Carnival shuttle at end of cruise

ComeSailWithME

For those who have booked carnival transportation to take you to the airport after the cruise, were there certain times associated with it? Or did the shuttles run every so often?

We are docked at POM and flying out of FLL around 3 pm. We'd hoped to do an excursion after, but the only one available for FLL airport is too late for our flight (*shakes fist at our flight being changed to an hour early than our original booking*). Anyway.. we don't want to be sitting in an airport all day, either. Can we take our time getting off the ship and still make the shuttle?

They normally use a load an go schedule. Which of course would mean that if you wait you could miss it as there will only be so many shuttles to FLL. And although they should be waiting for bus to be full to leave. They also won't hold even the last one more then 15 to 20 mins. waiting on just a few passangers

I think SAS shuttle is the best way to go, they will pick you up for cheap. they also do share a ride if you cant fill your own shuttle.

For such a little savings, unless you have a family group, its not worth renting a car to me. Im solo, thats the only reason I had done the cruiseline shuttle, just wasnt worth trying to set up the shuttle even, no real savings for 1 person. For 2 I might.. for a family, ok maybe its worth the work of renting a car, but not to me.

Save your money and rent a car. The car rental place will pick you up as soon as you dock, rent a car and drive to the airport yourself. We have done it on multiple trips and for under 30 for a car load of people its the best way to go.

This was my first options, since we are renting a car to get from FLL>POM the day of the cruise.. but the return car rental is actually 3x that amount for any car rental place that offers shuttle service.

I think SAS shuttle is the best way to go, they will pick you up for cheap. they also do share a ride if you cant fill your own shuttle.

For such a little savings, unless you have a family group, its not worth renting a car to me. Im solo, thats the only reason I had done the cruiseline shuttle, just wasnt worth trying to set up the shuttle even, no real savings for 1 person. For 2 I might.. for a family, ok maybe its worth the work of renting a car, but not to me.

Yes I agree. I used SAS shuttle a couple of times going to and from the cruise port, they are very quick on pick and drop off. About 15.00 dollars plus tip one way. However their service only leaves from FLL to the ports.

Gary

Taxis are readily available at POM and reasonably priced. And they leave as soon as you get in. No waiting for a hot bus to completely fill up.

A taxi is also cheaper than the shuttle to/from POM. Unless the rates have recently gone up, a taxi is $24.00 to/from MIA.

It's $230 to do that. No thanks! lol

I ended up just booking a rental car and we will spend the day in South Beach at our leisure. Somehow the rates today were about $40 less than yesterday.

An FYI for next time: check the fine print on your airline ticket. If the flight changes by more than 1 1/2 hours, you can request a change at no charge to you. That happened to us last year, it was even a reward ticket and we ended up getting a better flight time (which would have cost us more points than we originally used) at no extra cost to us. It was a Delta flight.

We are a party of 6 and were going to do the Carnival shuttle after our cruise but I decided not to. I'd rather stay on the ship and be the last off, THEN make our way to the airport. We have an afternoon flight and I'm in no rush to get off the ship. After I booked the shuttle, I was afraid we'd get a 7:30am meet time but would rather start venturing to the airport around 10am. We did that last time on the Liberty out of Miami and were able to sit at a table in the lido buffet.

It's $230 to do that. No thanks! lol

I ended up just booking a rental car and we will spend the day in South Beach at our leisure. Somehow the rates today were about $40 less than yesterday.

Can you tell us which car rental place you used. We are doing the same - flying into FLL and sailing out of POM, but with 4 people. Not even sure we could all fit + suitcases. Probably will use SAS for the trip down just to avoid hassles on the day of sailaway, but we are staying an extra day after the cruise, and a rental car might be nice. Thanks

An FYI for next time: check the fine print on your airline ticket. If the flight changes by more than 1 1/2 hours, you can request a change at no charge to you. That happened to us last year, it was even a reward ticket and we ended up getting a better flight time (which would have cost us more points than we originally used) at no extra cost to us. It was a Delta flight.

We booked a later flight out of San Juan because it was less expensive but I kept eyeing that 1:40pm flight - I could get home and it's still daylight! Then, all of a sudden, they moved our flight 10 minutes LATER (we would now be leaving at 3:50pm). Since we had NOTHING scheduled in San Juan that day I couldn't see sitting around the airport for hours and hours after our cruise. So I called US Airways and asked if they could move my flight earlier, since they moved my flight later (10 minutes :p) I kept getting NO and finally, after the third try, I got a reservationist who was more than happy to change our flights -- for free! There were 6 of us and it would have cost me over $1k in change fees and airfare difference.

So, be persistant if they change your scheduled and you want an earlier flight! I was prepared to go early and fly standby for $25 per ticket.

It was only change by 75 minutes.. they know what they are doing! lol

Can you tell us which car rental place you used. We are doing the same - flying into FLL and sailing out of POM, but with 4 people. Not even sure we could all fit + suitcases. Probably will use SAS for the trip down just to avoid hassles on the day of sailaway, but we are staying an extra day after the cruise, and a rental car might be nice. Thanks

Sure. I had a thread about it yesterday.. I was finding a lot of conflicting information and not get responses from the places. We settled with Hertz. The 229 Southeast 2nd Ave location, which is 5 minutes from the port. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes the day of the cruise and the returning.

Archived