Did We Make a Mistake Booking Caribbean Pricness?

blueboro

My 4 brothers and wives booked the Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago for a January 19th, 2013 departure. We got the Mini-Suites on Emerald Deck starboard...E725 thru 731. (I am really excited to get E731 with the larger balcony). But recent reports talking about bad service, a tired/worn ship, average food and a very crowded ship have me concerned. Over the past 3 years we have sailed Celebrity Solstice, Eclipse and HAL Nieuw Amsterdam which were all less than 2 years old and great cruises. Someone make me feel better about the CB....please.

Sorry...just noticed I mispelled Princess in title.

I have been on her twice in the last 5 years and enjoyed her both. Would go again in a minute if the itinerary was what I was looking for. Don 't know were you are reading all those bad reviews. Go, have fun, and fotm your own opinion.

We just got off the Caribbean on her latest TA passage. The ship, the staff, the crew, and the service of both were outstanding. We saw no signs of tired ship, in fact the crew constantly were prucing up, painting, and working hard.

All posts on CC are highly subjective.

As always it is different strokes for different folks. Just because we rave about our cruise does not mean that you will rave about yours.

P&J

January is a nice time to cruise- should be less crowded AND you won't have a lot of kids- like at Christmas.

We did the Caribbean a couple of years ago- my 'only' complaint is that it felt crowded- BUT it was during the summer. I wouldn't worry! You have a great room AND a balcony- you can escape a crowd!

You're not at work! enjoy yourself!

Spent 12 days on the Caribbean this July in the British Isles and loved the ship & the trip... Crew, ship, everything was fantastic. Can't please everyone and some people would complain if they were given 1 million dollars because it wasn't in the "right" denominations!!!

I also just got off that great TA. Wild weather, and CB ran through it well. My review to Princess included special commendation for the entire night crew. I am a person often awake through the night, and I never saw such unobserved [by passengers, anyway] industry. I watched one young guy cleaning vigorously under railings, tables etc in places likely even supervisors wouldn't check that carefully. But he clearly had great pride in doing his work thoroughly and well. Hope they give him a promotion!

I agree CB is sometimes a bit crowded, but I never found much difficulty finding enjoyable circumstances. I hope you won't either. Enjoy!

Doug

We've sailed the Caribbean Princess three times in the past 4 years, most recently in July. Overall the ship is still in great shape and like all Princess ships they seem to be constantly sprucing up the public areas (carpeting, varnishing the hand rails, painting etc). Service was wonderful and overall the food was very good (both of these are very subjective to different people). Would not hesitate to sail her again depending on the itinerary.

It's simple...the ship, the vacation...it will be what you make of it. If you get on and have a bad attitude about the things you've read recently rather than going on with an open mind, then sure, its going to affect your feelings on the ship. You're away from your regular routine, live it up and enjoy!

I hope you don't cancel - I have always noticed that many people seem to have no problem posting reviews and dwelling on negative, or posting a comment when something goes bad, but rarely when things go right.

So take the reviews with a grain of salt - I prefer to look at the positive.

You will have a great trip

Vickie

We just got off the Caribbean on her latest TA passage. The ship, the staff, the crew, and the service of both were outstanding. We saw no signs of tired ship, in fact the crew constantly were prucing up, painting, and working hard.

All posts on CC are highly subjective.

As always it is different strokes for different folks. Just because we rave about our cruise does not mean that you will rave about yours.

P&J

Welcome home! Could you lease advise if Guiseppe Gelmini was the Maitre D'Hotel on your TA cruise please? If not, do you know who was? Thank you in advance for posting. Much appreciated. NeptuneSeas.:D

I also just got off that great TA. Wild weather, and CB ran through it well. My review to Princess included special commendation for the entire night crew. I am a person often awake through the night, and I never saw such unobserved [by passengers, anyway] industry. I watched one young guy cleaning vigorously under railings, tables etc in places likely even supervisors wouldn't check that carefully. But he clearly had great pride in doing his work thoroughly and well. Hope they give him a promotion!

I agree CB is sometimes a bit crowded, but I never found much difficulty finding enjoyable circumstances. I hope you won't either. Enjoy!

Doug

Welcome home! Could you please advise if Guiseppe Gelmini was Maitre D' on your TA cruise? If not, do you know who was? Thank you in advance for posting. Much appreciated. NeptuneSeas. :D

looking forward to our b2b2b on her in five weeks

Am compiling list of current Maitres D'Hotel - expect you have your pre-cruise email. Would you be kind enough to post who the Maitre D' is for Caribbean Princess please? Info appreciated. Thank you in advance & Neptune wishes you smooth seas, lots of dolphins & Bon Voyage! ;)

Just off CB after 26 days. Great trip. Ship is in good shape. We felt it was a crowed ship. Hard to find tables for lunch. Most tender calls were a real mess with 45+ minute waits to get back on ship. I will not cruise this class ship again. I love Princess but there smaller ships are better in our opinion. Food which is subjective, was good.

Thanks for all of your responses. I know from over 15 cruises the complainers are louder than anyone. I will read reviews of someone who was on the same cruise I was and had nothing good to say about it while we thought it was wonderful. We wonder sometimes if they were actually on the same cruise. As mentioned, we are looking forward to our Emerald starboard mini-suties.

Sailed on the CB in March of this year from San Juan. All I can say is wonderful things about the cruise and the ship. We stayed in an Emerald deck aft mini-suite as well. It was the best experience. In fact, I will be on her again in November for another So. Caribbean cruise to Curacao and Aruba.

Enjoy your cruise and have faith in the CB. IMHO...you've made a great choice.

I'm on the CB this Christmas and expect it to be crowded, with lots of kids. But since I expect that going into it I'll just deal with it and have a great time in my OS suite. I will be comparing the ship to Celebrity Eclipse however. We loved that class of ship and the Celebrity service. First cruise on Princess.

Welcome home! Could you lease advise if Guiseppe Gelmini was the Maitre D'Hotel on your TA cruise please? If not, do you know who was? Thank you in advance for posting. Much appreciated. NeptuneSeas.:D

Yes, he was the Maitre d'. However, remember that senior staff rotate every 4-6 months with 2 months vacation.

Over all of our cruises we have had little interaction with the Maitre d'. To us the most important person with whom we interact on the ship is the Head Waiter. We carry a list of those with whom we have had especially great experiences and ask to be assigned to their area of reponsibility.

P&J

Was on CB for 12 days in July, no complaints at all from my group of 8 regarding service or food, both were very good.

Found horizon court/cafe Caribe a bit crowded, especially at breakfast times. Weather was not very good so no one sitting outside to eat which may have a bearing on it. Mainly ate in MDR for dinner, service was good, food was good. Couple of people I was with had not cruised for 3 years and they thought food was as good if not better than their last cruise on Princess.

Ship was clean, although a little bit scruffy in some outside areas but nothing to detract from the good time we had.

Archived