Is it really THAT bad

KPfromCT

:eek:Was just reading all of the recent reviews of the Breeze, and now I'm not so sure this will be the right cruise for us. She is only a few months old, and the reviews are awful, ie; stained carpets, lines EVERYWHERE, for EVERYTHING, broken ice cream machines, LINES EVERYWHERE. Do you think it's just because she is so new and they need work all of the kinks out? The largest Carnival ship we have been on is the Pride, and we had no issues with lines, etc. I really wanted to book the Breeze for April, but am now a little nervous. The Magic is my second choice and she seems to get AWESOME reviews. Cannot wait until the Breeze comes to the US and get some other opinions. What do you think?:confused::confused:

Hi Susie!! I read them right here on Cruise Critic. If you just google Reviews of the carnival Breeze it pops up CC, or just search up in the top right. Let me know what you think. The ONE star reviews are just depressing.

Hi Susie!! I read them right here on Cruise Critic. If you just google Reviews of the carnival Breeze it pops up CC, or just search up in the top right. Let me know what you think. The ONE star reviews are just depressing.

Going now to read...thank you:o

:eek:Was just reading all of the recent reviews of the Breeze, and now I'm not so sure this will be the right cruise for us. She is only a few months old, and the reviews are awful, ie; stained carpets, lines EVERYWHERE, for EVERYTHING, broken ice cream machines, LINES EVERYWHERE. Do you think it's just because she is so new and they need work all of the kinks out? The largest Carnival ship we have been on is the Pride, and we had no issues with lines, etc. I really wanted to book the Breeze for April, but am now a little nervous. The Magic is my second choice and she seems to get AWESOME reviews. Cannot wait until the Breeze comes to the US and get some other opinions. What do you think?:confused::confused:

The majority of the reviews on there are 4 and 5 stars .... by far. Why are u focusing only on the 1 star ones? Are you one of those people who wants to worry and fret and nitpick your way through your vacation? I feel sorry for your travelling companions if so. It is a BRAND new ship - its going to be amazing. :rolleyes:

The majority of the reviews on there are 4 and 5 stars .... by far. Why are u focusing only on the 1 star ones? Are you one of those people who wants to worry and fret and nitpick your way through your vacation? I feel sorry for your travelling companions if so. It is a BRAND new ship - its going to be amazing. :rolleyes:

Absolutely, NOT! I am the most easy going person you would ever meet. I'm not that person that nitpicks,or complains about ANYTHING. However, with that being SAID, I don't want to drop $4K on a cruise and have a miserable time, either! WOW! No need to jump down my throat. I just don't consider standing in line for EVERYTHING, ALL DAY, an enjoyable vacation. Geez.

After reading a few reviews on CC recently (different cruise line), I've decided to ignore the reviews on this site and make up my own mind. Sometimes you can read two completely differing opinions about the exact same cruise (one person says it was the best cruise ever while another says it was the cruise from hell). Opinions are like butts - everyone's got one! I've read some reviews on here and some things that people have claimed happened (shorts, singlets, incorrect footwear in MDR) on their cruise, just wouldn't happen (I've seen them enforcing the rules on the same ship the claim was made about). Some people are NEVER gonna be happy. That's their problem! I'll be busy booking the cruises I wanna go on and making up my own mind, regardless of whether they enjoyed their cruise or not. If I don't enjoy it, well I won't go again. But it'd have to be a pretty awful cruise for me to not enjoy it (or at least some part of it). :)

Why are you focusing on the 4 reviews that were 1 star?

There have been 50 member reviews of the Breeze here is the rating breakdown:

Not Rated = 1

1 Star = 4

2 Star = 0

3 Star = 12

4 Star = 10

5 Star = 17

5+ Star = 6

So not only do the vast majority of people like the ship, 66% of the reviews have better than an average rating of 3 star.

The only reason I read 1 star reviews is to get a good laugh at how ridiculous most of them are. I find the reviewers are either completely generalizing or exagerating the facts, or are such uninformed or demanding guests as to completely invalidate what they claim was their experience.

