Minibar contents?

gospelle

The Dude would like White Russians while chillin' at night in the cabin. Anyone know if RCCL (Adventure of the Seas in particular) has Kailua, Vodka in the Minibar?

I'm in a suite. Not sure if they have better selection or not.

There is no alchohol provided by Royal in any minibars.

bottled water and canned sodas and a few boxes of snacks for puchase

thx - I've not been on a cruise before but I'm guessing they can be purchased cheaper in the shop in the Promenade?

If so I'll do my own stocking. (pity they don't appear to do coke zero though :confused: )

thx - I've not been on a cruise before but I'm guessing they can be purchased cheaper in the shop in the Promenade?

If so I'll do my own stocking. (pity they don't appear to do coke zero though :confused: )

Probably NOT....the general store prices onboard are pretty expensive...you can take your own sodas without a problem...I prefer coke zero myself...

Price for contents of minibar is standard bar pricing. In other words, buy a coke anywhere on board, it'll cost you the same amount.

The Dude would like White Russians while chillin' at night in the cabin. Anyone know if RCCL (Adventure of the Seas in particular) has Kailua, Vodka in the Minibar?

I'm in a suite. Not sure if they have better selection or not.

the only thing in the suite mini bars is bottled water. (there are 2 bottles of free water at room temp also. make sure you read the signs heheheh)

he will need to get his White Russians through room service or go to a bar himself.

On Allure (JS), a few bottles of water and a few cans of diet coke and regular coke. Boxes snacks (who would eat those?) I had them empty mine and put my own drinks in there that I brought with me.

maybe I misread it but I didn't think we were allowed to bring either alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks on board. I'm sailing from Southampton - anyone try from there?

maybe I misread it but I didn't think we were allowed to bring either alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks on board. I'm sailing from Southampton - anyone try from there?

Different rules apply to different departure ports. We have always departed from US ports and no you have not bee allowed to bring your own alcohol for many years but we usually bring a 12 pack of Vanilla Coke and a 12 pack of Diet Coke with lime for our cabin fridge and no one has said a word.

Garyb

In the UK you are not allowed to bring alcohol on board , as applies to the rest of the world! You are allowed to bring non alcoholic drinks on board.

Bryce

no alcohol in a minibar - your kidding right? Just what Is in them for goodness sakes? and if only softdrinks I'd rather just have a fridge + stock it myself.

Hi Gary - here's a pic of the frig. Don't think we ever touched it. Some drinks and in the door some candies and nuts (I think). Have a wonderful cruise!

DSC00542.jpg.8127fff3f421e1a41ad3df2a837bdadc.jpg

Here's an up close shot of the contents... the blue boxes had things like mini chocolate bars, nuts etc I think they were about $4.50-$5/box

and BTW all the contents fits perfectly on the shelf above the TV on Oasis/Allure with the keyboard for the tv there too :)

7992362142_36f43e9f80_c.jpg

I know ships try to make money on selling of the items in the mini-bar, but really. I wish the minibar "chiller" was a thing of the past. Can you imagine the waste of items when they are not sold before their expiration date. To me it is just another thing to check on our bill that we were not charged for something we did not take.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I know ships try to make money on selling of the items in the mini-bar, but really. I wish the minibar "chiller" was a thing of the past. Can you imagine the waste of items when they are not sold before their expiration date. To me it is just another thing to check on our bill that we were not charged for something we did not take.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

ITA. They should just leave it empty. People can purchase cans of soda or candy and snacks from the ship store or bring them from home. Also, check expiration dates. Someone posted a while ago about having a late night craving for a candy bar. It was rancid! Yuck. Got his money back but that's not the point.

If you buy liquor in the ship's store, they hold it until the last night. You can't get it in your cabin even if you were willing to pay a surcharge.

We have them empty it out because we aren't going to use anything in it AND we don't want to have a charge for something in it sneaked on to our statement AFTER we leave the ship which has been known to happen.

Never had any problem bringing on water or soda.

DH calls the mini fridge "shade" because it certainly doesn't keep anything cold. We bring a canvas six-pack holder and have the steward fill it with ice to keep our beverages cold and have plenty of ice on hand.

Tucker in Texas

ITA. They should just leave it empty. People can purchase cans of soda or candy and snacks from the ship store or bring them from home. Also, check expiration dates. Someone posted a while ago about having a late night craving for a candy bar. It was rancid! Yuck. Got his money back but that's not the point.

Ewwwwww:eek::eek::eek:

Here's an up close shot of the contents... the blue boxes had things like mini chocolate bars, nuts etc I think they were about $4.50-$5/box

and BTW all the contents fits perfectly on the shelf above the TV on Oasis/Allure with the keyboard for the tv there too :)

7992362142_36f43e9f80_c.jpg

Good picture, Beth.

It shows the Red Bull that no one else has mentioned.

Perfect thing for a late night pick-me-up! :eek: ;) :p :D

If you buy liquor in the ship's store, they hold it until the last night. You can't get it in your cabin even if you were willing to pay a surcharge.

We have them empty it out because we aren't going to use anything in it AND we don't want to have a charge for something in it sneaked on to our statement AFTER we leave the ship which has been known to happen.

Never had any problem bringing on water or soda.

DH calls the mini fridge "shade" because it certainly doesn't keep anything cold. We bring a canvas six-pack holder and have the steward fill it with ice to keep our beverages cold and have plenty of ice on hand.

Tucker in Texas

You mean you ask the employee to empy it on the first day of the cruise?I was wondering if it could be done! does he give you a document to the fact that nothing is left in it?

wonder if it is a silly question. (first time cruiser)

Thanks for the reply's. Can't say I'm happy with the answers though. It's really quite odd that I can't get any bottles of booze into my room, especially considering our "grand suite" has a freaking BAR in it! :confused:

Hopefully there's a bar close by, will have to check the deck plans.

Archived