Did We Make a Mistake Booking Caribbean Pricness?

blueboro

Been on the CB 4x, always been treated & felt like I was a VIP and I was always in an inside cabin. OK the beds could be better but I like hard. The personel are always 1st rate, the ship spotless, if you eat in the MDR the food & service is excellent.

Enjoy,

framer

A few years ago we booked to go on P&O's Ventura. After booking we read quite a number of bad reviews of the ship, so much so we nearly cancelled. We went on the cruise and had a fabulous time, in fact we have been on her again since.

We went on Oriana to the north cape again having a wonderful holiday, when we got back we read a review of the cruise and you would think it was a different cruise the review was so uncomplimentary.

Our advice is, you can't please all of the people all of the time, Some people will complain nomatter how good things are. I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise, Enjoy!:)

Thanks for all of your responses. I know from over 15 cruises the complainers are louder than anyone. I will read reviews of someone who was on the same cruise I was and had nothing good to say about it while we thought it was wonderful. We wonder sometimes if they were actually on the same cruise. As mentioned, we are looking forward to our Emerald starboard mini-suties.

I answered honestly (intent was not negatively). I have friends who are devout Celebrity and HAL fans and they hated their experience on the new Princess ships. They found them incredibly crowded and now won't go back to any Princess ship. The space ratio on HAL and Celebrity ships is much better compared to the Caribbean Princess and the other Princess ships built afterwards. They also did not like the layout of the Grand class ships. Princess people seem to like the layout of Grand class ships but those who come from HAL and Celebrity ships find the Grand class ship confusing. I think the Celebrity and HAL ship I was on did a better layout then Grand Class ships. Just my honest opinion.

Just off the CB TA. We were in E729 and loved that area. Even with the mostly bad weather, we were able to spend time on the balcony as it was covered and protected. Nice and quiet back there too and convenient to the elevators and dining room. Yes, the ship felt crowded, but most of that was probably due to the bad weather keeping everyone inside. We had the new pillow top mattresses and they were comfortable.

I answered honestly (intent was not negatively). I have friends who are devout Celebrity and HAL fans and they hated their experience on the new Princess ships. They found them incredibly crowded and now won't go back to any Princess ship. The space ratio on HAL and Celebrity ships is much better compared to the Caribbean Princess and the other Princess ships built afterwards. They also did not like the layout of the Grand class ships. Princess people seem to like the layout of Grand class ships but those who come from HAL and Celebrity ships find the Grand class ship confusing. I think the Celebrity and HAL ship I was on did a better layout then Grand Class ships. Just my honest opinion.

Sorry...I was not referring to any comments you or anyone on this thread made. I was just commenting on cruises we have loved and then read negative reviews for the exact cruise we were on. I appreciate your opinion.

Archived