In fact many of the bad reviews I believe are bogus and complete fabrications.

After reading a few reviews on CC recently (different cruise line), I've decided to ignore the reviews on this site and make up my own mind. Sometimes you can read two completely differing opinions about the exact same cruise (one person says it was the best cruise ever while another says it was the cruise from hell). Opinions are like butts - everyone's got one! I've read some reviews on here and some things that people have claimed happened (shorts, singlets, incorrect footwear in MDR) on their cruise, just wouldn't happen (I've seen them enforcing the rules on the same ship the claim was made about). Some people are NEVER gonna be happy. That's their problem! I'll be busy booking the cruises I wanna go on and making up my own mind, regardless of whether they enjoyed their cruise or not. If I don't enjoy it, well I won't go again. But it'd have to be a pretty awful cruise for me to not enjoy it (or at least some part of it). :)

Well said, FINETUNEIT!! You are right....We will just take our chances and hope for the BEST!!! You are 100% correct, because some of the complaints on here make me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thanks for the positive feedback!!!!

I am always amazed at how bold and rude people can get when they're behind a computer screen...smh.

@finetuneit ... I haven't sailed on that ship, but I'm also looking at a future sailing. I hope others chime in for you!

I remember reading a lot of negative reviews of the Dream before i decided to sail on it anyways. It's the biggest Carnival ship i've ever sailed, and you know what, i didn't see any difference at all in the line-ups vs a smaller ship. I think some people complain a lot or maybe they always go in lines during peak hours. For example, i never go to lunch right at noon, and the lines were ok. As you can see from my signature, i'm booked on the Breeze for March, so those remarks doesn't stress me out the least bit.

ps: On a side note, a few years ago, i sailed on the Valor, which is considered a smaller ship, and that's the cruise where i felt i've waited the longest in lines.

Another example, boarding the Miracle in New York took several hours, while boarding a sister ship, the Legend, in Tampa took about 20 minutes.

Go ahead, book the cruise you want and enjoy yourself!!

I had the same worry when we went on the Magic. Read reviews of the same issues, but by the time we went (about a year after its debut) issues were ironed out. As always, a cruise is what you make it. Biggest issue on our Magic cruise...people rushing everywhere....WHY?! Its a boat people you can only go so far, just to come back again:rolleyes:

Let me just add my perspective regarding lines.

I sailed on the Dream when it was new and there were definite crowding issues in the Buffet area, and especially during peak times.

Those issues were rectified during the building of the Magic. When I sailed on that ship this last March, I was amazed at how spreadout everything seemed. With the addition of the Plaza cafe, the BBQ on the Lanai, the Red Frog Pub and Cucina del Capitano, there are plenty of extra dining venues for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

From what I've seen of the layout of the Breeze and the continued tweaking and addition of new dining venues like the new Sushi restaurant, I'm expecting it to be my new favorite 2nd choice ship when I sail on her in January. 2nd choice only because she is so far away and the Magic is at my homeport.

It baffles me why people ignore all the good things said and then get all excited and ask.. is this or that ship really that bad.. when no one reading it thinks it is bad at all, just the OP.

Its they way the ask this question kinda gets my goat.. they ASSUME its bad after reading a bad review .. is it really that bad.. how bad ?? makes no sense they ask it this way.

Why not say .. I read this ..is it true. and be specific if you read a bad review.

OF COURSE BREEZE IS NOT A BAD SHIP.

I was on the Aug.2nd sailing of the Breeze. She is a beautiful ship, very well laid out. I don't know about the lines you're talking about; our ship sailed beyond capacity and I never encountered any lines longer than a few people. I also didn't notice any stained carpets, the ship was immaculate. The only things that myself and my family were not thrilled with was the size of the pools and the boring menus and slow service in the main dining room. We actually ate at the steakhouse one night and the cuchina on two nights. Both specialty restaurants were wonderful. I wouldn't be worried about selecting the Breeze.... she's a great ship and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

It baffles me why people ignore all the good things said and then get all excited and ask.. is this or that ship really that bad.. when no one reading it thinks it is bad at all, just the OP.

