Who thinks this a bad idea

kevinsgirl88

I read about that the other day - apparently 45k people have registered interest!! Your link wouldn't load on my bberry but I saw a quote from the billionaire guy building it who said it would be almost identical to the original (life boat capacity being the only real difference).

But I don't really get it to be honest. If it really is the same, who would buy a 3rd class ticket? On normal cruises little cabins get you pretty much the same thing as a suite room (I think). Apart from the extra space and a bit of reserved seating & lounges, everyone has the right to enjoy all parts of the ship.

But on titanic didn't only 1st class passangers have access to the bulk of the good areas? They're not really going to do that here are they? !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

iT IS A REPLICA....

Then the ship will be divided....and you will pay for what you can use. So, I do believe folks can make their own decision, if it gets built, what class they wish to secure.

I might wish for the Presidential Suite and all it's amenities, but if I pay for a Third Class cabin, that gives me no rights to those amenities.

Ya get what ya pay for!!!

It'll be comical and the butt of jokes when people photograph new 'mega-ships' beside it at port. Imagine people posting on the forum pictures of their Oasis sailing in port beside the 'Titanic.'

Richard.

LOL i was thinking the same thing!!! The allure and oasis are much bigger then the Titanic!:p

There is no way people would really sail on it if the lowest end cabin were exactly like the lowest end accommodations on the original. It's a different era. Back then, ocean liners were the only way to get across the oceans. It was transportation. That's been replaced by airliners. There is no need for a ship that just does regular crossings as transportation.

Yes, Cunard does regular crossings. But even on those ships, the class system doesn't exist like it used to. And there is plenty of activities for ALL to participate in, in the same areas, regardless of class.

So, no, it can't be an exact replica in every way.

Clive Palmer (the Australian billionaire who is proposing to build Titanic II) sure has some crazy ideas.

There is a weekly comedy show on Australian TV that has a short segment where they quote something outrageous he has said each week.

I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Definitely a bad idea. The Titanic was not a pleasure cruise ship. It was a passenger ship much in the way planes are transportation. It was built to get from point A to point B, not to entertain people. Yes, there was dinner and dancing, but it wasn't set up with things to do for everyone. Lower class passengers were basically that, just passengers. Upper class had more, but there was no entertainment staff, or the types of things that exist on today's cruise ships. It's the type of ship people will go on once and never again. This is why it was looked at previously by one of the cruise lines and the idea was abandoned. Doomed to fail.

Archived