Privacy on Boardwalk Balconies

spg112357

I'm sure many pax feel that if they have a balcony with chairs that they should be able to use those chairs to dry their bathing suits and assorted laundry items.

Thus the "tenement" look.

Wonder if RCI had that in mind when they designed those ships?:p At least if the balconies are inside they won't have to worry about assorted undies blowing over board?

So, does a person sitting in a chair in a bathing suit seem fine, but is a bathing suit carefully hung on a chair back a "tenement" look? Honestly, in many cases, I'd rather see the empty bathing suit;).

Doesn't the Allure have the laundry line in the shower from which to hang wet bathing suits? Every ship, RCCL or otherwise, I've been on has had that "amenity." Will be on Allure in Feb. and expect to find it.

IIRC, Oasis did not have clotheslines in our shower. I do not know if they added them back on her sister Allure.

As the shower may be in use for actual showering and the sink is perhaps in use or soon to be in use, I am not surprised if drippy wet things (bathing suits, umbrellas, etc) are temporarily on the balcony. It just did not bother me, but tolerances vary. Come to think of it, if one books a neighborhood balcony, one would be well advised to be prepared to see and tolerate neighbors.

So, does a person sitting in a chair in a bathing suit seem fine, but is a bathing suit carefully hung on a chair back a "tenement" look? Honestly, in many cases, I'd rather see the empty bathing suit;).

:D

There is a sizable leap from the presence of a few bathing suits on chairs, on a cruise ship, in the Caribbean, to "tenement views." I very much agree that tolerances very.

:D

There is a sizable leap from the presence of a few bathing suits on chairs, on a cruise ship, in the Caribbean, to "tenement views." I very much agree that tolerances very.

I looked at other threads that indicate that neither Oasis or Allure have retractable clothes lines in the bathrooms. Our bathing suits will be drying out on the balcony on the backs of chairs. It's probably the fastest way to dry them. Hopefully, that won't annoy people across the way. I won't be annoyed by anyone else's.

Archived