Minibar contents?

gospelle

Thanks for the reply's. Can't say I'm happy with the answers though. It's really quite odd that I can't get any bottles of booze into my room, especially considering our "grand suite" has a freaking BAR in it! :confused:

Hopefully there's a bar close by, will have to check the deck plans.

I agree it really looks silly. RCCL is the only cruise line that I have used that does not have booze in the minibar. No big deal for me because I do not get drinks from the minibar. You can probably get wine and beer from the bar and bring it back to your bar.

Have a great cruise and enjoy our suite.

Actually, I can understand them not putting booze in the minibars as people will often put their kids in their own cabins nearby. If you've ever had teenagers, well you know what I mean. It would be nice if they would even sell those little airplane bottles in the ship store and allow people to take a few back to their cabins if they won't allow the big ones.

But, it is what it is. Fortunately, we like beer for DH and wine for both of us so can have all we want in the cabin.

You mean you ask the employee to empy it on the first day of the cruise?I was wondering if it could be done! does he give you a document to the fact that nothing is left in it?

wonder if it is a silly question. (first time cruiser)

I would ask the room steward to empty it in the past. However, sometimes they would tell me they "weren't allowed" (read didn't want to mess with it); they would empty it but put the contents in a bag under the bed, put it in shelves, take it completely away, and, once, stuffed things around the refrigerator in the cubby. That was fine and dandy until a can of coke worked its way out and got punctured when I opened the door. I showed it to the front desk that it was unopened and I was not charged for it. Made a big mess on me and around me until I could get the spewing can to the sink.

The last cruise we were on, there was a little knock at the door around noon on the second day and when I opened it, a young crew lady was there saying she needed to inventory the mini-bar. I told her as far as I was concerned, she could empty it because we wouldn't be using anything in it. I think she was happy to do it because that was one less cabin she would have to check each day.

This time, I plan to put a note on the door of the mini-bar asking it be emptied in case I miss the inventory lady.

I have never gotten a receipt for the stuff being taken out but I've never had a problem being charged for anything either.

Tucker in Texas

Thanks for the reply's. Can't say I'm happy with the answers though. It's really quite odd that I can't get any bottles of booze into my room, especially considering our "grand suite" has a freaking BAR in it! :confused:

Hopefully there's a bar close by, will have to check the deck plans.

yet according to your sig youve completed several RCCL cruises?

I would ask the room steward to empty it in the past. However, sometimes they would tell me they "weren't allowed" (read didn't want to mess with it); they would empty it but put the contents in a bag under the bed, put it in shelves, take it completely away, and, once, stuffed things around the refrigerator in the cubby. That was fine and dandy until a can of coke worked its way out and got punctured when I opened the door. I showed it to the front desk that it was unopened and I was not charged for it. Made a big mess on me and around me until I could get the spewing can to the sink.

The last cruise we were on, there was a little knock at the door around noon on the second day and when I opened it, a young crew lady was there saying she needed to inventory the mini-bar. I told her as far as I was concerned, she could empty it because we wouldn't be using anything in it. I think she was happy to do it because that was one less cabin she would have to check each day.

This time, I plan to put a note on the door of the mini-bar asking it be emptied in case I miss the inventory lady.

I have never gotten a receipt for the stuff being taken out but I've never had a problem being charged for anything either.

Tucker in Texas

Thank you for the infos.

yet according to your sig youve completed several RCCL cruises?

Indeed I have. There was a time on RCCL that I could (and did) pay a small surcharge at the duty free to be able to take it back to the room for consumption. That policy I knew was gone. Didn't think there wasn't booze in the mini bar though.

Rules change. that's why I ask these things. I honestly don't remember what was in the mini bar last year when we were on the Navigator. This is also my first trip in a suite. Thought it might be different seeing as though you get some special perks.

Archived