beverage card question

canadianbear

We have received a $100 beverage card from our TA for our upcoming cruise in October. I'm not sure how it works as we have never had one before-can we use it for soft drinks, latte's from the Exploration cafe and for liquor? Or is it just for soda drinks?

Thanks.

We have received a $100 beverage card from our TA for our upcoming cruise in October. I'm not sure how it works as we have never had one before-can we use it for soft drinks, latte's from the Exploration cafe and for liquor? Or is it just for soda drinks?

Thanks.

You can buy any kind of drink with that card. Martini's to soda. Personally I would only use it for liquor or wine but its up to you. There are soda cards for just soft drinks. Beverage cards list below just for your information -

$250 Beverage Card

Save with a pre-paid beverage card. Purchase a pre-paid beverage card for $225 and receive $250 toward beverage purchases....

$100 Beverage Card

Save with a pre-paid beverage card. Purchase a pre-paid beverage card for $95 and receive $100 toward beverage purchases

$50 Beverage Card

This beverage card can be redeemed for a variety of beverage selections from soda, espresso and non-alcoholic beverages, to...

$50 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card

This beverage card can be redeemed for a variety of beverage selections from soda and espresso to non-alcoholic beverages

Soda Beverage Value Card $50

Save with a pre-paid beverage value card. Purchase a pre-paid soda beverage value card for $25 and receive $50 toward soda...

We use our Beverage Cards to buy alcoholic drinks and wine. It can also be used to buy bottles of wine (not the wine packages). The 15% gratuity will also be deducted from the card.

And if you bring your own wine onto the ship and take the bottle to the dining room, the card can be used to pay the $18 corkage fee per bottle.

The Beverage cards can also be used to buy bottled water, cans of soda, coffees in the Explorations Cafe. The Soda card on most ships is now only for fountain sodas instead of cans of soda.

Forgive me if this has been asked a dozen times before; but where do you purchase the beverage card?
You can order them in advance on the HAL site ("purchase indulgences - beverages" on your custom itinerary) or you can buy them on-board from any of the bar staff. If you order in advance you will pay for them immediately.

The HAL website is the best place to order. The card will be waiting for you when you arrive in your cabin.
But choose "delivery at sea" to avoid the sales tax applied by some states. The card will be in your cabin on boarding anyway.

Thanks so much, all. 3 or 4 years ago, on the Eurodam, we purchased a wine punch card, good for 20 punches of house still or sparkling. Does that still exist?

I don't miss it. It was a glass full of ice. Then filled, with a gun or an open can.

Archived