Would upsell fairy call twice?

hannahsmomtoo

A few weeks ago I turned down an upsell...

and then today, a couple minutes ago.. I missed a second call from Carnival...

Would the upsell fairy call a second time?

The ways of the upsell fairy are not for us mere mortals to understand. So, did she call again? Maybe, maybe not. Call back the number and see what you get.

I did.. it's just a carnival switchboard...

(not the 800# )

If it's a (305) area code then that is the upsell fairy.

Carnival called me a few weeks ago but I missed the call. Then I called the (305) number back, it went to central reservations at Carnival. When I told them someone from Carnival called, he looked up my reservation and said, "there's nothing different in your reservation, it was probably someone calling to see if you want an upgrade". When I asked what upgrade he looked at my reservation and quoted me the same price as online. I told him forget it, I could upgrade myself if I wanted, and that I have 2 other cabins on each side of me that would also have to upgrade if they want to move me.

I never heard from them again. The upsell fairy called on our last cruise and we upgraded from inside to balcony for an extra $200 total. Now THAT'S an upgrade fairy!!

It was the 305 #

BUT

I called and they said they have not called to upsell me since 8/23 ( which I turned down )

No notes on my account as to who called..

frustrating

and makes me a little nervous that something is wrong...

But I can't imagine what?

Then it was the upsell fairy. I don't think the put anything in the notes.

When I called back the guy said he didn't see anything in notes as to why someone called. I had him check my cabin numbers, thinking that they moved me without asking and nope, still have our same cabin numbers.

First of all...

Check all rates that you qualify for above your current category of cabin. IF there is anything that interests you.

Call who/How ever you booked and ask to be upgraded to that cabin category. Up sell fairy called us for our cruise in March and we did it. Went from 4J to a Balcony. In conversations and an attempt to negotiate he told me he could only match published rates...

I actually found one rate better than he was offering with a resident rate.

First of all...

Check all rates that you qualify for above your current category of cabin. IF there is anything that interests you.

Call who/How ever you booked and ask to be upgraded to that cabin category. Up sell fairy called us for our cruise in March and we did it. Went from 4J to a Balcony. In conversations and an attempt to negotiate he told me he could only match published rates...

I actually found one rate better than he was offering with a resident rate.

Good info.. but I am happy with out 8E lido balcony.. I turned down an ocean Suite a few weeks ago..

I just didnt know they would call twice !! Weird !

I also bought travel insurance from an external source ( not CCL ) so they may have been calling selling THAT....

It was the 305 #

BUT

I called and they said they have not called to upsell me since 8/23 ( which I turned down )

No notes on my account as to who called..

frustrating

and makes me a little nervous that something is wrong...

But I can't imagine what?

LMAO!!! You crack me up with your super worrying powers! I promise, everything is going to be okay! ;)

Though I do want a trip review when you get back just to make sure I was right. :eek:;)

Good info.. but I am happy with out 8E lido balcony.. I turned down an ocean Suite a few weeks ago..

I just didnt know they would call twice !! Weird !

I also bought travel insurance from an external source ( not CCL ) so they may have been calling selling THAT....

That's what I was thinking too when I called back. We are in a 9C aft wrap and the ocean suites are just about $100-$200 more per person than what I paid for the wrap. I looked online and saw there was 1 ocean suite available, so I am assuming they wanted to upsell me. HECK NO! I even told the guy at Carnival, DON'T call me or move me to an ocean suite, I have 2 other cabins connected in my booking and if you move me, you'll have to move them.

There is still one ocean suite available. I guess no one in the aft-wraps want an upgrade?!? :p

LMAO!!! You crack me up with your super worrying powers! I promise, everything is going to be okay! ;)

Though I do want a trip review when you get back just to make sure I was right. :eek:;)

Mannnnn.. I KNEW you would show up and bust me !!!! :D

and a trip review? have you MET me? It will be an encyclopedia !!!! :D :D

If it's a (305) area code then that is the upsell fairy.

Carnival called me a few weeks ago but I missed the call. Then I called the (305) number back, it went to central reservations at Carnival. When I told them someone from Carnival called, he looked up my reservation and said, "there's nothing different in your reservation, it was probably someone calling to see if you want an upgrade". When I asked what upgrade he looked at my reservation and quoted me the same price as online. I told him forget it, I could upgrade myself if I wanted, and that I have 2 other cabins on each side of me that would also have to upgrade if they want to move me.

I never heard from them again. The upsell fairy called on our last cruise and we upgraded from inside to balcony for an extra $200 total. Now THAT'S an upgrade fairy!!

I actually just received a call from Carnival from the 305 area code. However it wasn't the upgrade fairy. It was just a nice lady from Carnival checking that we had everything in order for our trip that's coming up in the next couple of weeks. :):o

I actually just received a call from Carnival from the 305 area code. However it wasn't the upgrade fairy. It was just a nice lady from Carnival checking that we had everything in order for our trip that's coming up in the next couple of weeks. :):o

That could have been it too :)

That's what I was thinking too when I called back. We are in a 9C aft wrap and the ocean suites are just about $100-$200 more per person than what I paid for the wrap. I looked online and saw there was 1 ocean suite available, so I am assuming they wanted to upsell me. HECK NO! I even told the guy at Carnival, DON'T call me or move me to an ocean suite, I have 2 other cabins connected in my booking and if you move me, you'll have to move them.

There is still one ocean suite available. I guess no one in the aft-wraps want an upgrade?!? :p

We had an aft wrap booked on Conquest in 2010 with our sons in the next door aft balcony. Two days before sailing, the upsell fairy called to offer the four of us a grand suite for an additional $500. Now, we booked the cruise for the aft wrap - not for the ship, not for the itinerary. We said no. A couple of hours later, they called to make the same offer - but this time the sons' fares in the aft balcony would be credited as OBC. Couldn't say no to that one. I guess someone REALLY wanted that aft wrap.:D

They were probably trying to sell you insurance. I've gotten that call a few times. You can buy insurance up to the day you sail.

The first time that happened I was so excited when I saw Carnival on my caller ID, I thought I was getting the upsell call.

Ive gotten called too for this.. several times :(

once they called me to tell me my sister had not filled out the online boarding pass.

We had an aft wrap booked on Conquest in 2010 with our sons in the next door aft balcony. Two days before sailing, the upsell fairy called to offer the four of us a grand suite for an additional $500. Now, we booked the cruise for the aft wrap - not for the ship, not for the itinerary. We said no. A couple of hours later, they called to make the same offer - but this time the sons' fares in the aft balcony would be credited as OBC. Couldn't say no to that one. I guess someone REALLY wanted that aft wrap.:D

That's a GREAT offer, although I've been dreaming of the aft wrap, $$$ OBC would be nice too. I have the aft wrap, the aft next door and the premium on the other side, total of 6. They'd have to really offer us a lot to move.

Archived