Riviera laundry?

FlipperRae

We were directly across from the laundry door on Marina, and I believe Riviera has exactly the same layout. At first I was concerned about noise, but found it to be no problem, because there is actually a small "ante-room" entry from both port and starboard halls, then an interior laundry room door. And yes, it is easy to run across at 7 or 7:30 (I can't remember which) when the laundry first opens to slip a load in while you get ready for the day.

• 1 month later...
It is free for the soap

If you like fabric sheets bring your own

It's free for the soap. The soap dispenser was a pain in the ***. I am bringing my own soap tablets this time around. Bring your own fabric sheets. Oceania didn't have them.

I suspect we will need to do laundry on our trip since we are doing 5 days in Barcelona before the cruise starts.

Great thread - thanks for the info.

I have done laundry several times when I have arrived on the ship (usually come from elsewhere as I will in December) its a pleasure, as I have found no one uses the laundry the first couple of days..

Jancruz1

It's free for the soap. The soap dispenser was a pain in the ***.

It is not as easy as on the R-ships but I did not have a problem on Marina

Put the cup under the dispenser then pour it in the machine dispenser cup

Is it different on Riviera?

Lyn

It is not as easy as on the R-ships but I did not have a problem on Marina

Put the cup under the dispenser then pour it in the machine dispenser cup

Is it different on Riviera?

Lyn

I never did laundry on the Marina. On the Riviera, the tube that dispenses the soap is very long and when you try to disengage the cup there is always soap spillage. There is a towel they that is left on the floor under the dispenser to catch the spill.

I never did laundry on the Marina. On the Riviera, the tube that dispenses the soap is very long and when you try to disengage the cup there is always soap spillage. There is a towel they that is left on the floor under the dispenser to catch the spill.

AHHH ok

maybe will take my own then ;)

AHHH ok

maybe will take my own then ;)

I seem to remember the detergent used aboard is specially formulated to not pollute, since the water does, ultimately go back into the ocean. So you may want to check about using your own. Someone else can comment further regarding this.

I seem to remember the detergent used aboard is specially formulated to not pollute, since the water does, ultimately go back into the ocean.

Yes you are correct

I use Berry Plus very eco friendly

Lyn

We have just returned from Marina. We were directly opposite the laundry and my wife did use it first thing in the morning at 7.30 in her dressing gown. Tokens cost $2 for a 25min wash and $2 for a 45min dry. This seemed sufficient to cover all our washing needs. Tokens are available in the room via a vending machine which takes $1, $5 and $10 but gives no change. You can also get them from Guest services or if in a suite your butler will get them for you.

Archived