dolphins whales

kafraser78

Good evening everybody, im sitting here watching disney's Oceans movie on tv and since we are on the november 24 breeze cruise to dominican republic, curacao, aruba, and grand turk, i was wondering if we will or has anybody seen whales and dolphins in the ocean near the ships?

thanks everybody.

Good evening everybody, im sitting here watching disney's Oceans movie on tv and since we are on the november 24 breeze cruise to dominican republic, curacao, aruba, and grand turk, i was wondering if we will or has anybody seen whales and dolphins in the ocean near the ships?

Dolphins like to play with sailboats but I suspect cruise ships scare them. The only times I've seen whales in the wild are 100 miles off the coast of Virginia on a sailboat delivery and on a cruise to Alaska. Off Virginia we were on a 60' sailboat and I think the whale may have been longer. You might see dolphin in the distance but I'm pretty sure they will avoid the ship.

I've seen dolphins several times.

Saw a sailfish as we were passing along the coast of Cuba. We were eating on the Lido and I looked out of the window and saw a sailfish jump out of the water several times. That was the most exciting thing that happened on the cruise.

We saw a dolphin swimming next to the ship on the Valor last year. We were sitting on our balcony and it swam along with the ship for a couple minutes and then disappered. Very cool though. As for whales we did an excursion a few years ago in Dominican Republic and saw some whales.

Consider yourself lucky if you sight a whale while on a cruise in the Caribbean. My wife and I have been on almost 30 cruises and we have seen whales 4 times. Most of them far away but you could see them spout when they breached.

We did see a young sperm whale waiting on the surface for it's mother while she fed. It was maybe 50 yards from the ship just floating on the surface. Did some research and based upon the shape and size determined it was a young sperm whale and it said they float on the surface while the mother feeds down deep.

Have seen turtles, dolphines and flying fish as well.

If you want whales and dolphins, you will have to come West and do the Mexican Riviera. I see whales almost every time we sail, no matter what time of year.

We saw whales on the last sea day of our Mexican Riviera cruise in July 2009. It was early morning and luckily my husband happened to go out onto the balcony, and there were at least 4-5 of them in the distance, but not too far that you couldn't see. It was quite the show. I even phoned our sleeping teens across the hall and woke them up to come and see. :D

We've seen dolphins on a few occasions, sea turtles, a hammerhead shark, and lots of flying fish.

Always see Dolphin in port at Galveston, before we set sail.

Have seen turtles, dolphin and flying fish out in the Gulf.

In Key West we saw a bunch of huge Tarpin while we were at the dock.

In July we spotted 2 water spouts, that was really cool. But thank God they weren't close.

we just returned from the legend last week and had a pod of dolphins the last sea day. We have seen dolphins and whales a couple of times on the eastern trips. This is hit and miss, but if you see the guests running to the side of the ship you might be in for a treat.

Enjoy

Docking in Nassau I followed a couple running to the side of the ship. Got to see the pilot board. Was kind of cool. That is now my method, see someone run for the rail, follow them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen dolphins 1 time in all of the cruises I have sailed. Got off the Valor last week and went to the same ports, and didn't see anything except local fish in Grand Turk.

Just curious how your cruise on the Valor was. Any tips on the Gran Turk excursion or Dominican? 1st time cruising...in December-thanks in advance!

Archived