photos gone? charged and not gotten

sisters two

on a recent facination anniversary cruise, dil ordered a corrected group photo of family, purchased, waiting for retouch, forgot to pick them up last nite of cruise,left ship with out them,, no one from carnival has helped a whole lot, if you didn't pick tehm up last nite of cruise,why could they not slip them under door with sign n sail bill, will she ever get them? any experiences re this situation? any uggestions? they should at least send her a refund, looking at almost 100.00

It may be a long shot but if you are having no luck with Carnival thru the normal channels, maybe post a message on John Heald's Facebook page asking for his help. He is very nice and helpful and if he can't help get your photos he may be able to give you direction on getting a refund.

Again, it's a long shot but worth a try. Good luck!

It may be a long shot but if you are having no luck with Carnival thru the normal channels, maybe post a message on John Heald's Facebook page asking for his help. He is very nice and helpful and if he can't help get your photos he may be able to give you direction on getting a refund.

Or go to the Carnival Funville website and see if Mary/Mischelle can help you.

on a recent facination anniversary cruise, dil ordered a corrected group photo of family, purchased, waiting for retouch, forgot to pick them up last nite of cruise,left ship with out them,, no one from carnival has helped a whole lot, if you didn't pick tehm up last nite of cruise,why could they not slip them under door with sign n sail bill, will she ever get them? any experiences re this situation? any uggestions? they should at least send her a refund, looking at almost 100.00

...about the refund .....keep in mind .......they took the photos .....retouched them .......and had them ready to be picked up ........

It does not seem fair for them to refund her money because she forgot to pick them up .....;)

Hope she cn locate them via other's sugggestion ....but it depends on how recent the "recent" cruise was.

I agree.

I had a problem after a cruise and after a lot of emails back and forth and some phone calls back and forth nothing got done.

I posted the whole long drawn out mess and someone sent the thread to John.

Presto, it was fixed,

well sort of, but good enough.

It has been my experience that talking to the Carnival folks in Miami is like talking to a wall.

Of course ymmv, you know?

2 sides to share here...

1. I wanted to purchase a photo but it required a touch up. The touch up was required because of an error in Carnival's printing....they gladly said they would do this and have it ready the next morning. Of course I paid in advance for this. I was afraid I might forget too since how it's a crazy time the last morning of the cruise. DH made a sticky note and placed it on our mirror so we wouldn't forget....and even though the note was there, we still almost forgot.

My point being, even though there was a touch up/retouch to the photo, it could have been CCL's fault/problem to begin with. In good faith, I would like to hope that CCL will mail her the photo. Chances are it was placed in a separate envelope and has their cabin # etc. on it. Therefore, CCL can track them down and mail it to them.

2. yes, people need to hold themselves accountable as well. CCL could make it a little easier however...even just by making an announcement on debarkation day to help remind people. A simple reminder could have jarred the memory to get it.

We need to remember that people come to the boards for help. If people are "jumped on" for asking a simple question, then people will stop coming to these boards for help. And that's no fun.

To the OP, I hope CCL can/will mail your photo to you. Sorry it happened. I know it's chaotic on debarkation day. Please keep us posted on what happens and who you contacted to get it taken care of.

Back on track - we were told that all photos not purchased/picked up are dumped on arrival at the debark port. Makes sense to me - how could they keep thousands of photos from each cruise - even for a week. We had also ordered a re-touched photo on our cruise a few weeks ago- had no idea they could move a "good face" from one photo and put it on another "bad-faced" photo!! They told us to make sure we picked it up that evening. Not sure if the op will be successful in getting the photo, as it probably has been dumped. But maybe they can get the credit for it - if they hit someone "nice" at CCL.

I'm sure the picture is long gone by now. I would suggest that if she was lucky enough to back her S&S card with a credit card, that she deal with the credit card company. I'm with the other poster that thinks the photo department is run by an outside company.

Photo shops are open the last morning so, why should they be delivering photos to PAX cabins the last evening? Try posting to a roll-call, maybe someone onboard right now can fetch the photo(s) for you if they haven't already been pitched.

