Top Chef Cruise / Celebrity Newbie...

rkaratsu

I am seriously looking at doing the "Top Chef" cruise on the Constellation in April 2013 (and will probably need to put down a deposit in the next week or so.)

But what I am looking for from this board is some advice and info. Basically, the last three cruises I have done have been on Silversea (although I am a platinum Princess member as well as been on NCL, RCL, HA, etc. Seriously, I am open-minded and have heard some nice things about Celebrity, particularly with the food, which is why I am sure Top Chef chose this line for this cruise.)

Anyway, as far as the cabin, is the Royal Suite significantly an upgrade over the Sky Suite? And are there specialty restaurants on the Constellation?

But anything else you might want to suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

RK

Yes, a Royal Suite is much nicer than a Sky Suite. A Sky Suite is more of a large stateroom than a true suite whereas the Royal Suite is quite large. The layout is not as nice as on the newer ships (S-Class) for the Royal Suite, but it still is a very large step up from a Sky Suite. If you can spring for the Penthouse Suite, this suite is incredible on Constellation and her sister M-Class ships. Truly a spectacular experience staying in the Penthouse on an M-Class ship.

Constellation has Tuscan Grille (an Italian steakhouse), Bistro on 5 (a creperie) and Ocean Liners (upscale French cuisine) for specialty restaurants.

We've booked the Top Chef Cruise, and are very much looking forward to it. As avid cruisers, the fact that it was on Celebrity was a real bonus to us, as we have always found Celebrity to be on the top side of the other lines we've cruised (NCL, Princess, and RCL) as respects food. We definitely love the S-class ships, and I understand the Constellation is in the process of being converted from M-class to S-class, but it won't be completed by this cruise, so no Aqua Class, which is our favorite part of an S-Class ship.

That being said, I'm wondering how much outside restauarants will play into this cruise, as it appears they are only offering assigned seating, and no select dining, which indicates to us that the evening meals are being designed specially for this cruise (given the Top Chef ) theme, and will likely not to be missed.

Please tell me how you know that this is a Top Chef cruise...I love Top Chef. Where can I find information?

Just google...topchefthecruise....or here you go from the Celebrity website:

Enjoy...Looks like fun !!

SEPTEMBER 12, 2012

The recently announced "Top Chef: The Cruise" is gaining momentum with the addition of four new chef'testants to an already impressive roster of Top Chef Alums. "Top Chef All Stars" winner Richard Blais, "Top Chef Just Desserts" season one winner Yigit Pura, "Top Chef: Texas" winner Paul Qui, and "Fan Favorite" winner Fabio Viviani join hosts Tom Colicchio and Gail Simmons, along with 11 previously announced Alums, on this first-ever culinary journey setting sail April 11, 2013 from Miami, Florida. For sneak peek of the cruise visit: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-9/videos/all-chefs-on-deck.

During the voyage, guests will have a chance to participate in interactive events and onboard activities. Guests will have the ultimate "Top Chef" experience with behind-the-scenes kitchen tours, and a chance to experience what it's like to be on the hit competition series by watching and participating in live "Quickfire" challenges. Fans will also have the chance to ask their burning questions to the judges, Masters and chef'testants, who will participate in a Q&A session. Additionally, DJ and Top Chef Master, Hubert Keller will host an evening dance party, and passengers can put their taste buds to the test with an exclusive "Dining in the Dark" experience that will surely enlighten the senses.

Last month, Bravo Media, Celebrity Cruises, Magical Elves and Rose Tours announced the inaugural launch of "Top Chef: The Cruise" aboard the modern, luxurious Celebrity Constellation. Taking place from April 11-15, 2013, the one-of-a-kind culinary vacation experience invites fans of the Emmy-winning "Top Chef" reality competition series the chance to break bread and rub elbows with the show's judges and chefs.

Blais, Pura, Qui and Viviani join previously announced hosts, Colicchio and Simmons, and past chef'testants of "Top Chef," "Top Chef Masters" and "Top Chef Just Desserts," Hubert Keller, Tim Love, Jennifer Carroll, Tiffany Derry, Chris Hanmer, Michael Isabella, Spike Mendelsohn, Hosea Rosenberg, Angelo Sosa and Casey Thompson. With the most recent chef additions, fans of the franchise will be treated to the entire cast of Bravo's upcoming docu-series "Life After Top Chef," Blais, Carroll, Mendelsohn and Viviani, premiering October 3 at 10pm ET/PT, who will be onboard the cruise.

The culinary journey aboard the Celebrity Constellation sails roundtrip from Miami, Florida, with stops in Key West, Florida and Cozumel, Mexico. Staterooms are on sale at http://www.topchefthecruise.com. Additional information can also be found at the site.

Hi there,

I booked this last month when I saw it advertised on the Bravo site. Husband is a chef/baker and loves the Top Chef series. Is a surprise Christmas present for him. Am sure he'll love it.

Have never booked a theme cruise so not quite sure what to expect but am looking forward to it and to meeting others who enjoy the Top Chef shows.

• 3 months later...

I have several episodes of this current season on DVR. I noticed on the promo watching last night that announce the cruise is on Connie, but show aerial video of an S Class ship. Makes me wonder whether the promo producer is trying to deceive the audience, or perhaps knows little about what X's fleet.

• 3 months later...

Archived