Boston taxi question

khut

Anyone know the cost to take taxi from where ship docks to Bostom Common area?

Wondering if it would be less expensive for 4 people than the $15 per person roundtrip for the shuttle from the ship.

Taxis in Boston are pretty expensive and I"d guess maybe $30 for four from Black Falcon to the Common. So just about a "push" againist the shuttle but a taxi gives you more flexibility.

FYI, don't know if you've been to the Common before but really not a lot to see there. Be sure to go across the street to the Public Garden which is gorgeous. This is where the Swan boats are but they are closed for the season soon or already.

However, lots of things close by and a good place to start/end.

Boston taxis are not per person. You pay for the cab. You can put 4 people in the cab so that's less than $4/pp.

I did not say the taxi is per person. I was comparing the taxi cost to the per person shuttle cost from the ship that the OP mentioned.

In order to decide if something is a better value, one must compare the total cost of each item. Thus: $15 x 4p as OP said for shuttle = $60 vs. the much more reasonable (in this instance) taxi ride which includes all four people.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I had written from my 2008 Boston Cruise

Boston

There was a cab area with a lady matching people up to share cabs to their chosen destination. Cab(which we spit with another couple) was $24 with tip to the area between the Gardens and the Freedom Trial. Oddly enough our return Cab was only $12. There was also a shuttle to Quincy market, but we were glad to have the fexiblitly of ending where we wanted. We bought a guide book at the visitor center for $7. There was also a man in colonial costume offering a tour for about $14 pp. We wanted to do this at our own pace and he looked a little dirty. The Freedom Trail takes you throughout the city and has a red stripped path on the walk and streets guiding you about. The book we bought was nice to tell about the sites, but also helped us stay on track. We bought a ticket combo to go inside 3 sites, but you can pay for just one or enjoy if for free from the outside. We ended our day at Paul Revere's House. The Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is not an especially attractive place and there is nothing nice to do right there. You will need to take transportation into Boston, but it is easy and reasonable.

Archived