Back on track - we were told that all photos not purchased/picked up are dumped on arrival at the debark port. Makes sense to me - how could they keep thousands of photos from each cruise - even for a week. We had also ordered a re-touched photo on our cruise a few weeks ago- had no idea they could move a "good face" from one photo and put it on another "bad-faced" photo!! They told us to make sure we picked it up that evening. Not sure if the op will be successful in getting the photo, as it probably has been dumped. But maybe they can get the credit for it - if they hit someone "nice" at CCL.

Off subject. Really . Out of all the cruises we could never get a decent photo of both but always of either one or the other. That's good to know. Learned something new today.Thanks

What kind of picture was almost $100?

Why should they send a refund when it was your fault for not picking up a custom item they can't resell?

I learned something new too! Thanks OP. I didn't know they could "merge" 2 pictures and do major retouches like that.

I wonder if I can have them remove my double chin or slim me down in some pictures :-) I am serious! YOu know what kind of money they would make??

I learned something new too! Thanks OP. I didn't know they could "merge" 2 pictures and do major retouches like that.

I wonder if I can have them remove my double chin or slim me down in some pictures :-) I am serious! YOu know what kind of money they would make??

Clicked on this post and saw your reply! I'm with you...I wish they could photoshop the pictures. I might buy more if the double chin and granny middle were not there :p. Have a great time on your cruise--so close!

Clicked on this post and saw your reply! I'm with you...I wish they could photoshop the pictures. I might buy more if the double chin and granny middle were not there :p. Have a great time on your cruise--so close!

How are you? I just realized that Honey BooBoo child must have gotten her name from yours! Lol

Not on a ship, but my "business" photo I use for work had to have that done. There's no such thing as me smiling without my eyes almost closed. Just natural for me that my eyes squint up when I smile. So the photographer did one with me not smiling so he'd get my eyes and another smiling and the pieced them together. People who don't know me well say it's a great picture.

It bugs the crap out of my husband, though... he says it doesn't look like me. He can recognize that my face would never actually look like that and doesn't like it.

I've got mixed feelings on the Op's issue. It seems like Carnival could make a good faith effort to contact anyone who hadn't picked up photos by a certain time the last night.

On the other hand, why should they have to refund money due to someone else's forgetfulness? They produced the product special order so it cost them money. Sometimes in life we make costly mistakes and have to pay for them.

2 sides to share here...

1. I wanted to purchase a photo but it required a touch up. The touch up was required because of an error in carnival's printing....they gladly said they would do this and have it ready the next morning. Of course i paid in advance for this. I was afraid i might forget too since how it's a crazy time the last morning of the cruise. Dh made a sticky note and placed it on our mirror so we wouldn't forget....and even though the note was there, we still almost forgot.

My point being, even though there was a touch up/retouch to the photo, it could have been ccl's fault/problem to begin with. In good faith, i would like to hope that ccl will mail her the photo. Chances are it was placed in a separate envelope and has their cabin # etc. On it. Therefore, ccl can track them down and mail it to them.

2. Yes, people need to hold themselves accountable as well. Ccl could make it a little easier however...even just by making an announcement on debarkation day to help remind people. A simple reminder could have jarred the memory to get it.

We need to remember that people come to the boards for help. If people are "jumped on" for asking a simple question, then people will stop coming to these boards for help. And that's no fun.

To the op, i hope ccl can/will mail your photo to you. Sorry it happened. I know it's chaotic on debarkation day. Please keep us posted on what happens and who you contacted to get it taken care of.

l i k e :)

If they take your money they should make sure you get your picture. It's as simple as that. If you forget to pick them up, they should make every effort to mail them to you, not discard them with the other unpaid photos. They charge a fortune for the pictures, they can afford to spend some money on postage!

My sister and I were on the Miracle in June 2011 with our husbands. She had a similar situation - paid for the pic, they were going to redo it, she forgot to pick it up. I think she may have called after we got back, but I don't remember for sure.

Anyway ... this past May (2012) , I get a big envelope in the mail from Carnival. I'm thinking, what could they be sending me? We weren't booked a cruise. I thought some kind of advertising or brochure maybe. So I open it and it's my sister's picture - no note. No explanation - just the picture, nicely packaged in cardboard with the folder. She was thrilled. I have no idea why it took that long, maybe they found it in some kind of auditing process. They sent it to me because I'd booked the tickets.

Happy Ending!

Archived