What is your favorite foundation

Uri1961

Another Bare Essential fan! :)

JUST put this on another thread below....

So, just copied onto here:

For years only use bare essentials...but, just tried Physician’s Formula Mineral Face Powder (drugstore brand). Someone told me about it and since it is about half the price I thought I'd give it a shot. So far I really like it, but, have only been using a few weeks.

Bare Escentuals and Laura Gellar!!!

Used BE for years and love it. But lately I have been using LG because it comes like a pressed compact powder. Less messy:D

I see that BE has a new product, READY foundation. Pressed compact. Yayyyy!!!! I will try this next as my LG is almost gone.

Has anyone here tried the READY foundation????

Ive tried mineral makeup....several times. And, several varieties....Bare Minerals, Jane Iredale, Youngblood, Lancome, Laura Mercier. It tends to "separate" on my skin by the end of the day.....looks blotchy, especially in hot weather.

Giogio Armani (Lasting Silk) and Double Wear by Estee Lauder seem to look natural, no matter the weather.

Bare Escentuals and Laura Gellar!!!

Used BE for years and love it. But lately I have been using LG because it comes like a pressed compact powder. Less messy:D

I see that BE has a new product, READY foundation. Pressed compact. Yayyyy!!!! I will try this next as my LG is almost gone.

Has anyone here tried the READY foundation????

I love the new BE ready foundation!! Also the new mineral veil, pressed shadows, and blushes. Tried the line before and had issues with all day coverage, plus so messy for travel. But, the new pressed formula covers

beautifully and lasts til I wash it off. My skin looks better than it has in 30 years.

I love the new BE ready foundation!! Also the new mineral veil, pressed shadows, and blushes. Tried the line before and had issues with all day coverage, plus so messy for travel. But, the new pressed formula covers

beautifully and lasts til I wash it off. My skin looks better than it has in 30 years.

Just got back from Ulta. Purchased the READY foundation. Had a young lady double check the shade for me. Yep, still medium beige!!!

Will try it out tomorrow!!! The small amount she applied on me to test the color looked great. We will see how my entire face looks with it;)

Just got back from Ulta. Purchased the READY foundation. Had a young lady double check the shade for me. Yep, still medium beige!!!

Will try it out tomorrow!!! The small amount she applied on me to test the color looked great. We will see how my entire face looks with it;)

Be sure to use the primer and let it dry completely before applying. :)

I like Everyday Minerals for casual everyday wear, Dermablend for days where I want heavier coverage. If I want to look my absolute best, I'll use L'Oreal Studio Secrets face primer before either.

Although I don't use Dermablend all over daily, I do use it daily to cover my under eye area. It makes a huge difference for me.

:)

I've been using Loreal Color Match for about 3 years now. It works well for me.

I am always nervous about going places where they "match" your skin tone. It amazes mw how many experts really don't know the difference between cool and warm skin tones. With Loreal, I wear warm #3, and it is perfect. When I have a picture taken, you don't see that subtle change in color from where the make up begins/ends,it blends so well. It's light and just enough to even out my skin tone.

I will try Bare Minerals one of these days, as long as I can convince them that I have a warm skin tone. It may be light, but it is warm, not cool.

I've been using Loreal Color Match for about 3 years now. It works well for me.

I am always nervous about going places where they "match" your skin tone. It amazes mw how many experts really don't know the difference between cool and warm skin tones. With Loreal, I wear warm #3, and it is perfect. When I have a picture taken, you don't see that subtle change in color from where the make up begins/ends,it blends so well. It's light and just enough to even out my skin tone.

I will try Bare Minerals one of these days, as long as I can convince them that I have a warm skin tone. It may be light, but it is warm, not cool.

You're so right about the skin tone match issue. It took me years to find something that worked for me.

I like Everyday Minerals for casual everyday wear, Dermablend for days where I want heavier coverage. If I want to look my absolute best, I'll use L'Oreal Studio Secrets face primer before either.

Although I don't use Dermablend all over daily, I do use it daily to cover my under eye area. It makes a huge difference for me.

I hadn't thought to try Dermablend as a concealer....but now I will!!:D

BBM

Love this stuff! Don't know how I ever lived without it!!

I've tried all the mineral foundations out there, and either they cannot match my skin tone & color or it matches, then turns yellow, or gets blotchy. Foundations frequently change colors on me within 10 minutes. I had used an Arbonne foundation, but they reformulized & changed their colors & none matched anymore. Had also used Clinique Superfit and they had production issues a few years ago, then discontinued it. I looked high & low, mixed my own colors, etc, until I found Covergirl Luxe. Great coverage, stays on (even in my late 40s, I still have somewhat oily skin - but no wrinkles), and matches. I am interested in looking at some of the new BBs (beauty balms) out there.

Archived