Upper vs. trundle

EZcruiserfamily

They will push the twins together for you. We had a trundle for my son but they replaced it with a regular twin mattress because my son is 6'5, although the trundles are still quite small for an adult. Here is a pic for you to get an idea. Here is the trundle,

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/keystonemama/?action=view&current=Paradise2012Cruise019.jpg

Here is the twin....

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/keystonemama/?action=view&current=Paradise2012Cruise341.jpg

Happy Sailing,

My son slept on the trundle last week he is 5'11" and they had an add on piece that we attached at his feet end to make it longer then had a mattress on top. He actually liked sleeping on it and said he would do it again if it meant another cruise that he could go on, no surprise there. Check out your room and then talk to the room steward he may or may not be able to give you a trundle for the space if it already has sleeping for 4.

They will push the twins together for you. We had a trundle for my son but they replaced it with a regular twin mattress because my son is 6'5, although the trundles are still quite small for an adult. Here is a pic for you to get an idea. Here is the trundle,

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/keystonemama/?action=view&current=Paradise2012Cruise019.jpg

Here is the twin....

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/keystonemama/?action=view&current=Paradise2012Cruise341.jpg

Happy Sailing,

good picture of a trundle where you can clearly see it is shorter than a regular twin.

someone said they got a add on .. first I have heard of these.. but Id prefer a regular mattres .. not almost on the floor

thanks for the picture.

A trundle is good for those under 4'6".

I find the uppers comfortable.

If you will be having a rollaway think about having the lowers apart. One under the window and the other under the bunk. Visually the cabin will be bigger and have much more walking around room.

We use a 6pocket holder on the hook next to the bunk as a nightstand. I do not want to get down just for a kleenex.

good picture of a trundle where you can clearly see it is shorter than a regular twin.

someone said they got a add on .. first I have heard of these.. but Id prefer a regular mattres .. not almost on the floor

thanks for the picture.

Thanks, I took these pics on purpose because I could never find a good pic to give me an idea. I never heard of an add on either, wonder what that looks like. :confused: I agree on the regular mattress, compared in person, the trundle looked uncomfortable.

I just booked a 3 pax inside on the Imagination. Didn't know that there was no 3rd bed, but a trundle instead (I didn't read the fine print when I did the fake booking before I called Carnival to book and the lady who booked me didn't tell me either). DH and I are in the inside next door and our 3 kids will be in the trundle room. When I discovered this little nugget of info, I called the lady (I guess my new PVP) back to switch cabins and she assured me that it would be absolutely perfect for my 3 teens. I was also concerned about floor space with 2 twins and a trundle, but she also promised that the steward would put it back under the bed during the day and pull it out at night. All the pictures I've seen here (on CC) show it out and made up and it looks like it doesn't get 'put away' during the day. Is this right?

I just booked a 3 pax inside on the Imagination. Didn't know that there was no 3rd bed, but a trundle instead (I didn't read the fine print when I did the fake booking before I called Carnival to book and the lady who booked me didn't tell me either). DH and I are in the inside next door and our 3 kids will be in the trundle room. When I discovered this little nugget of info, I called the lady (I guess my new PVP) back to switch cabins and she assured me that it would be absolutely perfect for my 3 teens. I was also concerned about floor space with 2 twins and a trundle, but she also promised that the steward would put it back under the bed during the day and pull it out at night. All the pictures I've seen here (on CC) show it out and made up and it looks like it doesn't get 'put away' during the day. Is this right?

Since we had a larger twin ours was left out and made up each day, but the trundle will slide easily back under the bed if you need it too, just tell your steward if thats what you prefer.

My 5' 11 son is comfortable on the upper bunk. The trundles are short and low to the floor. I don't know about the Imagination but our three kids wound up booked into a cabin on the Victory that only had 2 twin beds. They couldn't find a trundle and ultimately found a roll away (Christmas cruise- absolute chaos due to storms and delayed planes into San Juan). However, their room had the twins pushed up against adjoining corners, and when the rollaway was set up the kids had to crawl over another kid (these are adult sized kids) to get to the bathroom. It wasn't ideal, for sure.

Since that trip we've made sure to get them a room that has at least one upper so everyone has a bed, and they've all been comfortable on the upper bunk at some point.

I didn't switch cabins...was going to switch them, yesterday, to an OV with the 3rd bed being an upper. My SIL booked, last night, and took the last available OV for 3 pax near my inside cabins that I booked. She was going to let us switch to that if we wanted it, but my PVP talked me into keeping our inside with the trundle. I told SIL to go ahead and book it. My SIL has an 8 year old DD and her DH in their cabin and they didn't want the trundle either. I will keep watching the cabins and see if another OV comes available...I find it hard to believe that 11 months out and my SIL took the last 3 pax OV on main deck aft (I think there is 1 available over on the port side). I also did fake booking for the 3 day cruise after our 4 day (thinking of booking as a B2B and surprise B-day present for DH) and the exact cabins that SIL and I (plus the couple other 3 PX insides) are the same exact cabins available on the 3 day. So, did they just release a handful of the same cabins on all the cruises and maybe some others will be released down the line? That's what I'm hoping. Otherwise, one of my twin DDs (who will be 14 then and are currently 5ft 6in) will sleep on the trundle. I will try to get a roll away, but not keen on all the space it'll take up...oh well, I won't be in there.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!!!!!

Thanks for the great responses here! It really helped me figure out our bed situation/ configuration in advance. I think I'll be fine in an upper with DD in the other. DH and MIL will get the twin beds. Too bad they don't have the couch converting to a bed, that's what I originally envisioned.

Archived