Its they way the ask this question kinda gets my goat.. they ASSUME its bad after reading a bad review .. is it really that bad.. how bad ?? makes no sense they ask it this way.

Why not say .. I read this ..is it true. and be specific if you read a bad review.

Firefly333, That really is HOW I meant for it to come across. Obviously she is GORGEOUS. I guess I just expect it, being a brand new ship, that all of the reviews would be AMAZING. Wishful thinking, I guess. Sorry to have come across the wrong way. I usually respect your opinions/comments.

I was on the Aug.2nd sailing of the Breeze. She is a beautiful ship, very well laid out. I don't know about the lines you're talking about; our ship sailed beyond capacity and I never encountered any lines longer than a few people. I also didn't notice any stained carpets, the ship was immaculate. The only things that myself and my family were not thrilled with was the size of the pools and the boring menus and slow service in the main dining room. We actually ate at the steakhouse one night and the cuchina on two nights. Both specialty restaurants were wonderful. I wouldn't be worried about selecting the Breeze.... she's a great ship and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Thanks Monkey30!!! I hate dwelling on the BAD/NEGATIVE reviews, but sometimes it's hard NOT to. I'm sure it will be a GREAT cruise!!!!

I COMPLETELY agree with what okgirl has said in her post. I too sailed the Dream in her early career and hated the feel. It was of course over Thanksgiving and the ship was packed including 1500 kids! Crowds everywhere with continuous lineups at the buffet.

I later sailed the Miracle. It was so much better. Carnival implemented changes with new food venues. The experience was so much better. Lesson learned. When sailing a new class of ship, expect to be a guinea pig. It's better to wait till they take the bugs out.

Firefly333, That really is HOW I meant for it to come across. Obviously she is GORGEOUS. I guess I just expect it, being a brand new ship, that all of the reviews would be AMAZING. Wishful thinking, I guess. Sorry to have come across the wrong way. I usually respect your opinions/comments.

I think that is a common misconception.......I was VERY surprised on the inaugural voyage of the Freedom....what I thought would be a new sparkly absolutely perfect ship was far from it.....There were various area's that weren't even finished. The windows still had manufacturers stickers on them......a lot of the brass accents still had the blue protective film on them.....the waitstaff was completely out of sync, they had never worked together before and simply didn't have the rhythm down yet......it was still a great cruise, but I probably wouldn't sail on an inaugural voyage again, or at least gear down my expectations......

When I was on the Dream, she was only about 5 months old and most of the flow issues wouldn't be addressed until much later......then on the Magic, she had been in service for almost a year and not only were the design issues addressed but the crew had a more cohesive feel to their routine........The Breeze will be about 7 months old when I sail on her and I'm very excited about the improvements that Carnival continues to build into their new ships.

I know, Id just like the question more specific if you have some concern.

This is so vague .. how can someone respond really?

All ships have lines, and if you hit it wrong, the lines can be bad. We have all run into this.

Cruising just had lines .. I now avoid things such as the give aways and drawings for this very reason.

I am very much looking forward to my week on Magic.

I am always amazed at how bold and rude people can get when they're behind a computer screen...smh.

The OP took what was said in a small handful of reviews and started a whole thread on here worrying about whether she should cancel her cruise over "all the bad reviews" the Breeze got (there were about 4 out of 50 - the overwhelming majority were very good reviews). To me that is very silly. As is going on a cruise on a large ship with thousands of people .. and being flipped out about standing in lines for things.

BTW .. what's "smh" mean ?

Dream went thru the same kind of reviews. Now it seems everyone loves her. She is just to big for me as is the Breeze.

It sort of reminds me of what we say at work. "The boss can give you can give you a hundred pat on the backs, but if you make one screw-up, he'll remember that forever".

Archived