Ever booked Teppanyaki On Board?

katiepe

So I am 45 days out today and already can not book Teppanyaki for any of the days of our October Spirit sailing.

Do you think we would ever get a reservation once we board? Do they ever add reservation times later.

DH really wanted to do this:(

So I am 45 days out today and already can not book Teppanyaki for any of the days of our October Spirit sailing.

Do you think we would ever get a reservation once we board? Do they ever add reservation times later.

NCL only makes available a limited number of reservations available for advance on-line reservations. Once you board, try again ASAP and you will find other time slots open. If you are in a suite, the concierge should be able to get you in if you do it soon enough.

We have booked it on board on our last two cruises. One on the Jewel in May and last week on the Star.

We booked while on board for the night we wanted to go. (We booked earlier in the day for that night).

I have noticed that Teppanyaki seems to be the only specialty restaurant on all of the cruises we've been on that seems to sell out before the others. Although, I have noticed there are always times available throughout the cruise.

If it's something you have to do, I would book to stay on the safe side. :)

When you get on the ship, immediately dial 050 and that is the number to make all specialty reservations.

When we went some years ago we got the MDR menus from the front desk when we came onboard. We looked the menus over and decided what day we didn't want to eat at the MDR, and immediately booked Teppanyaki without a problem an hour or so after embarkation.

Something else to consider: On the Dawn at the end of July, we were able to book LUNCH at Teppanayki. Price was half of what it was for dinner. $12.50 a person.

The menu is slightly different - no filet mignon but a different kind of steak that was extremely delicious. Can't remember what type. Still got the rice, veggies, soup, salad etc.

We went on the first sea day and besides our family of three, there were two other young ladies who had just graduated from high school.

Just off the Jewel.. We booked reservations online, when I reconfirmed the day prior to our reserved date, they did not have us.. but no problem, we were booked at the time we had wanted.. The Teppanayki room had 4 large tables, each seating 8. Two were totally vacant and we had 2 seats open at our table.. Didn't seem to be a problem.. The chefs were very entertaining and our two grandchildren, 10 and 12, were served from the Adult menu and charged half price.

We were on the Spirit in June. There was no option to book in advance for us either. We ended up booking after we boarded for the first night no problem. It did fill up pretty quickly though and there is only one table of 8 and I think only 3 sittings so I wouldn't wait too long into the cruise to book it.

Archived