evenings.

I looked into a few of the dining packages but you can only lock in the first nights time, we want to eat around 8:00ish. I would hate to get on board the ship and find out the only times that are left for our other 2 choices are 5:30. I would rather pay alittle more to lock in our prefered time.

I'll strongly recommend Giovanni's Table, Izumi and 150 Central Park

You can some pictures from those restaurants:

Oasis of the Seas -

Just watched your video. Awesome. Very cool music and wonderful pictures-Thanks

PS: Who is the band?

do you think Chops is in the same league as a Ruth Chris/Morton's or closer to a Longhorn/Outback?

Ambiance: Ruth Chris/Morton's

Food: Not even Longhorn/Outback

do you think Chops is in the same league as a Ruth Chris/Morton's or closer to a Longhorn/Outback?

Absolutely not even close to Ruth's Chris. The meat is neither Prime nor dry aged. I would compare it to Outback if I had to... but my steak wasn't even as good as what I've had there.

(we eat our steaks med-rare, which does make a difference in how people see quality at a steak house from my experience)

Archived