I've been demoted C&A level

norcalemt02

This is a major downfall for me

I've been cruising since 1996 at the age of 12. First on majesty of the seas with my family.

My father has been a loyal cruiser with royal since the 70s. I was told I would be grandfather into his level.

I was emerald on my recent navigator cruise in march. I've noticed on my upcoming allure cruise in dec I became platinum status. I've called C&a multiple times and they show nothing of me every being emerald. I even send them a copy of my sea pass card with the emerald level. And there is nothing they can or will do

My father has 56 points. I have 34 Points.

I am disappointed but it won't prevent me from crusing again on rccl.

Too bad you wont get a free apple juice on your arrival to your room.

Honestly - the difference in C&A levels is laughable.

The only difference between Platinum and Emerald is a "welcome gift" worth about 5 bucks. Just treat yourself to a shopping spree at the airport gift shop, buy yourself a pen, and call it even.

If I understand the RCL policy, I believe your status only "grandfathers" until you are 18 (2004-2005). After that birthday, you advance in status only for those cruises you actually take. So,

What was your father's C&A status in 2004-2005?, and

How many cruises have you taken with royal after that date?

This happens to everyone under 18 who turns 18. You only got your father's level because you were his minor dependent.

You still gained at your own level.

This is a different situation in that Emerald was not instituted until after OP turned 18, so the temporary upgrade in status was probably a mistake that was corrected.

Minor dependents who turn 18 keep the level of the parent that they earned prior to turning 18. So my son who is D on his own kept my D+ level when he turned 18, but his points are for D.

My daughter kept her status but my son was demoted. He apparently had no desire to push the issue so he's still either Platinum or Emerald while his sister is Diamond. At one time they were both Diamond even though they didn't have the points. My son's demotion occurred when his bride called C&A to upgrade her status to his and they realized he didn't have enough points. Careful what you wish for. :D I'm actually curious what would happen if my daughter tried to upgrade her husband to her status.:eek: All six of us cruised together in 2010 but it was my SIL's first with RCI so he basically had no status and they weren't married yet. The irony is she was allowed to take him into the DL on Freedom.

RCI is not known for it's consistency in this area. :confused: It really isn't all that important to us. We rarely use the DL even when we're alone so we don't miss it when we're altogether.

:D I'm actually curious what would happen if my daughter tried to upgrade her husband to her status.:eek: All six of us cruised together in 2010 but it was my SIL's first with RCI so he basically had no status and they weren't married yet.

Did he use his own address when he cruised with her, or hers? Does he have an online account yet? I would probably enter his info online to get him his C&A account and see what happens and go from there.

Archived