Is there an advantage to owning RCCL shares anymore???

Marken

We are shareholders, purchased them years ago to enjoy shipboard credits when we sail. In the last few years they have basically taken all the advantages away. The shipboard credit that goes with the shares is combineable with NOTHING!! Not the savings certificates, not the balcony diamond discount, not the onboard booking bonus - nothing.

Can anyone tell me please why I should keep them. If you are as frustrated as I am please start writing RCCL maybe we can get this turned around to the way it used to be.

We are shareholders, purchased them years ago to enjoy shipboard credits when we sail. In the last few years they have basically taken all the advantages away. The shipboard credit that goes with the shares is combineable with NOTHING!! Not the savings certificates, not the balcony diamond discount, not the onboard booking bonus - nothing.

Can anyone tell me please why I should keep them. If you are as frustrated as I am please start writing RCCL maybe we can get this turned around to the way it used to be.

You can still use the shareholder benefit for OBC on oceanview staterooms. The OBC from the shareholder benefit is $50 for a 3/4 day cruise, while the OBC from booking on board is only $25 for a 3/4 day cruise. Other than that, not very useful anymore.

To me, there was no point in keeping them. We have just booked our last cruise before Diamond and the balcony discount is twice the OBC for stockhlders bebfit, Also we sometimes book futures cruises and get OBC form that. Since stock OBC is not combineable we got last week. We bought it near peak and at a price which it will never grt to again. At least the stock loss will help at income tax time!:p

I've thought about dumping mine, too. However, I've used it on Celebrity that doesn't have a balcony discount when I've had nothing else to use a couple of times. It pays a piddly dividend now, though.

I bought Royal around $32 way back when. When it tanked, I got 100 more shares at $15 (wish I'd held off because it went down to around $6 later) and sold off the $32 at a loss and took a tax deduction. I've "made" about $1,500 tax free dollars on it with OBC when it was combinable over the years. As long as it stays around $22, I'll come out even on the "investment."

Tucker in Texas

Archived