The Original Bus Tour London

For all those Londoners that have been so helpful planning my trip, let me say thank-you and I promise we leave in a week lol.

We are interested in taking the Original Double Decker Bus tour" and from what I can gather the closest pick up point from our hotel would be the yellow route (we want the live commentary) at stop #4 Victoria/Grosvenor Gardens @ 101 Buckingham Palace Rd (we are staying at The Rubens at 39 Buckingham Palace Rd)

My question is, can we purchase the tickets at that stop or do we have to make our way to the London Visitors Centre?

I know you can pre-purchase online but, we want to make sure that our entire party is up to taking the tour before making the purchase, so we'd like to buy the day of.

For all those Londoners that have been so helpful planning my trip, let me say thank-you and I promise we leave in a week lol.

We are interested in taking the Original Double Decker Bus tour" and from what I can gather the closest pick up point from our hotel would be the yellow route (we want the live commentary) at stop #4 Victoria/Grosvenor Gardens @ 101 Buckingham Palace Rd (we are staying at The Rubens at 39 Buckingham Palace Rd)

My question is, can we purchase the tickets at that stop or do we have to make our way to the London Visitors Centre?

I know you can pre-purchase online but, we want to make sure that our entire party is up to taking the tour before making the purchase, so we'd like to buy the day of.

You can email them at info@theoriginaltour.com and ask your question. I got a response to my question very quickly.

I am considering using the original bus tour too for next June. I am under the assumption that a person needs to board at one of their central locations the first time you board and that you cannot just hop on a bus at any stop the first time. Am I wrong?

That's the impression given by their website.

Some time ago I spoke to them on behalf of someone who wanted their first boarding at the Tower of London - some considerable distance from the four locations on thei website.

I vaguely recall they said they prefer folk to board at those four places, so that they can be fully briefed & ask questions etc. But no objection to a first boarding at any stop.

Worth an e-mail, as suggested by pizzalady, to double-check.

Perhaps you could post their response?

JB :)

We had no problem HO at the stop nearest our hotel (Milestone on Kensington Court)..We easily purchased our tickets onboard with a credit card...Don't forget to add the optional fish-n-chips lunch at Sherlock Holmes..it was great...Enjoy this great overview of London..

We HO at many places but this made it easy for us over the next few days to take the tube (minding the gap) to the areas we wanted to spend more time at.

If you have time on this visit I would recommend taking the tube to Camden Town to visit the market :eek:...glad we did...Enjoy :D

I had purchased the Original Bus tickets online. We also stayed at the Rubens. I don't remember which of the routes we took as we took one route, switched to another and the next day took the 3rd route. We walked a couple of blocks from the Rubens to the HOHO stop and handed in the voucher and we received our tickets.

FYI......

I emailed the Original Bus Tour and was told that you are able to purchase at each stop. There are four main hubs that will accept credit cards and cash and the rest will accept exact cash only.

Filed in the memory bank, thanks for taking the trouble.

JB :)

we stayed at The Rubens , last August, and purchased our tickets from the conceirge...we rode the bus for 2 days seeing all we could and then also doing the Thames boat ride which was included in the ticket. The Hotel is very convenient.

That's even better....Did you enjoy the Rubens? What type of room did you have? I am told the "standard rooms" are very small, so we upgraded to the superior King (hoping the amount of space will be ample). Did you eat at the hotel?

That's even better....Did you enjoy the Rubens? What type of room did you have? I am told the "standard rooms" are very small, so we upgraded to the superior King (hoping the amount of space will be ample). Did you eat at the hotel?

We had a standard room and it had a double bed and was quite small by USA standards...we could barely get between the bed and the walls or other furniture which was a desk and chair with table. The bathroom was good sized. You will be much happier in the upgraded room but I had found a special price online and so....you get what you pay for.

However, we did have full breakfast each day that was included in our room price and it was substantial...hot and cold foods along with lots of fruit and cereal...we usually never ate lunch after this breakfast.

We also ate in the main restaurant one night,it's on the lower level , and it was very pricey. Food was above average and the dress code prohibits tennis shoes.

All in all we would stay again at The Rubens in an upgraded room if the price was right. In 2013 we will be staying closer to Big Ben and The London Eye.

Archived