Bingo

funNsun4me

I don't remember the exact costs, but I want to say that for a 4-game session, it was something like $25-30 for paper cards and ~$55 for a bingo machine (playing about 18 cards). There may have also been a buy-2-machines-get-1-machine-free special also.

I don't remember the exact costs, but I want to say that for a 4-game session, it was something like $25-30 for paper cards and ~$55 for a bingo machine (playing about 18 cards). There may have also been a buy-2-machines-get-1-machine-free special also.

That's about right but I thought it was $30 for paper cards and $65 for the electronic thingees. Since they have so many more "cards," they usually win. But, how much fun is it to hold something and wait to see if you win?

Go down and do the math to see how much the cruise takes in vs. how much they pay out. You will quickly see that the players are not the winners, the cruise line is. Payout is sometimes a little over $100 for the first three games--better on the cover all last game. Sometimes the pot has to be divided by two or three people who all bingo at once. We've even seen games canceled when not enough people show up to make it worthwhile for the cruise to hold it. On our last cruise they guaranteed $125 per game to encourage people to play because the numbers were down due to people "doing the math."

Tucker in Texas

That's about right but I thought it was $30 for paper cards and $65 for the electronic thingees. Since they have so many more "cards," they usually win. But, how much fun is it to hold something and wait to see if you win?

Yep, that is about what it cost when I played. It is over priced and not even fun. Nothing like a real bingo game. I was disappointed and will never do it again. The whole thing lasts about five minutes. Doesn't even have any entertainment value.

It's okay, though, there are so many other things to do on the ship that I can't do at home.

Archived